Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerry

I went to the loo in the pub
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

ross4life

his ankle was twisted the wrong way after the tackle  (Ramsey was tackled by Shawcross who was sent off & was in tears going off)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Archie Mitchell

His leg was just hanging there, not good at all. Shawcross knew immediately what had happened.

GalwayBayBoy

Guardian's take on it.

66 min: SHAWCROSS SENT OFF AND RAMSEY SUFFERS HORRIFIC INJURY Oh this is horrible. Shades of Eduardo's injury. A number of players from both sides have their hands on their heads in horror. I genuinely can't look because it's so horrible. Shawcross is walking off in tears. Even now, Vermaelen is on his knees, hands on his head. This is horrible. They are not showing the replay and that must mean it is really, really bad.

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

stiffler

important 3 points

hope arsenal push on from here now
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Catch the high ball

This has to be one of the biggest wins of Arsenals season and I hope they can really kick on with a big title tilt. Very unfortunate what happened to Ramsey, didn't look good, could have been very useful in the run in. Get well soon.
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

The Watcher Pat

Good man Stiffler!!

Get well soon Rambo!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Square Ball on February 27, 2010, 07:10:24 PM
Quote from: gerry on February 27, 2010, 07:07:57 PM
Quote from: ross4life on February 27, 2010, 06:56:40 PM
horrible injury

Went to the loo and missed it, it must being that bad sky not showing it again

what happened to who?

I missed it too and was just hoping it wasn't Cesc..Not that I want it to be anyone I actually feel bad now myself..
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

ross4life

i  think the league winners will finish on 84/86 pts so If My Calculations Are Correct arsenal will need to win 9 of there Remaining Games to become the champions

ross4life

Quote from: Boycey on February 27, 2010, 08:36:16 PM
Great spirit shown by Arsenal to win today after what happened... Having seen the tackle several times now it looks a total accident to me. Hope the lad makes a full recovery, hes a great prospect.

yup seen the tackle few times myself yellow card at the most, guys on premier soccer saturday are saying the same

ONeill

I thought it was reckless - http://www.twitvid.com/CA36B

Great win. 10 wins left.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Minder

Quote from: ONeill on February 27, 2010, 10:50:56 PM
I thought it was reckless - http://www.twitvid.com/CA36B

Great win. 10 wins left.

That type of tackle seems to be described as "full blooded". Just very unlucky for Ramsey, you see tackles every week that look as if they should break legs, but do not.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ross4life

it's on Match of the day now will be interesting to see what they make of the tackle?

Minder

Quote from: ross4life on February 27, 2010, 10:57:49 PM
it's on Match of the day now will be interesting to see what they make of the tackle?

Why, can you not make your own mind up ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"