Lurgan

Started by seafoid, March 02, 2017, 01:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Orior on March 05, 2017, 10:58:56 AM
Why has Lurgan two cycling clubs? Is one more leisurely than the other?

Good old sporting rivalry. I was in Clann Eireann myself, they've never really gone away. Lurgan Road Club was a big force in the 80s, but I don't know if there's anything left of them now. Last I saw of it was a handful of the older fellas on the Sunday run. I think the Apollo crowd came from a split in the Road Club, last I heard they're still around. They got into mountain biking when it started getting popular in the 90s, and I think they recently started a youth MTB wing that rakes around the lakes in the evenings. Clann Eireann still going reasonably strong too. They were never into mountain biking when I was around, they were pure into the road racing. Always was a good healthy rivalry within the club during the Wednesday night 10 series and the Wednesday night handicapped road race series. The midweek races were good crack. Shorter than an open race, and the dynamics of the handicap always made it interesting.

brokencrossbar1

Pure shitehole of a place plain and simple😂😉

illdecide

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 06, 2017, 01:17:10 PM
Pure shitehole of a place plain and simple😂😉

I agree with you BC, that top end of the town where all them Prods live is a pure shit hole...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ziggysego

Never been there. So can't really comment.
Testing Accessibility

armaghniac

Quote from: ziggysego on March 06, 2017, 06:49:28 PM

This is GAABoard General Discussion, you don't have to know anything about the topic!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ziggysego

Quote from: armaghniac on March 06, 2017, 07:23:03 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on March 06, 2017, 06:49:28 PM

This is GAABoard General Discussion, you don't have to know anything about the topic!

Noticed that from some of the contributions some have made in other topics. ;)
Testing Accessibility

lurganblue

Caffola's marshmallow and ice cream is unreal.

T Fearon

I remember early on in my soccer career,with the famous Lurgan Inter,playing a hastily arranged friendly against what you might describe as a hastily put together team from Teghnevan in the mid 70s one Sunday.

The guy marking me asked the referee,the late Gabby Headley,how long was left.Gabby said "20 minutes" to which my marker said "Ah for f..k sake,the Forresters will be closed!" 😂😂😂😂

Orior

Quote from: T Fearon on March 06, 2017, 09:32:53 PM
I remember early on in my soccer career,with the famous Lurgan Inter,playing a hastily arranged friendly against what you might describe as a hastily put together team from Teghnevan in the mid 70s one Sunday.

The guy marking me asked the referee,the late Gabby Headley,how long was left.Gabby said "20 minutes" to which my marker said "Ah for f..k sake,the Forresters will be closed!" 😂😂😂😂

Nah, he was more concerned about having to listen to another 20 minutes of incessant talk about Spurs, Celtic, Armagh, Tir Na nOg and free tickets lol.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

armaghniac

Even that might be tolerable, but the explanation of being "Northern" Irish would have been worse.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

lurganblue

Quote from: T Fearon on March 06, 2017, 09:32:53 PM

Surely the "Fosters" is never closed! (exception being between the hours of about 3am and 7am)

JimStynes

Quote from: lurganblue on March 06, 2017, 09:21:45 PM
Big or the wee caffola's for ice cream? That's the big question!!

johnneycool

Quote from: JimStynes on March 07, 2017, 12:56:39 PM

Worked down that part of the world for a while and lord, a decent chip was hard to come by.

The "Borger" Stop chips were a soapy mush and the albino lad, Paul who'd the van outside the primary schools were decent, but not great.

nrico2006

Quote from: johnneycool on March 07, 2017, 02:06:44 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on March 07, 2017, 12:56:39 PM

Worked down that part of the world for a while and lord, a decent chip was hard to come by.

The "Borger" Stop chips were a soapy mush and the albino lad, Paul who'd the van outside the primary schools were decent, but not great.

I heard someone say there are good cafes in Lurgan but I would say the opposite was true.  There is the like of Caffola's and a few others that only really serve chip based meals, and none of them are great.  No real cafes where you can get nice stew, lasagnes, Spaghetti Bolognese etc.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

The Iceman

don't forget the thai sweet chilli chicken!! any good spot has to have it lol
good food in lurgan..... I've heard it all!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight