Islamic Jihadists ISIS

Started by rossiewanderer, August 13, 2014, 07:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelg

Quote from: Insane Bolt on February 18, 2019, 07:06:13 PM
I find this whole thing bizarre.....all this media attention.....who initiated this contact? It's more distraction bull....let the little englanders vent their anger at blacks/immigrants/muslims.....and forget all about Brexit......it's all a bad dream.
Are they allowed to vent their anger at the terrorists who killed 22 people, many of whom were children, in Manchester?

Insane Bolt

Quote from: michaelg on February 18, 2019, 08:32:22 PM
I find this whole thing bizarre.....all this media attention.....who initiated this contact? It's more distraction bull....let the little englanders vent their anger at blacks/immigrants/muslims.....and forget all about Brexit......it's all a bad dream.
Are they allowed to vent their anger at the terrorists who killed 22 people, many of whom were children, in Manchester?

Absolutely

Gabriel_Hurl

Something similar is happening here atm - the government has told them "good luck - you are on your own"

QuoteAn Ontario man who spent four years fighting for ISIS and used social media to recruit others now wants to return home with the help of the Canadian government.

Canadian Mohammed Ali says the Islamic State terror group is abandoning its foreign militants as it continues losing ground against U.S.-backed Kurdish fighters.

The 28-year-old says he, his Canadian wife and their two children have been "hung out to dry" and that it is no longer safe for them in Syria.

"Why shouldn't I be able to go home? I've done nothing in Canada. I've broken no laws there at all," said Ali in an interview.

Ali and his family attempted to flee to Turkey after he was cast out of the terror group, but were captured by coalition-led forces. They have been detained in a Syrian prison for the past nine months.

Ali fears the Islamic State militants still have sleeper cells and that members are hiding out until U.S. forces withdraw from the war zone.

Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale told CTV National News' Vanessa Lee that repatriating foreign fighters and their families is not a priority. He added that Canada will not put its diplomatic officers at risk in a "dangerous and dysfunctional" part of the world.

michaelg

Quote from: Insane Bolt on February 18, 2019, 09:28:59 PM
Quote from: michaelg on February 18, 2019, 08:32:22 PM

Absolutely
The girl in question has said the attack in Manchester was justified.  Might go some of the way to explain people's reactions.  Not that bizarre in that context.

Rossfan

Objectional as her comments are - Are they a crime?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Main Street

There's some comparison between the Syrian dictatorship suppressive response to civil protest in 2011 and the Ni statelet's response to civil rights protests in the 1960s, But to fully appreciate the extent of what an Assad would have accomplished in the 6 counties, all nationalist  enclaves would have been bombarded to a pulp, if you were a nationalist you were either dead or displaced.
And all that before the emergence of  the faint semblance of an armed resistance.

Assad and the orange regieme would have been doing high 5s.

BennyHarp

I haven't really been following the full back story to this, but I find it strange that ISIS would just let her wander out of their enclave and move back to the UK. I'd have thought this sort of disloyalty would have resulted in her being executed.
That was never a square ball!!

Linkbox

NY times did a podcast series (Caliphate) about ISIS and one of their police force who returned to Canada. Interesting listening.

Capt Pat

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 19, 2019, 12:12:52 AM
I haven't really been following the full back story to this, but I find it strange that ISIS would just let her wander out of their enclave and move back to the UK. I'd have thought this sort of disloyalty would have resulted in her being executed.

Not really. Isis are on the run at this stage. They are falling apart and scattering.

tonto1888

Quote from: Rossfan on February 18, 2019, 11:33:34 PM
Objectional as her comments are - Are they a crime?

I don't think so

LeoMc

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 18, 2019, 02:53:42 PM
Quote from: trailer on February 18, 2019, 01:08:17 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on February 18, 2019, 01:01:16 PM
Did she actually join ISIS?

What does joining ISIS look like? An application form? Yearly subscription? Changing your twitter bio to ISIS Member? Do you think they get a membership card?

Well they're a proscribed organisation. Being a member is punishable with a jail term and/or a fine. But to answer your questions I have no idea. Someone would need to make a finding on it tho

I think the wording allows for Providing support to a proscribed organisation" as it is often difficult to prove membership. The question then becomes "Did her actions provide support for ISIS". IMO the answer is yes.

Orior

She displays a confidence which is a bit galling. The brits should recruit her as an anti-Isis ambassador.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Hound

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 18, 2019, 09:32:21 PM
Something similar is happening here atm - the government has told them "good luck - you are on your own"

QuoteAn Ontario man who spent four years fighting for ISIS and used social media to recruit others now wants to return home with the help of the Canadian government.

Canadian Mohammed Ali says the Islamic State terror group is abandoning its foreign militants as it continues losing ground against U.S.-backed Kurdish fighters.

The 28-year-old says he, his Canadian wife and their two children have been "hung out to dry" and that it is no longer safe for them in Syria.

"Why shouldn't I be able to go home? I've done nothing in Canada. I've broken no laws there at all," said Ali in an interview.

Ali and his family attempted to flee to Turkey after he was cast out of the terror group, but were captured by coalition-led forces. They have been detained in a Syrian prison for the past nine months.

Ali fears the Islamic State militants still have sleeper cells and that members are hiding out until U.S. forces withdraw from the war zone.

Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale told CTV National News' Vanessa Lee that repatriating foreign fighters and their families is not a priority. He added that Canada will not put its diplomatic officers at risk in a "dangerous and dysfunctional" part of the world.
Is this not exactly the same as the UK case

They are not stopping her from returning. But they will detain and question her when/if she arrives. If she hasn't committed any crime , then there's not a lot they can do, she'll have legal reps. But if she has committed a crime, then she'll have to answer the charges. 

UK will not put any money into or risk lives in an attempt to 'rescue' her. She needs to make her own way back or obtain some other funding.  Proper order.

playwiththewind1st

Danny Dyer says she's to get back into the UK again. Sorted. Matter closed.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 19, 2019, 12:12:52 AM

ISIS is defeated and finished in state form, they hold a tiny area on the Iraqi/Syrian border which is only a matter of time before it's overrun, they are using human shields at the moment to halt progress.

It'll morph back to an Al Qaeda like organisation from here, perhaps another group will rise. As far as being a target on the map this group is finished and like Capt Pat said, they are on the run (those with any kind of intelligence)