David Haye v Audley Harrison

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 12, 2010, 05:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Anyone bothered about this?
Usual hype on Sky this week,both seem to be mouthy cocky b**tards.
Is it worth paying for this fight or will it be like when ross4life makes love to a woman...over in seconds.

David Haye 1/8
Audley Harrison 5/1
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

It's hard to know who to want to win this. Two pricks. Haye seems to have tried to market himself as an eloquent type with something to say. He isn't. He is just a mouth.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Doogie Browser

No interest, it's a shame this is how bad the heavyweight division has got when these two knobs are at the top of the tree.

andoireabu

Reckon Haye will earn his money easily enough in this one.  Would love to see him fight one of the Klitschko brothers.  Read in the paper a while back that Rogan wants a pop at Haye.  suppose you get nothing without asking!!!
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

Square Ball

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 12, 2010, 05:15:14 PM
Is it worth paying for this fight or will it be like when ross4life makes love to a woman...over in seconds.

David Haye 1/8
Audley Harrison 5/1

wouldnt pay for this shite to be honest, also RLL how do you know about R4L's sex life?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

lurganblue

Dung. Wouldn't be surprised if it goes all the way and there isn't a punch thrown

Donnellys Hollow

How in the name of god can they justify making this farce PPV?
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Tony Baloney

Haye is giving up 3 stone so he'll probably kn**ker Harrison by about Round 5. It's a poor show when "Ordinary" Harrison is on a PPV fight.

red hander

What is it with Sky-hyped mediocrities liike these that they make a fortune fighting bums until, eventually, they are forced to face a decent fighter and it all comes crashing down round their ears ... Eubank, Benn, Prince Naseem anyone?

ross4life

Quote from: Square Ball on November 12, 2010, 05:30:14 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 12, 2010, 05:15:14 PM

David Haye 1/8
Audley Harrison 5/1

wouldnt pay for this shite to be honest, also RLL how do you know aboutR4L's sex life?

:D

As for the fight, one of the most over hyped boring fights in store the heavyweight division is at all time low! kinda like RLL posts or the Laois football team.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

thejuice

Haye is going to smash him. I don't think there is a boxing match I'd pay for these days. Its pretty much dead as a spectacle and most fights are on the net for free or on youtube the day after.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Club Rossa

Sky have hyped this fight up far more than it deserves to be honest.Both of them have been talking shite all week and its a pity one of them has to win.
I would expect Haye to stop Audley in the 4th or 5th.

gallsman

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 12, 2010, 05:35:16 PM
How in the name of god can they justify making this farce PPV?

Because people in Britain will buy it. Never forget that boxing is about money, not pride, prestige or glory.

Minder, Haye is a mouth because that's what he needs to be to sell tickets and PPV buys.

Red Hander, Haye is no mediocrity. He's an excellent fighter in an admittedly poor era for heavyweights. Nor for that matter were any of the other three British fighters you mentioned close to being mediocre.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: red hander on November 12, 2010, 05:43:34 PM
What is it with Sky-hyped mediocrities liike these that they make a fortune fighting bums until, eventually, they are forced to face a decent fighter and it all comes crashing down round their ears ... Eubank, Benn, Prince Naseem anyone?

Never liked Nigel Benn but ne hever ducked a fight and went to the states to win a world championship. His win against McClellan (who was expected to beat him) is probably the most brutal fight I've ever seen. If he were around today he would be a superstar.

gallsman

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on November 12, 2010, 06:35:17 PM
Quote from: red hander on November 12, 2010, 05:43:34 PM

Never liked Nigel Benn but ne hever ducked a fight and went to the states to win a world championship. His win against McClellan (who was expected to beat him) is probably the most brutal fight I've ever seen. If he were around today he would be a superstar.

Gerald McClelland was the most feared puncher of his day, pound for pound. He flattened Benn very early (first or second round) and Benn came back to knock him out, obviously with tragic consequences.