THE EVƎNT

Started by The Real Laoislad, September 28, 2010, 07:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

New TV series starting on Channel 4 soon from NBC in America,saw this being advertised everywhere when I was in New York,its from the makers of Lost I think.
Anyway it sounds like something I could get hooked on.
I downloaded the first episode and will watch it after tonights football.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Event_(TV_series)

Near the end of World War II, an aircraft of undetermined origin crashed in the Brooks Range of northern Alaska. It carried passengers who appeared outwardly human but are not of terrestrial origin. They have some genetic differences and age much more slowly than humans. Most of the survivors were interned by the U.S. government in a secret facility nearby run by intelligence agencies, since they have refused to disclose much about their origin, but some escaped and live among the population.
President Elias Martinez learns of the facililty's existence shortly after his inauguration and decides, after meeting the leader of the detainees, to release them and disclose their existence to the world over the objections of the intelligence agencies. His plans are put on hold when an assassination attempt on him is foiled by means beyond human technology. The CIA, realizing that this means there are other aliens, secretly plans to find and kill them, unaware that the agent chosen to head the effort is himself one.
Caught in the middle of these events is Sean Walker, whose plans to propose to his girlfriend Leila on a Caribbean cruise were cut short when she mysteriously disappears from the ship. His investigation eventually leads him to uncover the assassination plot
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tony Baloney

Gabriel_Hurl

second episode was a lot better than the first

Hoof Hearted

i thought this was going to be pictures or your wedding day LL  :)
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

The Real Laoislad

Is it going to be good do you think Gab?
I was disappointed Heroes and Flash Forward were cancelled so need a new show,hoping this will be good.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 28, 2010, 09:52:03 PM
I was disappointed Heroes and Flash Forward were cancelled so need a new show,hoping this will be good.

Heroes was only good in the first series. Flash Forward got stale after the second episode.
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on September 28, 2010, 09:54:17 PM

Heroes was only good in the first series. Flash Forward got stale after the second episode.

Wrong on both accounts Ziggy!
I loved all seasons of Heroes.....better than Quantum Leap anyway  ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

I downloaded it there, someone watch it and tell me if it's any good. Road wars is on in a few minutes.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ziggysego

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 28, 2010, 09:55:47 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on September 28, 2010, 09:54:17 PM

Wrong on both accounts Ziggy!
I loved all seasons of Heroes.....better than Quantum Leap anyway  ;)

Jerk-off  >:(
Testing Accessibility

mc_grens

Looking forward to watching the episodes of Boatdwalk Empire I've downloaded a hell of a lot more than this I have to say...

ballinaman

I heard the the guy who plays the president on the radio the last day, 5 years/seasons have already been written....no thanks. Think i'll wait for the boxset in 2015 if it's any use....

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

mc_grens

Quote from: ballinaman on September 29, 2010, 08:49:20 AM
I heard the the guy who plays the president on the radio the last day, 5 years/seasons have already been written....no thanks. Think i'll wait for the boxset in 2015 if it's any use....

All those lies were told at the start of lost too.

pintsofguinness

I give up half way through the second episode today - all that jumping back and forwards "7 days earlier" then "3 days earlier" blah blah was hurting my head!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Capt Pat

Boarwalk Empire is another one that is coming out soon. The first episode or pilot was directed by Scorsese or one of those. Steve Buscemi is the lead as a prohibition era Atlantic City gangster/politician. It would be my type of tv series but I don't really watch tv that much.