Well done Enda.

Started by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com, June 17, 2010, 04:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

I see Enda has ruled out sharing power with SF because of the 'army council'. Stupid thing to say when he's up North especially - it plays right into the hands of the anti-powersharing Unionists, who rightly see it as double standards. The parties in the south expect the Unionists to do something that they won't.

Now I'm no SF supporter, but there are 101 reasons/excuses for not going into government with SF without brining up the 'army council'.

Zapatista

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 21, 2010, 11:39:19 PM
I see Enda has ruled out sharing power with SF because of the 'army council'. Stupid thing to say when he's up North especially - it plays right into the hands of the anti-powersharing Unionists, who rightly see it as double standards. The parties in the south expect the Unionists to do something that they won't.

Now I'm no SF supporter, but there are 101 reasons/excuses for not going into government with SF without brining up the 'army council'.

Yes, there is the equally good argument of someone thinking of the children.

bcarrier

QuoteOn Friday, in the face of a growing consensus within Fine Gael, Mr Kenny rejected a call by the businessman Denis O'Brien for a "united front" from political parties in the form of a 'Tallaght II'.

Mr Kenny said there would be no repeat of Fine Gael's support of the economic policies of Fianna Fail's minority government from 1987 to 1989.

"Listen, I was a member of Fine Gael when we had Tallaght 1. While it was wonderful from a national perspective to support the Tallaght Strategy, Fine Gael had no power or influence over it and suffered at the polls as a consequence," he said.

The statement in surely political dynamite. Is it not an admission that his personal pursuit of power is a higher priority than the national interest ?

Rossfan

I would have thought that true of nearly all politicians  >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

boojangles

Quote from: bcarrier on October 03, 2010, 08:09:52 AM
QuoteOn Friday, in the face of a growing consensus within Fine Gael, Mr Kenny rejected a call by the businessman Denis O'Brien for a "united front" from political parties in the form of a 'Tallaght II'.

Mr Kenny said there would be no repeat of Fine Gael's support of the economic policies of Fianna Fail's minority government from 1987 to 1989.

"Listen, I was a member of Fine Gael when we had Tallaght 1. While it was wonderful from a national perspective to support the Tallaght Strategy, Fine Gael had no power or influence over it and suffered at the polls as a consequence," he said.

The statement in surely political dynamite. Is it not an admission that his personal pursuit of power is a higher priority than the national interest ?

Where is that quoted from Bcarrier??

drici

Quote from: boojangles on October 03, 2010, 10:59:15 PM

Where is that quoted from Bcarrier??

On Friday, Mr Kenny ruled out what would effectively be a new version of the so-called 'Tallaght Strategy', on the grounds that while it may be good for the country, it would cost Fine Gael votes.

Zapatista

Quote from: drici on October 03, 2010, 11:08:02 PM
On Friday, Mr Kenny ruled out what would effectively be a new version of the so-called 'Tallaght Strategy', on the grounds that while it may be good for the country, it would cost Fine Gael votes.

Could it not be that the Country didn't agree and punished FG for it? To be fair I'd hate to see them all bunched together. If they can't holld the Government to account with an opposition then without one we're really going to be screwed.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: bcarrier on October 03, 2010, 08:09:52 AM

The national interest is the utter destruction of Fianna Fail
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.