The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

It's the usual false equivalence motif. The problem is that vast numbers of Trump supporters (including our correspondents here who laughably try to add credibility to their posts by pretending not to be Trump supporters) swallow it whole.

whitey

Quote from: Hardy on May 31, 2018, 02:00:32 PM
It's the usual false equivalence motif. The problem is that vast numbers of Trump supporters (including our correspondents here who laughably try to add credibility to their posts by pretending not to be Trump supporters) swallow it whole.

I dislike Trump and the Democrats equally, in much the same way many people in Ireland detest both Enda Kenny and Bertie Ahern

Problem is middle of the road Republican get obliterated by the press and painted as something they're not.....so there's fvck all to gain by nominating a moderate such as Romney

Many Trump supporters I know simply don't give a fvck....their taxes have been cut, their guns are safe and they hope he'll get to appoint at least one more Supreme Court justice

Hardy

Quote from: whitey on May 31, 2018, 02:07:13 PM
I dislike Trump and the Democrats equally

Yes - that's clear from the scrupulously equal number of your posts condemning each.
::)

seafoid

Quote from: Hardy on May 31, 2018, 02:00:32 PM

I dislike Trump and the Democrats equally, in much the same way many people in Ireland detest both Enda Kenny and Bertie Ahern

Problem is middle of the road Republican get obliterated by the press and painted as something they're not.....so there's fvck all to gain by nominating a moderate such as Romney

Many Trump supporters I know simply don't give a fvck....their taxes have been cut, their guns are safe and they hope he'll get to appoint at least one more Supreme Court justice
Their taxes cut but gas went up wiping out the tax cut for 40% of Americans. Most don't realise they live in a plutocracy.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

whitey

Quote from: Hardy on May 31, 2018, 02:11:00 PM
I dislike Trump and the Democrats equally

Yes - that's clear from the scrupulously equal number of your posts condemning each.
::)

The sheeple regurgitaing CNNs talking points already have that side covered on here

whitey

Quote from: seafoid on May 31, 2018, 01:54:22 PM
Quote from: whitey on May 31, 2018, 01:17:20 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 31, 2018, 12:10:36 PM
Quote from: whitey on May 31, 2018, 11:51:45 AM
Quote from: J70 on May 31, 2018, 11:47:12 AM
Quote from: whitey on May 31, 2018, 11:32:44 AM
Anyone read about the NY Times reporter tweeting about how upsetting and disheartening  it was to have kids taunting her at Trumps Nashville rally with cries of "fake news"

She went on to report that attendance at the rally was 1,000

She later corrected the attendance to 5,500

Keep it up

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/new-york-times-issues-correction-of-its-crowd-size-estimate-for-trump-nashville-rally/2018/05/30/079e46e4-6436-11e8-a768-ed043e33f1dc_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8aeac0cf1153

Absolutely they should "keep it up" and correct the record when warranted.

Maybe one of these days Trump and the right wing media will acknowledge their lies and bullshit or even honest mistakes and issue corrections ... or maybe not.

Im on the same side as you, but why the fvck are they playing into his hands by being this sloppy with their reporting.....as I said from day 1, theres enough real stuff to be outraged about without making $hit up

If you went to a football match, I think you could tell if there was 1,000 or 5,500 people present
Big deal Whitey
Trump lies all the time.
How did such a mendacious malignant narcissist become a GOP president ?  Conservatism is in a bad way

So you have no issues with a NY Times journalist intentionally lying about how many people attended the rally???

Believe me, I fvckin hate Trump. I'm embarrassed that he got the Republican nomination.

But he's right about the media....CNN, MSNBC and the New York Times now have about as much credibility as Fox News
If an under 14 picked up.the ball off the ground playing for Burrishoole I wouldn't compare it to an eye gouging in an all Ireland Final. Would you ?

You have no idea what Trump and his cronies are doing to the US.

Believe what you want

The likes of the NY Times and  CNN never give conservatives a fair shake and now theyre getting called on it and rightly so.

I mean.....you couldnt make it up.....NY Times reporter tweeted how upsetting it was to get called fake news by a bunch of kids, then goes ahead and underestimates the attendance at the rally by over 80%.   Keep it up

J70

Quote from: whitey on May 31, 2018, 04:57:15 PM
Anyone read about the NY Times reporter tweeting about how upsetting and disheartening  it was to have kids taunting her at Trumps Nashville rally with cries of "fake news"

Keep it up

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/new-york-times-issues-correction-of-its-crowd-size-estimate-for-trump-nashville-rally/2018/05/30/079e46e4-6436-11e8-a768-ed043e33f1dc_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8aeac0cf1153

Maybe one of these days Trump and the right wing media will acknowledge their lies and bullshit or even honest mistakes and issue corrections ... or maybe not.

Im on the same side as you, but why the fvck are they playing into his hands by being this sloppy with their reporting.....as I said from day 1, theres enough real stuff to be outraged about without making $hit up

If you went to a football match, I think you could tell if there was 1,000 or 5,500 people present
Big deal Whitey
Trump lies all the time.
How did such a mendacious malignant narcissist become a GOP president ?  Conservatism is in a bad way

So you have no issues with a NY Times journalist intentionally lying about how many people attended the rally???

Believe me, I fvckin hate Trump. I'm embarrassed that he got the Republican nomination.

But he's right about the media....CNN, MSNBC and the New York Times now have about as much credibility as Fox News
If an under 14 picked up.the ball off the ground playing for Burrishoole I wouldn't compare it to an eye gouging in an all Ireland Final. Would you ?

Believe what you want

The likes of the NY Times and  CNN never give conservatives a fair shake and now theyre getting called on it and rightly so.

I mean.....you couldnt make it up.....NY Times reporter tweeted how upsetting it was to get called fake news by a bunch of kids, then goes ahead and underestimates the attendance at the rally by over 80%.   Keep it up

At least the Times, when they get it wrong, issue a correction.

Do Fox News (given that you're equating the two)?

Trump seems to think being held accountable or called out on his own lies is fake news. Meanwhile he endorses the likes of Alex Jones, who, happily (for lack of a better word) is getting sued by the Sandy Hook parents for his disgusting output.

seafoid

Keep it up

Big deal Whitey
Trump lies all the time.

Believe what you want

People like Maggie Haberman of the NYT and Greg Sergeant of the Wa Po have been working carefully since the inauguration to describe the chaos of the Trump presidency. Fake news means anything Trump doesn't like. Most of the fakery is in the WH

. Brian Beutler

@brianbeutler

In my opinion, the key question is this: How much of a typical live interview with Conway would a journalist have to cut for being deceptive, if the interview were conducted for a print story? Nearly all of it. But on live TV it all goes out unfiltered and viewers are deceived.

Brian Stelter

@brianstelter

100s of people have asked this today. Answer: Conway is a key W.H. aide. She speaks to POTUS. She reps the POV of many Trump voters. So, I strive for thought-provoking Q's. I think her answers AND non-answers are revealing. Judge the transcript: (link: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1805/20/rs.01.html)

whitey

Quote from: J70 on May 31, 2018, 05:04:24 PM

Keep it up

Big deal Whitey
Trump lies all the time.

Believe what you want

Trump seems to think being held accountable or called out on his own lies is fake news. Meanwhile he endorses the likes of Alex Jones, who, happily (for lack of a better word) is getting sued by the Sandy Hook parents for his disgusting output.

Haven't watched Fox News in about 10 years so I wouldn't know. Fox are unapologetic right wing and biased.....problem is NY Times and CNN have become left wing clones of Fox

whitey

Quote from: seafoid on May 31, 2018, 05:06:33 PM

Keep it up

Big deal Whitey
Trump lies all the time.

Believe what you want

People like Maggie Haberman of the NYT and Greg Sergeant of the Wa Po have been working carefully since the inauguration to describe the chaos of the Trump presidency. Fake news means anything Trump doesn't like. Most of the fakery is in the WH

. Brian Beutler

@brianbeutler

In my opinion, the key question is this: How much of a typical live interview with Conway would a journalist have to cut for being deceptive, if the interview were conducted for a print story? Nearly all of it. But on live TV it all goes out unfiltered and viewers are deceived.

Brian Stelter

@brianstelter

100s of people have asked this today. Answer: Conway is a key W.H. aide. She speaks to POTUS. She reps the POV of many Trump voters. So, I strive for thought-provoking Q's. I think her answers AND non-answers are revealing. Judge the transcript: (link: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1805/20/rs.01.html)

This is exactly my point......there's enough real $hit that's outrageous to report why fabricate ANYTHING?

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on May 31, 2018, 05:12:15 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 31, 2018, 05:06:33 PM

Keep it up

Big deal Whitey
Trump lies all the time.

Believe what you want

. Brian Beutler

@brianbeutler

Brian Stelter

@brianstelter

This is exactly my point......there's enough real $hit that's outrageous to report why fabricate ANYTHING?
Why focus on some thing pointless ? I don't understand.
The logic behind Fake News is that only Trump cares about the flyover states. That is also bs.

J70

Quote from: whitey on May 31, 2018, 05:09:23 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 31, 2018, 05:04:24 PM

Keep it up

Big deal Whitey
Trump lies all the time.

Believe what you want

Haven't watched Fox News in about 10 years so I wouldn't know. Fox are unapologetic right wing and biased.....problem is NY Times and CNN have become left wing clones of Fox

CNN May well be (I wouldn't know) but there is simply no basis for equating the Times with Fox.

Fox is a propaganda outlet from Trump and the paranoid, resentful section of the right wing.

The Times is a mainstream hard news outlet with a liberal editorial page.

One does serious journalism and issues corrections. The other takes pride in misrepresentation and clouding the issues.

No comparison.

seafoid

Fox is not journalism. The NYT is.

whitey

Quote from: seafoid on May 31, 2018, 05:35:18 PM
Fox is not journalism. The NYT is.

Like the time they let Hillarys campaign edit the pro Bernie editorial-lol

mrdeeds

Has Kim Kardashian sorted out prison reform. I look forward to Sylvester Stallone sorting out the economy and Paris Hilton the Middle East.