Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

Just back from Avengers. Excellent. All loose ends tied up and a bit of passing on baton too. However one scene was so contrived.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 26, 2019, 10:18:01 AM
Quote from: lurganblue on April 26, 2019, 10:08:07 AM
Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on April 26, 2019, 10:01:31 AM
Thought Endgame was excellent - really well done.  Majority of the cinema clapping at the end at the showing I went too

I have never seen this happen in any cinema, for any film. I assumed it was only done after the red carpet first showing in London or wherever.

Clapping! First and only time was in the States, Time Square cinema, the film? Last Action hero! f**k some Americans are dumb
Same here only time I saw it was in Philadelphia  at the end of the Mel Gibson film " The Patriot"

tbrick18

Only saw the clapping in cinema's twice, both times in the states.
Independence day, after the President's speech before attacking the Aliens. ::)

Then in "We Were Soldiers" and all those pesky Vietnamese were cut down with mini guns.  >:(

Some American's are nuts.

Jeepers Creepers

At the end of 'In the name of the Father' in cineworld in West Belfast there was a rousing round of applause.

charlieTully

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on April 30, 2019, 10:22:10 AM
At the end of 'In the name of the Father' in cineworld in West Belfast there was a rousing round of applause.

Watched braveheart in the cinema in Newry. During the scene were the Irish troops are send out across the battlefield and they stop and join forces with the Scottish a roar went up from the audience. Best cinema experience I ever had. It was class.

johnnycool

Quote from: charlieTully on April 30, 2019, 11:36:40 AM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on April 30, 2019, 10:22:10 AM

Watched braveheart in the cinema in Newry. During the scene were the Irish troops are send out across the battlefield and they stop and join forces with the Scottish a roar went up from the audience. Best cinema experience I ever had. It was class.

The same happened in Newtownards...
;D

lurganblue

I enjoyed the doc film "Free Solo" about yer man attempting to climb El Capitan without any ropes etc. It's absolutely unbelievable the risks involved.  It really is hard to get your head around why people even attempt these things. 

Main Street

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 24, 2019, 10:08:56 PM
Anyone heading to the cinema tonight? I've been roped into the Marvel film at 12 tonight !
Any chance you could just head to an unquiet grave.
;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Main Street on May 05, 2019, 11:37:33 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 24, 2019, 10:08:56 PM
Anyone heading to the cinema tonight? I've been roped into the Marvel film at 12 tonight !
Any chance you could just head to an unquiet grave.
;D

Jeez! Are you on the buckfast tonight?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lurganblue

Experienced my first round of applause in an Irish cinema yesterday for Aladdin. Top class show in fairness but people need to calm down  ;D

BennyCake

Quote from: lurganblue on June 16, 2019, 09:21:22 PM
Experienced my first round of applause in an Irish cinema yesterday for Aladdin. Top class show in fairness but people need to calm down  ;D

Seen a trailer for that, and Willy Smith was annoying as frig in it. He's become one annoying tool bag.

Tony Baloney

Apollo 11 is class. See it in the cinema as tv won't do it justice.

JPGJOHNNYG

Enjoyed John Wick 1 and 2 but thought the third one was poor, it has been getting great reviews though so maybe I was in the wrong frame of mind for watching it..

Dinny Breen

Is it me or has there been a dearth of really good movies this past year?
#newbridgeornowhere

lurganblue

Toy Story 4. More of the same but just as enjoyable. 7/10

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 05, 2019, 12:05:53 PM
Is it me or has there been a dearth of really good movies this past year?

TV series seem to be killing the movie quality.  I am looking forward to the new Tarantino one though.