British University GAA

Started by Rav67, October 25, 2007, 08:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rav67

Quote from: screenexile on January 31, 2008, 04:49:47 PM
Sunderland were FULL of ringers last year no wonder they're all available this year. Sure their Captain Daws was driving around in a Beamer FFS! Anyway good luck to you Rav I'm sure ye'll have a good time over the weekend even if the football doesn't go according to plan.

Daws has he's been helping us out a bit this past week or two with training, he's still playing for Sunderland this year too I think.

Aerlik

Group D
Edinburgh
UCLAN (Preston)
TBC
Play Off Loser Glasgow/ Northumbria

So Preston have a team?  I remember trying to get the team up and running in the mid-80s with the Irish community in the town to try and get a team into the Lancashire junior league. 
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

pebble-dasher

do stirling not have a team? are they not the current european champions!

Rav67

Stirling do have a team but the Scottish pre-Christmas league is pretty competitive and they might not have qualified for the Championships, or else they are maybe in Division 3 (I haven't seen the draw for it).

SuperHans

How did the play off go Rav67, u looking forward to the weekend?

Rav67

Quote from: SuperHans on February 11, 2008, 01:59:41 PM
How did the play off go Rav67, u looking forward to the weekend?

Beat Glasgow handy enough in the end up, even with missing a few players.  Big Lorcan McCloskey was midfield for them.  We could do with a warm-up game, even with the local club team Cuchullains, before the tournament though.  Teeside pulled out of a friendly last weekend there and we were going to play Hope but we're in their group now so we won't bother.  I miss the first day because of tests which is shit but still looking forward to heading down on the Friday evening, there's a good feeling in the camp that we might actually make a decent impression this year.  Definitely off the swally over the weekend till our football is over anyway!

No1

QuoteDefinitely off the swally over the weekend till our football is over anyway!
:o

WTF is that about?!  In my day the only boys that went off the drink were John Moores (the tossers).  Maybe that's why we were so bad!

The whole weekend was about the craic.  I blame pay for play!

Rav67

No1- you'll be happy to hear Teeside are going it alone in Division 3, it would be far too easy if the combined team was allowed in that section as it will be a shite standard I'd imagine from some of the teams that are in it.

Well the way we're looking at it, we're there from Thursday evening till Sunday and we're underdogs in the group so we could be out of the thing by Friday afternoon, not that long to stay off the beer for!  And if we get into the semis, we may as well give it a real good lash.  A good few of the boys in the team used to be at Carlow IT who are hosting the Sigerson/Trench cup weekend so that's a huge incentive for them to win this tournament to get there, would be a huge ask obviously but you never know.

screenexile

I see Manchester won the Plate competion and John Moore's did the 3 in a row... any updates from the weekend Rav? Was it as crazy as always??

Rav67

We drew with Hope and got beat by RGU and Napier.  Napier and John Moores were a cut above the other sides.  Missing a few players for various reasons but still the consensus was we never done ourselves justice.  Unbelievable weekend's craic though, on the rip from Friday evening through to Newcastle on Sunday night! 

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quotethe consensus was we never done ourselves justice.  Unbelievable weekend's craic though, on the rip from Friday evening through to Newcastle on Sunday night!

Rav do you think there's even an outside chance those two issue might be related?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Rav67

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on February 26, 2008, 11:19:24 PM
Quotethe consensus was we never done ourselves justice.  Unbelievable weekend's craic though, on the rip from Friday evening through to Newcastle on Sunday night!

Rav do you think there's even an outside chance those two issue might be related?

We were already out by the Friday night as all the group games are on that day!  Went down on the Thursday and everyone behaved that night.

SuperHans

Any other craic rav? any big names playin or who will be a shoe inn for an allstar?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Rav67 on February 14, 2008, 04:58:37 PM
A good few of the boys in the team used to be at Carlow IT who are hosting the Sigerson/Trench cup weekend so that's a huge incentive for them to win this tournament to get there, would be a huge ask obviously but you never know.
jeez I would have thought the incentive was to lose if carlow was the destination - what a sh*t hole

mattockranger

jeez I would have thought the incentive was to lose if carlow was the destination - what a sh*t hole
[/quote]
lynchboy you obviously don't know what your talkin about Carlow town is one of the nicest and most vibrant towns in ireland
especially for a nght out best of luk to them !
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital