Ard Mhacha v Dún na nGall - 26ú Meitheamh

Started by PatDaly, June 13, 2010, 07:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: drici on June 21, 2010, 11:20:18 AM
Quote from: Hank Everlast on June 21, 2010, 11:14:50 AM

I checked the other board there and they hav something similar posted about the capacity..

And Breffni coincidentally spelt Brefni as well.

Ohh Sherlock Holmes did i spell that right for you or should i have spelt Cross as Crossmaglen or should it have read KingsSpan Brefni Park ;). you guys are unbelieveable over spelling WTF like, do you guys sit around all day waiting on someone to spell a word wrong or spell it the same as someone else and then convict them...Sad men
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

mackers

Is the capacity really such a big issue? How many do you think are going to be there at 3.30 on a Saturday afternoon when it is live on TV? If they take it to Breffni it'll be played in front of £10k max and will make for a crap atmosphere. Leave it in Cross FFS!!
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

armaghniac

QuoteAye apparently for H&S reasons they say Cross cannot cope with the demand and that they have reduced the capacity down to is 4k to 5k

The Culloville Road side of Cross is entirely up to modern standards and can take 5K+, and there is surely room for another couple of thousand elsewhere in the ground. They should rent one of those temporary stands and put it behind the Culloville goal.

QuoteSherlock Holmes did i spell that right for you or should i have spelt Cross as Crossmaglen

did I spell that right for you or should I have spelt Cross' as Crossmaglen.  ;)
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

illdecide

Quote from: armaghniac on June 21, 2010, 12:25:09 PM
QuoteAye apparently for H&S reasons they say Cross cannot cope with the demand and that they have reduced the capacity down to is 4k to 5k

The Culloville Road side of Cross is entirely up to modern standards and can take 5K+, and there is surely room for another couple of thousand elsewhere in the ground. They should rent one of those temporary stands and put it behind the Culloville goal.

QuoteSherlock Holmes did i spell that right for you or should i have spelt Cross as Crossmaglen

did I spell that right for you or should I have spelt Cross' as Crossmaglen.  ;)

I don't know what category of game the council have in place for this game but the expected crowd should meet the allocation for the game in Cross so it should be keep there. That bank on one side may not qualify for patrons so they may be excluding that (not too sure of it's current condition).
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

mhacadoir

Armagh's Nicky Rackard game with Sligo has been moved to Breffni Park, sat at 5pm. Armagh had home advantage. why the game couldn't have been played at Crossmaglen before the Donegal baffles me.

Onion Bag

heading over to newcastle this w'end on a stag, anyone know any pubs that we could watch the match, i know with the world cup on we might struggle
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Zapatista

Quote from: Onion Bag on June 21, 2010, 03:02:14 PM
heading over to newcastle this w'end on a stag, anyone know any pubs that we could watch the match, i know with the world cup on we might struggle

You might find something here -

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=16304.0

AFS

Quote from: mhacadoir on June 21, 2010, 02:59:57 PM
Armagh's Nicky Rackard game with Sligo has been moved to Breffni Park, sat at 5pm. Armagh had home advantage. why the game couldn't have been played at Crossmaglen before the Donegal baffles me.

Especially considering the average attendance at the other Rackard Cup games in Cross this year has been about 50.

our_fella

Anyone else hear about any inclusions to the Armagh panel this week?

mhacadoir

Quote from: AFS on June 21, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
Quote from: mhacadoir on June 21, 2010, 02:59:57 PM

Especially considering the average attendance at the other Rackard Cup games in Cross this year has been about 50.

exactly. it was a great chance to give the hurlers some prominance, especially as both they and the minors have been doing well this year

imtommygunn

why did brian mallon request a hearing and then not turn up to it??

doesn't make any sense...

bennydorano

Quote from: Onion Bag on June 21, 2010, 03:02:14 PM
Irish centre, 200ft from St James and 500ft from tity bars.

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 21, 2010, 07:29:27 PM
why did brian mallon request a hearing and then not turn up to it??

doesn't make any sense...

I believe he got a mouth injury at training, 10 stitches or something like that so might not have been able to speak properly. Could be a possible reason.

imtommygunn

Ah, that explains it. Wasn't stirring just found it strange.

Then again wouldn't be as good a story if that part were in the news article.

done and dusted

Donegal duo opt out

Donegal's Leo McLoone
18 June 2010

Leo McLoone and Fergal McNulty have quit the Donegal football squad ahead of tomorrow week's All-Ireland qualifier against Armagh.

Naomh Conaill attacker McLoone, who was one of the stars of Donegal's run to this year's All-Ireland under 21 final, informed manager John Joe Doherty last week of his decision to leave the panel.

Urney clubman McNulty has also withdrawn his services in frustration at a lack of opportunities since he was drafted into the panel at the start of the year.