Club Hurling

Started by BallyroanAbbey, April 16, 2017, 11:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

Scully was bad enough with his comments, some just get carried away when their head gets too big for their shoulders but the bile it generated in other replies to Colm on twitter was disgusting and for as long as those posts are left on twitter.  One tweeter "Test" set up a new account to spew.. A referee shouldn't be engaged in this carry on and following up with a post  " Best of luck to Portlaoise" can be seen through as a reason  for leaving the post on twitter that should be removed.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Keyser Söze

Great win for Portlaoise. Camross have a fighting chance today!
Amazingly, both Darrell Dooley & John O' Brien will be both on duty today in Leinster Club Championship!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

oneflewoverthecuckoonest

fine win for portlaoise, stiff test next time against a young emerging ballinamere-durrow.

the likes of the scully chap should be given no oxygen at all, he would have notions about his standing(figure of mirth) as a referee!.

there are two members of the camross hurling panel due before the courts on a very serious GHB assault charge in the near future with custodial sentences likely.
can one assume mr scully will be tweeting extensively about said court proceedings and outcome?....you must be joking, it will be the usual see no evil, hear no evil.

Unlaoised

Bye bue camross ...i dont think anyone cares
LAOIS ABÚ

Don Draper

Quote from: Unlaoised on November 05, 2018, 08:22:52 AM
Disappointed to see them lose yesterday, would have liked to see them get a run out against Ballyhale.

Helix

Quote from: Don Draper on November 05, 2018, 10:16:10 AM
Disappointed to see them lose yesterday, would have liked to see them get a run out against Ballyhale.

Camross got decent start but Naomh Eanna absolutely blitzed them. Could have had another 2-3 goals Goalie save on Dean Delaney before HT would have brought it closer but camross had too much to do 2nd half. No 8 at midlfield carried a fair amount of ball and did good bit of damage. Very wrists hurlers spread ball around fairly well. Will give Ballyhale a decent game I'd say.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Don Draper

Quote from: Helix on November 05, 2018, 11:52:48 AM

Camross got decent start but Naomh Eanna absolutely blitzed them. Could have had another 2-3 goals Goalie save on Dean Delaney before HT would have brought it closer but camross had too much to do 2nd half. No 8 at midlfield carried a fair amount of ball and did good bit of damage. Very wrists hurlers spread ball around fairly well. Will give Ballyhale a decent game I'd say.
How did the tooth fairy play?

Helix

Quote from: Don Draper on November 05, 2018, 01:09:31 PM

Didn't get a run. On the bench.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

LOVEGAA

Quote from: Helix on November 05, 2018, 01:29:32 PM

Strange seen as he was the hero in the county final.

I'd imagine Camross happy enough to be the big fish in the small pond. 

burdizzo

When was the last time a Laois club actually won a game in Leinster, at senior level?

Fair play to Portlaoise, though, beating Wicklow senior champions.

Slieve Bloom came asunder, seemingly, after Ben Conroy went off in their Leinster junior game. Unfortunately he's done damage to his knee, so won't be available for club or county for the best part of a year.

Helix

Quote from: LOVEGAA on November 05, 2018, 01:35:57 PM

Strange seen as he was the hero in the county final.

I'd imagine Camross happy enough to be the big fish in the small pond. 

Dwane Palmer in from the start. Gearoid Burke came in with about 10 mins left they were chasing too much in 2nd half. Some aimless ball put into the forward line from Camross. Lost most of the 50/50 balls which was big impact on them.
Zane was decent overall with places balls (took goal well from free). Naomh Eanna were more efficient with the ball and always had men in space and step it up when needed. Conor McDonald some man to field ball and gave Malvin Moloney a tough time.  Was impressed with them how comfortable they were and were missing Cathal Dunbarr (who would be one of the better forwards and with Wexford seniors) and 2 in the back line. Wouldn't be surprised if they beat Ballyhale to be honest.

Speedy recovery to Ben too. Massive loss to Slieve Bloom.

Don Draper

Oh well, he did his work for the year I suppose

LOVEGAA

Quote from: Don Draper on November 05, 2018, 02:04:40 PM

Oh well, he did his work for the year I suppose

And from comments on Social Media even up to last night they seem to find it hard to get that people dislike the way they went about the win and not the actual win itself !

clonadmad

Quote from: burdizzo on November 05, 2018, 01:53:29 PM
When was the last time a Laois club actually won a game in Leinster, at senior level?

Fair play to Portlaoise, though, beating Wicklow senior champions.

Slieve Bloom came asunder, seemingly, after Ben Conroy went off in their Leinster junior game. Unfortunately he's done damage to his knee, so won't be available for club or county for the best part of a year.

One win in the Leinster club Championship in the last 10 years shows exactly where laois ranks in club hurling also.

Sorry to see Camross lose yesterday,would have loved to have seen Ballyhale hand them their arses

TheGiantSquid

A lot of Camross players found out over the weekend,
Dean Delaney -  non existent
Tomas Burke - Nothing
Collier midfield - passenger
and even Joe Phelan - looked poor for a county corner back.

Seemed reluctant to go short with puckouts even though NE had dropped very deep, best performers were Zane and big Lorcan Burke wing back. .. How Conor McDonald was left 1v1 in 20 yards of space for 40 mins is anyones guess.