Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Quote from: illdecide on January 29, 2008, 02:51:01 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on January 29, 2008, 02:00:26 PM
Quote from: illdecide on January 29, 2008, 10:19:26 AM
We play in the Ulster Laegue on Sunday and the following 4 Sunday's so i'll miss most of Armagh's league games. Thats the down side of club football and then people moan at you for just attending Championship games but what can you do.

Them season tickets for the league games sound like a good idea. How much are they and do they cover away games too?

you only get accused of that on orchard county illdecide... because your not fully supporting the "legends"

your prob right son. It's good to have you back on the board ;) Does your woman know? ;D

i'm only dropping in every now and again. and i'm using fuckin dial up internet in work so its slow as feck. the woman doesnt know so dont be telling her when your in seeing her next ;)

winsam if you find the NFL spreads give me a shout...

mackers

I like the look of corn's team except that he has Gareth O'Neill at FF instead of Clarke??? I haven't heard of him being injured. Real1995, I've Stevie play CHF for Killeavy and he played well there but we need his scoring threat closer to the goals. Bit worried about Sunday as I've heard reports from the Louth challenge game and it was a good tanking, we continued to struggle in midfield with McGrane badly off the pace.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Uladh

Talking to a fella this morning who might have a better stab than the rest of us at a team and he guessed that the following may not be far away:

McKinney
McNulty
Donaghy
Morirty
Duffy
'Rourke
Shannon
O'Neill
McGrane
O'Rourke
Mallon
Loughran g
Stevie
Clarke
McKeever

Hank Everlast

That wudnt be too bad, mccoy in rather than mcnulty tho.... and i think quinn is most likely to play chb if aidan is not fit

pintsofguinness

QuoteLads i know you have to be optimistic but in my opinion there are some player named here that just wouldn't cut it. The likes of Mc nulty and the older members of the squad can be given a bye ball because we know that they willl come good because they are tried and tested. Even though some of them may be struggling at present they will be there come summer. But there are other guys there who have done nothing at club level or any other level but suddenly have appeared in our top lists of players in the county. I am not naming any names specifically because then it will look like personal attacks and vedeta's but i am simply saying that some of the guys on this panel are in no way worthy of a place on a county squad, unless stevie wonder was picking the team then thay would be another story..

agree but the sad thing is I'm not sure there's anyone else. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

AFS

Would love to know why so many people have Donaghy at full back? He has the look of a good footballer but i feel his future lies around the middle. Everytime i've seen him at full back (seniors v Derry, u-21 v Cork!, u-21 v Monaghan) he got well beaten by his man. I think a lot a people have been fooled by his great display against Donegal when he was named at full back but played around midfield.

gander

If francie isn't available I'd like to see Ciaran Toner in Full Back

Hank Everlast

Is toner fully fit? i thot he had been away for a while and so wouldnt have been training.

gander

Not talking about this sunday, more for later on down the line.  I'd have Moriarty in FB on sunday.

illdecide

Quote from: gander on January 31, 2008, 09:55:18 AM
Not talking about this sunday, more for later on down the line.  I'd have Moriarty in FB on sunday.

I noticed most of you have Moriarty in your team selection but are we talking about the same guy who couldn't get near big Joe's teams and the same guy that some of you said months ago that while watching games involving the Tones you wouldn't have noticed he was a county man by his displays ???

don't get me wrong i love to see guys from North Armagh on the team and if he has improved that much then he deserves his place but i can't see how you can be a pretty average second division player 6 months ago and now a regular on the county team ???
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

gander

I've never seen him for the Tones so I wouldn't know.  Always thought he was a decent player, thought he was very good against Muldoon earlier in the year. Plus McNulty is far too slow for full back

altovito

am not runnin the player down but i think the blues man is rite.although an average player nt up to county standard.anygames he played in div2 last year he looked average. nothing more nothing less.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: gander on January 31, 2008, 11:42:10 AM
I've never seen him for the Tones so I wouldn't know.  Always thought he was a decent player, thought he was very good against Muldoon earlier in the year. Plus McNulty is far too slow for full back

He got roasted v Muldoon!!!!!!  :-\

Had a better day v St Marys!

gander

How did he get roasted?  Muldoon only got two points, both from frees.  Moriarty won the majority of balls he went for.

Hank Everlast

he wasnt roasted but muldoon did get the better of him and got on the ball far more than he shold have. His experience at that level probably told. 
A few people dont seem to think he is up to it but who are the alternatives?!?!