Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

It's a tad ironic when Monaghan go to lowly div 4 Leitrim, they will be playing in a modern tidy stadium by GAA standards, built after great efforts by local GAA  and Range Rover Kildare have Newbridge and are now occupying the place of the downtrodden, the proletariat of the GAA world. Nevertheless I support Kildare 100% to play the game at home as the rules of the competition dictate, and 'as the competition rules' dictate is the germane phrase.
It is quite astounding that the association thinks they can play loose and fancy with the rules of the competition, obviously blinded by lure rather than competition.

highorlow

Wherever this game is played now the good is gone from it.

Sad days indeed for our national sports.

Rugby World Cup next year for me.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Redhand Santa

Quote from: highorlow on June 27, 2018, 01:13:01 AM
Wherever this game is played now the good is gone from it.

Sad days indeed for our national sports.

Rugby World Cup next year for me.

That last comment is bizarre from the point of view it is so far removed from what is being discussed. Never mind the fact that rugby in this country is so money orientated and removed from the grass roots with total focus on four professional teams.

Leinster regularly move games from their home venue to generate extra money and allow more people to see their games.

Hound

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 26, 2018, 08:45:13 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 26, 2018, 08:34:01 PM
Quote from: Hound on June 26, 2018, 07:57:34 PM
Quote from: thebar on June 26, 2018, 07:37:15 PM
At the same time nothing. Kildare were drew out first and therefore have home advantage as the rules state. If the GAA had an issue with the Kildare county ground regarding holding matches they should have made it known long prior to now.
Yep, if it was Kildare v Leitrim, the game would be on in Newbridge, no questions asked. The GAA were giving Mayo an advantage because they are so well supported. Similar to the Wicklow v any other Leinster team bar the Dubs would have gone ahead in Aughrim.

This should all be set out by the GAA prior to the draw, instead of hoping for the best. Likewise the super 8 should be set in stone.

''Hoping for the best'' done the trick up to now! But counties are getting fed up of being second class citizens to the Chosen Dubs. Super 8 has been put in place to accommodate bored Dublin supporters and their media.

The word obsession comes to mind
The Bunker's a gas man. His first good few posts on this thread were all about blaming Sky. That turned out to be nonsense, so he switched his attention to the Dubs!

mup

Quote from: Therealdonald on June 27, 2018, 12:56:13 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 27, 2018, 12:01:12 AM
Quote from: Therealdonald on June 26, 2018, 11:55:06 PM
I hope the GAA don't back down. It's ridiculous that Kildare are trying to dictate where or when a match is played. Kildare have played in CP more than enough times. It is no disadvantage to them. Complete BS this whole thing is.

On a side note, is Cian O'Neill not a fully fledged GAA paid coach?
You have it arseways Donald. Rules states first team out of the bowl are at home and Kildare are rightly looking for the set rules to stick. CP are the ones doing the dictating.

Boys seriously what advantage is to be gained from playing it in Newbridge as opposed to CP? Someone said earlier it's just Cian O'Neill saving his job for next year. For me I hope they move it to Newbridge and Kildare get slaughtered. We talk about players having it too easy now etc. The tail is wagging the dog.

Before anyone starts, I know what the rules were, but Christ of almighty, we're not talking about playing the game in some sheep grazed field with the boundaries marked out with barbed wire. Its the best stadium in Ireland. If you can't win there then why bother playing?

Frankly we don't care what you hope or don't hope.

highorlow

I'll spend me money on the RWC next year.

No integrity left in our games anymore at inter county level.

This fiasco is about €'s, not the sport. At least rugby is a bit transparent on the money side of things.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

mup

Quote from: Main Street on June 27, 2018, 01:12:27 AM
It's a tad ironic when Monaghan go to lowly div 4 Leitrim, they will be playing in a modern tidy stadium by GAA standards, built after great efforts by local GAA  and Range Rover Kildare have Newbridge and are now occupying the place of the downtrodden, the proletariat of the GAA world. Nevertheless I support Kildare 100% to play the game at home as the rules of the competition dictate, and 'as the competition rules' dictate is the germane phrase.
It is quite astounding that the association thinks they can play loose and fancy with the rules of the competition, obviously blinded by lure rather than competition.

You do of course.  After the sly dig.  ::)

Tubberman

it's Wedneday morning now - this would want to come to a conclusion one or the way other very soon.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

ardtole

Is there a provision for putting it back to Sunday.

RedHand88

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 26, 2018, 11:48:27 PM
Quote from: SouthDublinBro on June 26, 2018, 06:43:15 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 26, 2018, 05:51:44 PM
You have to realise that it is hard for Dublin supporters to understand Kildares situation. To be fair it's hard for Dublin to understand any situation! They never have any situation outside their norm. There have been a few token gesture games outside of Croke Park in the Leinster Championship. And in nearly all these cases the venue has been neutral. They are in their comfort zone Croke Park Bubble from one year to the next, picking off teams that come to visit over the summer.

The vast majority of Dublin GAA fans are backing Kildare over this. It seems that besides the big wigs at HQ that the only ones who want Kildare to step into line on this matter are a lot of Mayo fans who are acting like every Mayo man who wants to attend has a divine right to a match ticket.

Wasn't that one of the big selling points with the season ticket though??

Under Lights

Quote from: Tubberman on June 27, 2018, 07:59:18 AM
it's Wedneday morning now - this would want to come to a conclusion one or the way other very soon.

What do you mean?

The conculsion has already been made, both parties, Kildare and the GAA, have made their position clear.

trailer

Kildare have painted themselves into a corner and cannot back down. What could change things is a player revolt. If they come out and say they'll play in CP. Cian O'Neill would be nothing more than a zombie manager at that stage.
The best result Kildare can hope for is that Mayo are given a walk over. They're a beaten docket regardless if the game goes ahead in Newbridge or not.

spuds

Quote from: highorlow on June 27, 2018, 07:55:04 AM
I'll spend me money on the RWC next year.

No integrity left in our games anymore at inter county level.

This fiasco is about €'s, not the sport. At least rugby is a bit transparent on the money side of things.

Enjoy your Saffas, Kiwis etc in the team of us.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Farrandeelin

Quote from: ardtole on June 27, 2018, 08:01:59 AM
Is there a provision for putting it back to Sunday.

Round of Junior championship games in Mayo on Sunday.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.