Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 30, 2020, 12:25:18 PM
If its with certain members of a team that team and those associated with it should isolate for sure, if said individuals have not been with another team within the club then no reason to not 'crack on' .

We are going to get cases for the next 2/3 years its how we manage the situation to lessen the transmission is the way forward..

Otherwise we may just close the pitches down and wait on a vaccine, how ever long that will be and whether it works or not

Yeah that is it in a nutshell

MoChara

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 30, 2020, 11:57:49 AM
Quote from: MoChara on September 30, 2020, 11:09:56 AM
A case reported from someone in the Lurig Bar on saturday night could upset things as well

A heap of cases in Ballycastle and Loughiel and my nephew was telling me that there's a few in Glenravel.

5 positives in Glenarrife that are known about just from this morning as well.

Na Glinntí Glasa

yeah theres been a few cases in our area as well. Its mostly coming from younger ones passing it onto each other in social circles which was always going to happen now with so much opened up now.

Its a good time to pull the plug on things now.
hurl like f**k boi!

NAG1

Quote from: MoChara on September 30, 2020, 03:07:56 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on September 30, 2020, 11:57:49 AM
Quote from: MoChara on September 30, 2020, 11:09:56 AM
A case reported from someone in the Lurig Bar on saturday night could upset things as well

A heap of cases in Ballycastle and Loughiel and my nephew was telling me that there's a few in Glenravel.

5 positives in Glenarrife that are known about just from this morning as well.

I get what MR2 is saying, but realistically what are we playing competition wise at the moment?
Are we not lucky to have had the season we had and would it not be an idea to say wrap it up for the year and come back in the new year and go again.

Fair enough let the county lads go ahead and form a new bubble for the next couple of months and hopefully get the county season played out as well. With all the precautions that go with that.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 30, 2020, 03:45:24 PM
yeah theres been a few cases in our area as well. Its mostly coming from younger ones passing it onto each other in social circles which was always going to happen now with so much opened up now.

Its a good time to pull the plug on things now.

So if it's always going to happen playing games will increase it? Look I'm all for safety and yes the big teams have played their summer and the reality is championship is only show in town , never any bragging rights go with the league.

This is purely (I believe) to give lads a run out to get a few games they wouldn't have got as they may not have been first team or fringe players games.. if it's unrealistic or unsafe then don't bother.

But safe enough to whack them all in the pub!  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

From what I can gather, the aftermath of recent championship wins or defeats are part of the problem in the areas mentioned. Clearly school etc has played a part also. 

imtommygunn

Yeah our county not alone in this either. Heard of a big one in down.

Pub only allows people from two families at a table...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 30, 2020, 08:06:54 PM

Do they f**k ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 30, 2020, 08:37:56 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 30, 2020, 08:06:54 PM

Do they f**k ;D

;D Them's the rules though highly unlikely they're adhered to mind you lol.

delgany

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 30, 2020, 07:36:05 PM
From what I can gather, the aftermath of recent championship wins or defeats are part of the problem in the areas mentioned. Clearly school etc has played a part also.

A bit of correlation between championship final wins ,/ loses in East down and North down. Some cases in North Antrim, as mentioned, related to matches a possibility?

paddyjohn

Quote from: delgany on September 30, 2020, 08:51:46 PM

A bit of correlation between championship final wins ,/ loses in East down and North down. Some cases in North Antrim, as mentioned, related to matches a possibility?

RUMOUR is that a lad from Loughiel was positive and didn't know and went to celebrate with the team who won the championship and it was passed on to the players and then he went to work and by the time he tested positive it was all over Ballycastle also. One of the Loughiel girls goes with a lad from Waterfoot and that was a knock on effect. A few Glenravel players went to Ballycastle on Saturday and the whole minor set up has been tested now. St Killians College has been shut for the next 2 days for a deep clean.

I know we can't control players outside the pitch but it kinda shines a bit of unwanted attention to the clubs from some circles.

imtommygunn

Lot of stories round Saul in down too. It'll be interesting what happens in Dungannon.

paddyjohn

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 30, 2020, 09:42:55 PM
Lot of stories round Saul in down too. It'll be interesting what happens in Dungannon.

It'll be blamed on the meat plant

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 30, 2020, 09:10:19 PM
Quote from: delgany on September 30, 2020, 08:51:46 PM

RUMOUR is that a lad from Loughiel was positive and didn't know and went to celebrate with the team who won the championship and it was passed on to the players and then he went to work and by the time he tested positive it was all over Ballycastle also. One of the Loughiel girls goes with a lad from Waterfoot and that was a knock on effect. A few Glenravel players went to Ballycastle on Saturday and the whole minor set up has been tested now. St Killians College has been shut for the next 2 days for a deep clean.

I know we can't control players outside the pitch but it kinda shines a bit of unwanted attention to the clubs from some circles.

young lad didn't know he was positive. went out the Sunday after the camogie and it got passed on to some of the other ones. I was at the same bar that night in Loughgiel and had a real sweat on waiting to see if some of the folk id been chatting to were positive from their tests. Thankfully they weren't and its been nearly 2 weeks since that time and ive been staying away from as many people as i could just to make sure.

Its passing around the young folk like wild fire now, which was to be expected, so the fact we got our seasons all over and finished was a bonus.
hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

At the club meeting the other night there we decided against playing in the football and hurling league this year.

Once the minor camogie is finished the club facilities (pitches, 4G pitch) will be shut down till next year.
hurl like f**k boi!