The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fr Ted

2 bad defeats against Arsenal, 1st in the FA Cup, ok it wasn't the best performance of the season but certainly not the worst either, Arsenal had 3 shots on goal & scored all 3, last night Arsenal had 7 i think and scored 6.

For me jerzey looks like a keeper well short of match practise and confidence, always will be remembered fondly by all reds fans for his role in Istanbul but for me it's time to show him the door along with Crouch, Aurellio, Warnock, Gonzalez, Zenden and Kewell, none of which are good enough for a club like Liverpool

I'm still firmly behind Rafa in what he is trying to do at the club, with a limited budget for players, he has to go for possibly 2nd & 3rd choice transfer targets, this postion will not change unless there is an influx of cash into the club

For all those calling for Rafa's head, what manager available would be better, Look at mourino, has a limitless amount of money available, but at the minute he appears to be struggling

forkinknife

Quote from: Fr Ted on January 10, 2007, 11:56:19 AM
Look at mourino, has a limitless amount of money available, but at the minute he appears to be struggling

Media nonsense. He's 2nd in the league. Still in both cups. Topped European group. When was the last time they lost? Don't kid yourself.

GalwayBayBoy

Bad night last night although Im not too bothered about the Carling Cup. Getting a CL place is far more important in order to keep in touch with the top teams. At least we're still ahead of Arsenal in the league and it wouldn't surprise me if we were still ahead of them at the end of the season. Think we have to give Rafa an oppertunity to spend some of the investment money in the Summer.

On the two games with Arsenal it just showed that our squad isn't deep enough. Dudek and Fowler are finished. Our local youngsters aren't up to the standard of all the foreign youngsters Arsenal poach from clubs unfortunately. Reina I feel would have saved at least 5 of the 9 goals we conceded over the two games. That's how bad Jerzy was. Virtually anything Arsenal got on target ended up in the net.

Rafa is going to have to get too grips with playing the big teams though. Even Houllier managed regular wins against the likes of Man U and Arsenal. It seems it's beyond Rafa at the moment.

SuperSub

Have Liverpool any chance against Barca? If the crowd get behind them like at the Chelsea semi final maybe?

Rossie11

After the past few days I fear for Pool V barca.
Gunners are nearest thing to Barca the premiership have as regards pace/passing/movement
Gunners have now smashed in 12 in 3 games against Pool.

If they defend like that against Eto'o it will be a massacre and will be over after 1st leg..

J70

Quote from: Rossie11 on January 10, 2007, 01:06:17 PM
After the past few days I fear for Pool V barca.
Gunners are nearest thing to Barca the premiership have as regards pace/passing/movement
Gunners have now smashed in 12 in 3 games against Pool.

If they defend like that against Eto'o it will be a massacre and will be over after 1st leg..

I was thinking the same myself. If Liverpool go a goal or two behind, it will be a massacre. The only chance they have is to grind out a 0-0 in the Nou Camp and produce something like they did against Juventus two years ago at Anfield (Barca are quite a bit ahead of Juve though) and then try to close it out.

bingobus

It will be a hell of an ask to beat Barca but they haven't been as fluent as lats year. Can blow a team away for 60 mins and then sleep for half an hour. There midfeild and back four can get attached and that can be their undoing.

Rafa and his Spanish knowledge should give some (once he doesn't decide to rest his players for pre-season  ;)

Would go with 4 -5 -1 away with Momo back in middle with Alonso and Gerrard. Bellamy up front to use his pace. With Pennat and Zenden (all thats left) on teh right. Tight disciplined show with ball retention the key. (Carra Agger Riise and Finnan at back with Dudek in Liverpool and Pepe in goals).

Nick a 2-1 in Anfield and roll on the quarters.

brokencrossbar1

If that wee shit Garcia was fit I would play him insteand of Ballsup Bolo.  Also I think for the away tie Kuyt would be the one to start on his own as he is very hard working and smarter than Bellamy.  When he tires put Bellamy on to run behind a tiring defence and matbe nick a goal.

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteIf that wee shit Garcia was fit I would play him insteand of Ballsup Bolo.

there ya go again - BC - criticising Garcia - what happened the last time you did that? Went out and scored 2 goals the next game.

Roll on Watford on Saturday

Mayo4Sam

United fans have short memories, 10 years ago they lost to southampton 6-3 and still won the league, losing a carling cup match isn't the end of the world, 3 weeks ago we were flying!
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

bingobus

I'd play Zenden as he not loss the ball as often as Garcia dn would offer more protection. Both players are ex-Barca so should be keen to play, if fit.

I do think he'll play Kuyt but think Bellamy is more pacier and able to play on his own better. Kuyt would work his socks off but I'd like to see Bellamy exploit Puyols and Marquez lack of pace.

full back

Doubt if Garcia will be scoring 2 on Saturday-was he stretchered off last night?

Gabriel_Hurl

AZOffaly

Gabriel_Hurl

Ah Christ - i turned it off after 60 mins