Reaching For Glory

Started by An Gaeilgoir, May 28, 2007, 10:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mentalman

Quote from: Uladh on May 30, 2007, 12:39:36 PM
Quote from: Mentalman on May 29, 2007, 07:04:07 PM
Thought ROG looked genuinely disgusted with Geordan's missed tackle against France, looked like he wanted to say more, like "f**king tosser".

ROG has some neck on him, given the number of try costing tackles he has missed for ireland and munster. he did well to keep his gup shut because there is gonna some amount of runners hitting the 10 channel against ireland in france later this year. That said, that incident summed up perfectly why Murphy can't start.

Quote from: Mentalman on May 29, 2007, 07:04:07 PM
these are at the end of the day men of flesh and blood, not cool headed professional athletes

eh, they well enough paid for us to expect them to be just that.

Agreed on the ROG front, probably why he bit his tongue, but he has improved of late, I suppose it was not before time.

As for how much they get paid, I don't have the first idea, and I contribute very little to it in any event. I think playing for your country, be it professionally or not in any sport, is always different than what is experienced for club or province, it's another level. Reminds me of an uncle of mine who constantly shouts at the TV during soccer matches "He gets paid to do that do, if I was so bad at my job I'd be sacked!" :)
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Uladh

The point is you said they are not cool headed professionals when that is exactly what they are supposed to be.

mooncatiii

shoulder to shoulder
to answer Irelands call
shazam

Gnevin

Thought i was very weak didnt really do anything in depth .A season of Sundays and the Dubs thing where both miles better
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Gnevin on May 30, 2007, 02:23:12 PM
Thought i was very weak didnt really do anything in depth .A season of Sundays and the Dubs thing where both miles better

Thought it was much better than both of those but I didn't think much of either of the above to be honest.