Foxcommander

Started by Eamonnca1, October 06, 2017, 12:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

There's a list as long as my arm of rules that he's broken, (feuding and personal abuse being the most obvious) but I think Rule 8 is the most interesting:

Quote8. Joining up to cause trouble, or to annoy people.
   Occasionally, some people join the board simply to post something abusive, or to 'flame' the board. These people are generally easy to spot (see the F365 invasion last
   year) and have no real interest in the GAA Board. Also some people, who have been banned permanently, rejoin under different usernames and continue with the
   behaviour that led to the ban. By tracking IPs, behaviour and other items, we can sometimes tell this fairly easily, and these users will be banned again.

Penalty - Immediate Permanent Ban

I've been reporting his racist and abusive tirades to the moderators but a quick check on his profile shows that he has made zero GAA-related contributions all year. With over 2,000 posts to his name, only 58 are on the GAA section. A nausea-inducing trace through his posting history reveals a sustained campaign of racism, far right extremism, and hate-filled name-calling and insults directed against other contributors to this board seemingly for the sole purpose of causing the maximum offense.   

He's obviously not here to talk about the finer points of GAA promotion or the sweeper system.

This sounds to me like fitting the description of "joining the board simply to post something abusive, or to 'flame' the board." I move that Rule 8 be invoked and a permanent ban put in place. All in favour say 'aye.'

under the bar

It's all the fault of the Judean People's Front!!

StGallsGAA

Should Eamonnca1 and Foxcommander not just get a room together?

trileacman

A very petty and small-minded action Eamonnca1 to be honest with you.

Couple of options you could have considered before starting a crusade to ban a poster you dislike/disagree with:
1. Engage in debate with him and best him that way.
2. There's an ignore function on the board you could use. Fierce useful. I haven't read Seafoid's inane ramblings in years.
3. Leave the board if he annoys you so much.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

trileacman

Quote from: StGallsGAA on October 06, 2017, 12:18:06 AM
Should Eamonnca1 and Foxcommander not just get a room together?

Be careful Eamonnca1 could report you for that homophobic comment.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Eamonnca1

Quote from: trileacman on October 06, 2017, 01:22:21 AM

Couple of options you could have considered before starting a crusade to ban a poster you dislike/disagree with:
2. There's an ignore function on the board you could use. Fierce useful. I haven't read Seafoid's inane ramblings in years.

"To be honest" 1 has already been tried. It's pointless. I'm using 2 and it has made my life a little better, but unfortunately people insist on quoting him and I still have to look at his rantings and ravings, so it's not that effective. 3 is not an option. He's the one breaking every rule in the book, he's the one with no interest in adding anything constructive, he's the one that should go. There should be no place for nazis here.

Syferus

You are either a fool or are Foxcommander's alt account.

Emmon, it's been clear to me for a long time Foxcommander belongs in the thriving ecosystem of accounts set up with the only purpose being to troll people. These can take the form of trolling a specific county (Roscommon, Mayo and Dublin having significant numbers of 'supporters' or accounts that otherwise are dedicated to posting controversial or insulting personalised nonsense) or in this case, generally trolling hot button current affairs issues. In most cases it's a good assumption to make that some of these accounts are run by those with more 'normal' accounts here. As the admin can see IP addresses this is information he can readily see and refuses to act upon.

The GAABoard creator is an absentee admin and has never shown a willingness to empower others by hiring moderators, instead only seemingly moved to act if it involves cases like Michaela Harte or that killer who Mickey Harte vouched for. The reason he acted in those topics and not others such as the Ched Evans or Paddy Jackson threads indicates it wasn't simply libellous material that was the concern. Read into what that says about who the moderator and where his priorities lie is as you will.

You only feed accounts like Foxcommander by responding to him - in the absence of an admin with any form of conscience, ignoring him is the only answer that works.

punt kick

Nail on head, the hypocrisy flows out of Eamonnca1's arse, this is an individual who classified kids enjoying christmas at their own house as spoilt wee b**tards  because they had the audacity to play with their toys, a horrible individual who when he can't debate runs to the mods, no wonder he left Lurgan he was probably an informer.

Rossfan

Quote from: punt kick on October 06, 2017, 08:18:41 AM

Nail on head, the hypocrisy flows out of Eamonnca1's arse, this is an individual who classified kids enjoying christmas at their own house as spoilt wee b**tards  because they had the audacity to play with their toys, a horrible individual who when he can't debate runs to the mods, no wonder he left Lurgan he was probably an informer.

Disgraceful post.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

stephenite

It's an online discussion forum, complete with an ignore function and everything.

Suggestion for both Syrefus and Emaonnica - if you think you could make a better fist of running a free online forum in your spare time, off with ye.

If ye can't bothered with the hassle, sit down and shut the f**k up.

Tubberman

Quote from: stephenite on October 06, 2017, 10:59:14 AM
It's an online discussion forum, complete with an ignore function and everything.

Suggestion for both Syrefus and Emaonnica - if you think you could make a better fist of running a free online forum in your spare time, off with ye.

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Rudi

+1. I ignore Syphilis.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Rossfan on October 06, 2017, 10:46:13 AM
Quote from: punt kick on October 06, 2017, 08:18:41 AM

Disgraceful post.

I agree, pretty disgraceful stuff.

I don't agree with EamonnCA1's original post though. Just use the ignore function.

punt kick

Quote from: Tubberman on October 06, 2017, 11:07:37 AM

+1 Eamonnca1 wants somewhere where he can spit vile unchallenged shite and if anyone pulls him up he runs to mods. I stand by my post, and for those of you in disgust maybe you should look at some of Eamonnca1's posts or other regular contributors on this board, for all the chic liberal shite on here, there hides fundamental prejudices.

Syferus

I have already, in fact I've ran or been involved in more than a few. I can tell you from experience that it is a very easy job to do better than the admin of GAABoard.

This is just a bog standard pre-built forum so I really don't know what you think is actually hard or time consuming because there is literally nothing that is. I genuinely could make a far better forum technically speaking in about one hour if I'm being honest, this one is particularly out-dated.

The admin here can't be bothered to put in even the most basic of efforts to police obvious trolls and yet there are actually people foolish enough to think they're doing something hard or note-worthy. They are not.