Van attack in Barcelona

Started by omagh_gael, August 17, 2017, 04:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Iceman

Quote from: LCohen on August 18, 2017, 02:55:01 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on August 18, 2017, 02:03:18 PM
you can't prepare or defeat gorilla warfare...the Irish know this better than most. It is a long strategy, a grueling strategy, one that pits sheer force of will and belief in a cause against a mammoth force and takes small bites of it over and over again...
they've coupled this with population, numbers. no abortions, no euthanasia, average of 3-5 children per household against countries like Belgium where couples have 1.3 children, abortions and euthanasia. 15 or 20 years down the line muslims are the majority....with more countries to follow?

Today there are dissident republicans in Ireland..I know who the ones are in my own town and I haven't lived there for 10-12 years. You know who the ones are in your town but you would never give them up even if you disagree with what they are doing? I can't see muslims giving up ISIS or radicals - I can't.

I don't know how to stop it or how to slow it but I believe its coming

Yes those gorillas. Dangerous beasties in a conflict scenario

There certainly are parallels with Ireland. When a half wit convinces themselves they are right some element will convince themselves that any step is justified. No difference between indiscriminate bombing and indiscriminate bombing. The objective of both is to terrorise the many and heyho some might die along the way

Anybody who looks to ancient texts for their life guidance might just end up taking the whole thing seriously. Then we are all in trouble. Society's enforced respect for religion and reluctance to examine the texts and current beliefs doesn't help.

Ring the police re those dissos.
pardon my spelling mistakes! feck of AZ! ha

guerilla war fare aside - the numbers game will beat us all in the end...the van attacks, the bombings they just speed it up a day or two.....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Franko on August 18, 2017, 02:53:11 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 18, 2017, 12:42:38 PM
Quote from: Franko on August 18, 2017, 10:31:31 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 18, 2017, 09:13:46 AM
Quote from: Franko on August 18, 2017, 08:17:45 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 18, 2017, 07:42:38 AM
Quote from: Syferus on August 18, 2017, 12:06:40 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 17, 2017, 11:55:13 PM
Sure why not just have fecking 30 foot railings the whole way round each city...

Remember living in Belfast and if you happened to be caught out when the gates closed at 11 you had to climb them to get home!

Shit way to live

Yeah, a barrier that could save a lot of lives is a shit way to live alright. There are plenty of barriers that can prevent most vehicles but not impede pedestrians in any way.

If Ireland doesn't take heed of these warning signs all over Europe we deserve what we get.

You honestly think a 30 foot barrier will save lives?? Flipping numpty! They'll change method to something else and continue on doing what they do.... terrorise

Why do you keep talking about a 30 foot barrier????  A row of bollards is all that's needed.

Ok a row of bollards, that will stop a person wanting to set off a bomb or shoot people or stab people?

No, but they could stop these attacks with cars. 

Ie, the type of attack that has been most common recently and the type of attack that this thread is specifically discussing.

A 30 foot barrier wouldn't stop someone wanting to bomb, shoot or stab people either.

If you read my post again I was joking about the 30 foot barrier!! Lived through as you have and did nothing to prevent bombs or shootings in Belfast...

intelligence is only way they will stop these attacks or at the very least minimize them

Yes, it was hilarious.

Disagree wrt intelligence.  The only way to stop this is playing the long game of winning over hearts and minds.  What intelligence is to be gained on a lone wolf who hires/buys a car and drives it into people?  How would you prove that a random would-be terrorist was planning one of these attacks?  Because he's a muslim with a car??

Properly placed and discreet barriers to vehicle access in heavily pedestrianised areas of main city centres would definitely help.  At the very least it would make it difficult for the lunatic in a hire car.  Stopping someone who wants to get a gun/make a bomb is a completely different problem, and one where you can at least catch and convict someone of something BEFORE they actually carry out their attack.

So its random? they don't work in cells small groups feeding of information from higher groups within these organisations? The police randomly killed a cell just outside Cambrills then too ?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

LCohen

Quote from: The Iceman on August 18, 2017, 02:58:16 PM
Quote from: LCohen on August 18, 2017, 02:55:01 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on August 18, 2017, 02:03:18 PM
you can't prepare or defeat gorilla warfare...the Irish know this better than most. It is a long strategy, a grueling strategy, one that pits sheer force of will and belief in a cause against a mammoth force and takes small bites of it over and over again...
they've coupled this with population, numbers. no abortions, no euthanasia, average of 3-5 children per household against countries like Belgium where couples have 1.3 children, abortions and euthanasia. 15 or 20 years down the line muslims are the majority....with more countries to follow?

Today there are dissident republicans in Ireland..I know who the ones are in my own town and I haven't lived there for 10-12 years. You know who the ones are in your town but you would never give them up even if you disagree with what they are doing? I can't see muslims giving up ISIS or radicals - I can't.

I don't know how to stop it or how to slow it but I believe its coming

Yes those gorillas. Dangerous beasties in a conflict scenario

There certainly are parallels with Ireland. When a half wit convinces themselves they are right some element will convince themselves that any step is justified. No difference between indiscriminate bombing and indiscriminate bombing. The objective of both is to terrorise the many and heyho some might die along the way

Anybody who looks to ancient texts for their life guidance might just end up taking the whole thing seriously. Then we are all in trouble. Society's enforced respect for religion and reluctance to examine the texts and current beliefs doesn't help.

Ring the police re those dissos.
pardon my spelling mistakes! feck of AZ! ha

guerilla war fare aside - the numbers game will beat us all in the end...the van attacks, the bombings they just speed it up a day or two.....

To clarify

Who is the "us" whose days are numbered?

What is the "it" that you believe is coming?

Milltown Row2

us being Christians I think he's on about and Muslim domination being it?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

LCohen

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 18, 2017, 03:00:34 PM
Quote from: Franko on August 18, 2017, 02:53:11 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 18, 2017, 12:42:38 PM
Quote from: Franko on August 18, 2017, 10:31:31 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 18, 2017, 09:13:46 AM
Quote from: Franko on August 18, 2017, 08:17:45 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 18, 2017, 07:42:38 AM
Quote from: Syferus on August 18, 2017, 12:06:40 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 17, 2017, 11:55:13 PM
Sure why not just have fecking 30 foot railings the whole way round each city...

Remember living in Belfast and if you happened to be caught out when the gates closed at 11 you had to climb them to get home!

Shit way to live

Yeah, a barrier that could save a lot of lives is a shit way to live alright. There are plenty of barriers that can prevent most vehicles but not impede pedestrians in any way.

If Ireland doesn't take heed of these warning signs all over Europe we deserve what we get.

You honestly think a 30 foot barrier will save lives?? Flipping numpty! They'll change method to something else and continue on doing what they do.... terrorise

Why do you keep talking about a 30 foot barrier????  A row of bollards is all that's needed.

Ok a row of bollards, that will stop a person wanting to set off a bomb or shoot people or stab people?

No, but they could stop these attacks with cars. 

Ie, the type of attack that has been most common recently and the type of attack that this thread is specifically discussing.

A 30 foot barrier wouldn't stop someone wanting to bomb, shoot or stab people either.

If you read my post again I was joking about the 30 foot barrier!! Lived through as you have and did nothing to prevent bombs or shootings in Belfast...

intelligence is only way they will stop these attacks or at the very least minimize them

Yes, it was hilarious.

Disagree wrt intelligence.  The only way to stop this is playing the long game of winning over hearts and minds.  What intelligence is to be gained on a lone wolf who hires/buys a car and drives it into people?  How would you prove that a random would-be terrorist was planning one of these attacks?  Because he's a muslim with a car??

Properly placed and discreet barriers to vehicle access in heavily pedestrianised areas of main city centres would definitely help.  At the very least it would make it difficult for the lunatic in a hire car.  Stopping someone who wants to get a gun/make a bomb is a completely different problem, and one where you can at least catch and convict someone of something BEFORE they actually carry out their attack.

So its random? they don't work in cells small groups feeding of information from higher groups within these organisations? The police randomly killed a cell just outside Cambrills then too ?

Cells still exist. Counter intelligence can work against command and control structures.

But the kingpins call for lone wolf low tech attacks. Very difficult to stop these via intelligence

Syferus

Probably the most ridiculous thing said in this thread (and that's saying something) was Iceman even suggesting a major European countries would have a Muslim majority in 15-20 years. They won't have one in 1500-2000 years, let alone two decades. Belgium, the example he used, has a Muslim population of 5% as of 2009. To put that into perspective, there are six over times that number of people in Belgium who have no religion at all. If you want to talk about a religious grouping that will become a majority in the years ahead, that's the one to be looking at.

Fear mongering at it's most frothing and senseless.

Gabriel_Hurl

Milltown Row2

There was 5 killed and 2 arrested lately, the 5 killed had fake bomb belts on that's 7 lone wolf's just hanging around the same place?

yes you'll get the crack pot, who's probably not even linked to any organisation and that is impossible to stop, bollards barriers and police manpower but in most cases this is not random, well picked populated cities with a group involved, money, fake ID,  and other means to buy/rent vans/cars for these.. well supported radicalised people...

I believe the ones killed were very young late teens early 20's, easy to manipulate

LCohen

Quote from: Syferus on August 18, 2017, 03:09:28 PM
Probably the most ridiculous thing said in this thread (and that's saying something) was Iceman even suggesting a major European countries would have a Muslim majority in 15-20 years. They won't have one in 1500-2000 years, let alone two decades. Belgium, the example he used, has a Muslim population of 5% as of 2009. To put that into perspective, there are six over times that number of people in Belgium who have no religion at all. If you want to talk about a religious grouping that will become a majority in the years ahead, that's the one to be looking at.

Fear mongering at it's most frothing and senseless.

Surely the most ridiculous thing was when that same Iceman used euthanasia in his line of argument. Demented

LCohen

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 18, 2017, 03:14:52 PM
There was 5 killed and 2 arrested lately, the 5 killed had fake bomb belts on that's 7 lone wolf's just hanging around the same place?

yes you'll get the crack pot, who's probably not even linked to any organisation and that is impossible to stop, bollards barriers and police manpower but in most cases this is not random, well picked populated cities with a group involved, money, fake ID,  and other means to buy/rent vans/cars for these.. well supported radicalised people...

I believe the ones killed were very young late teens early 20's, easy to manipulate

I'm not saying the Spanish attacks are lone wolves.

The Iceman

1. The capital of Belgium is the jihadist capital of Europe. Islamic terrorist Salah Abdeslam fled to Brussels after attacking Paris. He was aided and embedded by Muslim locals. Belgian authorities caught Abdeslam over the weekend. Police believe the attack on Tuesday was a response to the arrest.

2. Belgium has the highest per capita of recruited fighters of any nation in Europe. Over 500 Muslims from Belgium have joined jihadist groups. Most come from Brussels.

3. Belgium-based Islamic extremism is highly concentrated in specific locales of Brussels, specifically, the Muslim-populated Molenbeek district. The small area contains 22 known mosques. Many of the Muslims that have joined jihad come from this district.

4. Parts of Brussels have been described as Muslim "no go zones." Molenbeek has attracted over 600 extremist imams since 1980. Many in the small district follow Sharia law and shun outsiders.

5. 70% of Brussel's population is foreign, namely immigrants Turkey, Morocco, and France. The multicultural nature of the city has prompted authorities to turn a blind eye to suspicious activity all in the service of "tolerance."

Your numbers come from 2008/9  - is that 6% still 6 %? Brussels was listed as 25% Muslim in 2008 also. What number is that now?
Muslims don't believe in abortion or euthenasia...white westerners do. It may seem insignificant but it all adds up it all compounds. 1.3 children is sustaining the population, 4 kids per muslim family doubles their population. So white europeans are going down at the rate of 50% and muslim population is increasing at a rate of 200% or more...I don't think it's far fetched to say Brussels will be a muslim majority very soon? Is belgium that far fetched either?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Milltown Row2

Quote from: LCohen on August 18, 2017, 03:19:08 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 18, 2017, 03:14:52 PM

I'm not saying the Spanish attacks are lone wolves.

I just don't buy the random out of the blue attacks by one person....

he's told by others so that's already  more than one, he's given money and ID to carry out a single person attack...

Paris and Manchester were well coordinated London seemed less but just cause its one person doesn't mean he's a lone wolf, one person carrying out the attack others organising it and some scouting or watching it from afar, the lone wolf works cause there is no escape plan required.. I still think gathering information, covert operations and use of informants will help...

No Universal change on international policies in the Middle East Africa and beyond will stop these lads unfortunately, well not in the immediate future, I haven't heard of one good foreign police yet to fix it

Syferus

Quote from: The Iceman on August 18, 2017, 03:28:43 PM

1. The capital of Belgium is the jihadist capital of Europe. Islamic terrorist Salah Abdeslam fled to Brussels after attacking Paris. He was aided and embedded by Muslim locals. Belgian authorities caught Abdeslam over the weekend. Police believe the attack on Tuesday was a response to the arrest.

2. Belgium has the highest per capita of recruited fighters of any nation in Europe. Over 500 Muslims from Belgium have joined jihadist groups. Most come from Brussels.

3. Belgium-based Islamic extremism is highly concentrated in specific locales of Brussels, specifically, the Muslim-populated Molenbeek district. The small area contains 22 known mosques. Many of the Muslims that have joined jihad come from this district.

4. Parts of Brussels have been described as Muslim "no go zones." Molenbeek has attracted over 600 extremist imams since 1980. Many in the small district follow Sharia law and shun outsiders.

5. 70% of Brussel's population is foreign, namely immigrants Turkey, Morocco, and France. The multicultural nature of the city has prompted authorities to turn a blind eye to suspicious activity all in the service of "tolerance."

Your numbers come from 2008/9  - is that 6% still 6 %? Brussels was listed as 25% Muslim in 2008 also. What number is that now?
Muslims don't believe in abortion or euthenasia...white westerners do. It may seem insignificant but it all adds up it all compounds. 1.3 children is sustaining the population, 4 kids per muslim family doubles their population. So white europeans are going down at the rate of 50% and muslim population is increasing at a rate of 200% or more...I don't think it's far fetched to say Brussels will be a muslim majority very soon? Is belgium that far fetched either?

5%. And it sounds very much like you're trying to grasp at straws when you got called out on your hyperbole.

If you think that the children of any religious grouping will be as religious as they are now in even 15-20 years, let alone the many millenniums and incredible turns of fortune it would take for such a small minority to become the majority in a western country, you don't see the direction the wind is blowing. Secularism is winning in the west, not Islam.

Milltown Row2

So if they do become Muslim is that a bad thing for you? will they all become jihadist ? strange

LCohen

Presumably you are quaking in your boots about what white Christian are doing with their current majority positions?