Hamas attack Israel & subsequent genocide

Started by bennydorano, October 07, 2023, 09:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on February 08, 2024, 04:33:52 PMEmpathy is a key word there and it's missing a lot in that country. I honestly cannot understand how a people who have been treated so horrifically want to inflict so much on another group.

And, there are Jewish people living all over the world who can see things as they are, but there is a massive chunk of the Israeli population who are so full of hate and would happily nuke Gaza.

It will never end and then when Trump comes in again it'll go off twice as bad.

Sorry, Trump may be a sc**bag but this wasn't happening as bad when he was president. Maybe Biden is worse than Trump or equally as bad? That's how I see it.

seafoid

Irisk basketball ladies refuse to shake hands with Israelis in pre match ritual today.
Well done to them.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/basketball/2024/0208/1431235-basketball-ireland-israel-eurobasket/
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Itchy

Quote from: seafoid on February 08, 2024, 06:22:38 PMIrisk basketball ladies refuse to shake hands with Israelis in pre match ritual today.
Well done to them.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/basketball/2024/0208/1431235-basketball-ireland-israel-eurobasket/

Weak effort. Shouldn't have played them. If afraid of sanction, should have just stood on the court and refused to play.

Captain Scarlet

Quote from: Itchy on February 08, 2024, 05:54:34 PM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on February 08, 2024, 04:33:52 PMEmpathy is a key word there and it's missing a lot in that country. I honestly cannot understand how a people who have been treated so horrifically want to inflict so much on another group.

And, there are Jewish people living all over the world who can see things as they are, but there is a massive chunk of the Israeli population who are so full of hate and would happily nuke Gaza.

Sorry, Trump may be a sc**bag but this wasn't happening as bad when he was president. Maybe Biden is worse than Trump or equally as bad? That's how I see it.

I am not a fan of any US President to be honest, but Biden is dealing with a demented regime in Israel now. That has to be noted.
But, Trump does tend to mind the local market first and could be just as happy to pull the plug on the cash flowing out...

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

seafoid

Quote from: Itchy on February 08, 2024, 06:35:48 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 08, 2024, 06:22:38 PMIrisk basketball ladies refuse to shake hands with Israelis in pre match ritual today.
Well done to them.

Weak effort. Shouldn't have played them. If afraid of sanction, should have just stood on the court and refused to play.
Not in the bigger scheme of things. They laid down an important marker. Other teams will follow.
Israel is never going to be treated as a normal country unless the occupation ends. 

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 29, 2024, 10:33:17 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 29, 2024, 10:31:35 PM
Quote from: burdizzo on January 29, 2024, 10:29:01 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 29, 2024, 09:28:00 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on January 29, 2024, 08:52:55 PMSo Israeli allegations of involvement by 10-12 UNRWA operators out of 30,000 (a list previously provided to and cleared by Israel) is sufficient smoke to cut out aid.

However genocidal statements and attendance at Settler conferences by Government Ministers is not sufficient indication of Israeli direction of travel.
The UNRWA budget is around $600m per annum. Countries (not Ireland) are suspending rather than cancelling. The Arabs can easily replace them but, if the US pulls out, it will be another case of it shooting itself in the foot in terms of Middle East credibility. Denying starving people food is not a good look.

Why don't the Arabs step up to the plate and replace them?
They will if the US etc cancel instead of suspend
Nobody in the media ever points out why 80% of the people in gaza are dependent on food aid. Israel destroyed the economy. Israel is the purest evil.

Isreal government? Or just all of Israel is the purest evil?

The government, the people who voted them in, the people chanting "death to the Arabs," the IDF, etc..

Itchy

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on February 08, 2024, 06:46:02 PM

I am not a fan of any US President to be honest, but Biden is dealing with a demented regime in Israel now. That has to be noted.
But, Trump does tend to mind the local market first and could be just as happy to pull the plug on the cash flowing out...

He has hugged the little Hitler, referred to him as his side and is selling him billions of weapons - many being used illegally. Biden is scum

seafoid

Quote from: Itchy on February 08, 2024, 07:39:34 PM

He has hugged the little Hitler, referred to him as his side and is selling him billions of weapons - many being used illegally. Biden is scum
So is Blinken.

ThomasMullan

Hamas didn't launch an attack like Oct 7th when Trump was president, giving Israel an excuse to ramp up its genocide.

The US embassy moved from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem in 2018 under Trump's watch, directly contravening international law and UN resolutions.

seafoid

Quote from: ThomasMullan on February 08, 2024, 07:59:35 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 08, 2024, 07:45:42 PM
Quote from: Itchy on February 08, 2024, 07:39:34 PM

So is Blinken.

You're deluded if you think Trump would have been any

Hamas didn't launch an attack like Oct 7th when Trump was president, giving Israel an excuse to ramp up its genocide.

The US embassy moved from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem in 2018 under Trump's watch, directly contravening international law and UN resolutions.

It is usually about timing. Saudi Arabia was about to sign an agreement recognising Israel and sidelining the Palestinian issue. This is why Hamas acted on Oct 7. They wanted to put Palestine back on the agenda by revealing the dark heart of Israel to the world. And they did it. Israel cannot stop itself. Hamas knew that.

ThomasMullan

QuoteIt is usually about timing. Saudi Arabia was about to sign an agreement recognising Israel and sidelining the Palestinian issue. This is why Hamas acted on Oct 7. They wanted to put Palestine back on the agenda by revealing the dark heart of Israel to the world. And they did it. Israel cannot stop itself. Hamas knew that.

If that was the plan I think they may have miscalculated just how far the Israelis would go as a reaction. It's obvious their plan is to completely destroy Gaza, making it uninhabitable.

SaffronSports

Quote from: seafoid on February 08, 2024, 07:06:20 PM
Quote from: Itchy on February 08, 2024, 06:35:48 PM
Well done to them.

Not in the bigger scheme of things. They laid down an important marker. Other teams will follow.
Israel is never going to be treated as a normal country unless the occupation ends. 

To be honest it's not as far as I'd like to have seen them go but I do understand why they had to suck it up and play the match. To be fair, they've went further than 99% of the worlds governments who say and do nothing or even actively support it.

Armagh18

Basketballers did something but proper order would have been to not show up.

Milltown Row2

I take it the footballers won't show up?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: ThomasMullan on February 08, 2024, 08:16:21 PM
QuoteIt is usually about timing. Saudi Arabia was about to sign an agreement recognising Israel and sidelining the Palestinian issue. This is why Hamas acted on Oct 7. They wanted to put Palestine back on the agenda by revealing the dark heart of Israel to the world. And they did it. Israel cannot stop itself. Hamas knew that.

If that was the plan I think they may have miscalculated just how far the Israelis would go as a reaction. It's obvious their plan is to completely destroy Gaza, making it uninhabitable.

Gaza will be rebuilt. There will be an economic boom while it happens. That is how war works.