The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 03, 2018, 09:28:13 PM
While not one shot on target they have a great price to win this at the minute
It's been said on SKY 0 shots on target by Liverpool in a Champions League game for the first time in 12 years. Was Napoli on the beer before that challenge v Liverpool two months ago?

Jim Bob

gawa316

Only got to see about 10 mins, but with that and what I've read, we were atrocious. Apart from West Ham, we haven't really played great this season in spite of the results. Have to say I'm a little worried about the Citee game at the weekend

AZOffaly

Quote from: gawa316 on October 04, 2018, 07:55:36 PM
Only got to see about 10 mins, but with that and what I've read, we were atrocious. Apart from West Ham, we haven't really played great this season in spite of the results. Have to say I'm a little worried about the Citee game at the weekend

Played very well v Chelsea too in fairness. And for long periods v PSG

J70

Played great against Spurs too.

I've no worries about the weekend- they'll be well up for it. Can't do anything about City's quality and depth, but they have to go after them and pressurize them like on previous occasions. If City cope and nick it, so be it.

gawa316

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 04, 2018, 08:08:45 PM

Played very well v Chelsea too in fairness. And for long periods v PSG

Quote from: J70 on October 04, 2018, 08:31:46 PM
Played great against Spurs too.

I've no worries about the weekend- they'll be well up for it. Can't do anything about City's quality and depth, but they have to go after them and pressurize them like on previous occasions. If City cope and nick it, so be it.

I was more talking about our swashbuckling approach were we blow teams away...I do admit we played well against the teams mentioned but just a different type of good.

Keita (who I thought would've made a bigger impact by now) seems to be okay after the injury scare. Interesting to see what team will be put out on Sunday, has Shaqiri done enough to force his way in, Salah looking out of sorts, do we freshen up the Milner, Gini, Henderson midfield??

imtommygunn

I didn't realise he was that bad. That is shocking. The boys that did this should be locked up for a long time.

Captain Obvious

Not a single shot on target in that 1st half. A game that hasn't lived up to the Sky hype so far. Graeme Souness thinks Aguero should have got a penalty but he didn't appeal for it because he knows you don’t get a penalty in front of the Kop he said.

Cunny Funt

Dreadful penalty by Mahrez. Can see why he missed 3 of his last five penalties.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

Quote from: Minder on October 07, 2018, 06:21:54 PM
Will take that
For sure. Neither team at their best,and pretty even game so draw a fair enough result.
Liverpool haven't played well for a while but still joint top after a run of tough games.
Some more favorable fixtures after the international break.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Over the Bar

Lol @ the penalty by Mahrez. Jesus looking at him thinking "with your record???" ;D

J70

I know they've had a run of tough games, but Liverpool are looking a wee bit toothless in attack. Need to change it for a bit and give Salah and Mane a game off here and there.

On the performance, that was a good point. Both teams canceled each other out, but City looked the more threatening after Jesus and Sane came on.

Captain Obvious

Slightly better 2nd half with a few shots on target. Poor by Pep to take off Aguero the first choice penalty taker. Manchester City's long wait for win in Anfield goes on a real bogey ground for them.  Four games in a row without a win for Liverpool however they should get back to winning ways as in the next month they are playing a number of rubbish sides.