A bit of a Pile up in Merrion Square

Started by Capt Pat, May 11, 2011, 10:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

On my stroll into town. I cam across a tour bus full of passengers crashed into a row of parked cars in Merrion Square  causing a bit of a hold up.

It looks like the bus driver might have fallen asleep or some body pulled out of the parking spaces trying to do a u turn forcing the bus into the parked cars. One of the cars was forced through the railings into the park. The bus demolished one of the old historic lamp posts as well. I have photos on the phone but unfortunately no way of uploading them.

I didn't see any ambulances or blood on the pavements so hopefully nobody got hurt but it is strange the way you only have to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and it is all over. If I was half an hour earlier on the opposite side of the road????????

Capt Pat

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0511/connolly.html

Connolly station was evacuated due to a security alert. I wonder if that was where the bus was going.

maddog

If it was a public bus there would be more on the bus after the crash than before it.

Orior

Maybe the bus was on its way to show tourists the security alert

Sorry, bad taste
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

isourboydownyet

ive seen worse in a chapel car park,hardly headline news

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

haranguerer

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 11, 2011, 10:29:27 AM
On my stroll into town. I cam across a tour bus full of passengers crashed into a row of parked cars in Merrion Square  causing a bit of a hold up.

It looks like the bus driver might have fallen asleep or some body pulled out of the parking spaces trying to do a u turn forcing the bus into the parked cars. One of the cars was forced through the railings into the park. The bus demolished one of the old historic lamp posts as well. I have photos on the phone but unfortunately no way of uploading them.

I didn't see any ambulances or blood on the pavements so hopefully nobody got hurt but it is strange the way you only have to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and it is all over. If I was half an hour earlier on the opposite side of the road????????

Then we'd have been saved from a pointless thread  ;)

Hardy

Luckily, I was in Cork on 11 September, 2001. I'd been in New York only 13 months previously. These are the razor thin margins between survival and disaster.

muppet

Quote from: Hardy on May 11, 2011, 02:29:43 PM
Luckily, I was in Cork on 11 September, 2001. I'd been in New York only 13 months previously. These are the razor thin margins between survival and disaster.

If I was in the Hill instead of the Canal End in 1996 I'd have told our keeper not to let Colm Coyle's ball in bounce. Imagine!
MWWSI 2017

From the Bunker

And as a Meath man you felt safe in Cork?

Hardy

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 11, 2011, 02:34:43 PM

We have a deal, me and the Corkonians. They don't whinge and in return I don't run amok with a hatchet.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Hardy on May 11, 2011, 02:38:55 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 11, 2011, 02:34:43 PM

We have a deal, me and the Corkonians. They don't whinge and in return I don't run amok with a hatchet.

You haven't fulfilled ypur sode of that particular bargain yet then :P

Hardy

A man can be forgiven a little occasional bloodletting.

Orior

Thankfully, I was born a few years after the massive meteorite hit that rid the earth of dinosaurs.

Close shave indeed!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians