Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cville

Jesus H Christ - who gives a Friar Tuck about this? Stew, why did you not do as would i have done and brought the two of them home and make her the 'Turkey in the Roasting' FFS get a life and live a bit! FFS.

pintsofguinness

I don't know why some people insist on posting when they haven't read the thread.
Either that or there are some breathtaking idiots around.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

full back

The thing that I cant understand is the feckin 3rd party/ies that complained.
I mean what sort of b4stard are you to go out for drinks with a few mates, then they end up having a bit of a fumble & you complain to your boss ???
They are the w4nkers in all of this

Pietas

I have read this thread with real interest and have an observation.

Stew clearly felt compelled to act in the circumstances in the interests of professionalism.

But how professional is it to use his employers' time to post what is essentially internal and confidential information on a discussion board.

Just askin :)
In Roman mythology, Pietas was the goddess of duty to one's state, gods and family.

The Lord of Luuuvre

I have fondled literally thousands of women in bars from Los Angeles to Bangkonk, New York, London, Geneva and Vienna.

By and large I did it without invitation, but they never objected and I can say without contradiction that they all enjoyed it. ;D

I wouldn't event have been on first name terms with over 95 per-cent of them.
Greetings and salivations

Puckoon

Quote from: The Lord of Luuuvre on November 21, 2007, 02:46:35 PM
I have fondled literally thousands of women in bars from Los Angeles to Bangkonk, New York, London, Geneva and Vienna.

By and large I did it without invitation, but they never objected and I can say without contradiction that they all enjoyed it. ;D

I wouldn't event have been on first name terms with over 95 per-cent of them.
You must be a real close family.

heganboy

In the US employees are expected to complain about any issues that will cause problems in the work place. This has all come about from the claim culture that exists here. If someone passed over for a promotion and the girl who got groped got it, all of her peers will sue the company and win for damages because nothing was done to deal with the workplace situation that was caused by the groping. If they complain about it, or if their superior know that it happened and nothing is done about it, then they cannot lose the case and the company is automatically liable for the claim. In most companies this is addressed in your employment contract and I'm sure its in Stew's.
The fact that he knew about it means that he has to act, if he doesn't as per most contracts of employment, not only will he be fired but they can come after him for costs of any settlement for any claim pertaining to the incident. By the way that also includes someone deciding in 5 years that this is now relevant to their not getting a job, or them getting fired.

If any of you who are busting stews balls are willing to risk your job, your house and your savings so that two drunks who report into you are able to have a grope in front of their colleagues that -congrats on achieving Irish Liberty and good luck with minding your own business. Oh hang on a minute thats exactly what Stew's doing minding his own business, and his own career, and his own house.
Please add all the FFS in the right places if you're still not getting it.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

lynchbhoy

the couple made the mistake of doing it in th public eye where colleagues were present.
Think most of us would have gone with girl(s) from the office, but most of us would have had the sense to keep it on the QT - worse still, yer man is married and shes engaged to be married and sounded like she wasnt stopping or running away from his advances - so they are both sharing the guilt here.

The rules, ridiculous as they seem are not out to stop relationships, but to stop trouble with the workforce/court cases.
If the two were fornicating etc - whos to say that some disgruntled employee who didnt get a promotion/salary increase etc wouldnt take a case out against the company identifying that this guy is givin preferential treatment to his 'bit on the side'.
Or if the girl who was 'fondled' (and seemingly enjoyed it) was dropped by yer man, could she take a case eventually for not getting promotion etc.
This rule is set out to stop relationships fouling up the work environment, and also to prevent court cases etc.

bottom line is , if they wanted to go at it, they should have done so elsewhere out of the public eye.
If stew had been the only person to see it, I am sure it would have gone no further.
As others witnessed it (and subsequently complained) his choice was sadly made for him.

gerry

QuoteIf any of you who are busting stews balls are willing to risk your job, your house and your savings so that two drunks who report into you are able to have a grope in front of their colleagues that -congrats on achieving Irish Liberty and good luck with minding your own business. Oh hang on a minute thats exactly what Stew's doing minding his own business, and his own career, and his own house.

Totally agree, Stew looking after one.  Cannot believe the number of people giving there opinion when they have not read all the tread.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

stephenite

Quote from: heganboy on November 21, 2007, 03:00:42 PM
In the US employees are expected to complain about any issues that will cause problems in the work place. This has all come about from the claim culture that exists here. If someone passed over for a promotion and the girl who got groped got it, all of her peers will sue the company and win for damages because nothing was done to deal with the workplace situation that was caused by the groping. If they complain about it, or if their superior know that it happened and nothing is done about it, then they cannot lose the case and the company is automatically liable for the claim. In most companies this is addressed in your employment contract and I'm sure its in Stew's.

Exactly - those busting Stew's chops are most probably fortunate enough not to have to work in conditions where managing a team means watching your own back is as important as doing your actual work.

theskull1

Quote from: stephenite on November 21, 2007, 10:11:12 PM

Exactly - those busting Stew's chops are most probably fortunate enough not to have to work in conditions where managing a team means watching your own back is as important as doing your actual work.

Look you may all have a point.....Stew just comes accross a bit too cold in all of this. He wants everybody to understand his perspective which is fair enough, but not once has he empathized properly with their positions or commented on the people who complained in the first place (they're the real bastards in all of this). Thats what got to me. I'll accept that it's a different culture and he had to do what he done but it sounds like a cold cold world over there.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

The Real Laoislad

England v Croatia tonight what a game and had me saying what the f**k is going to happen next
You'll Never Walk Alone.

deiseach

The fact that he knew about it means that he has to act, if he doesn't as per most contracts of employment, not only will he be fired but they can come after him for costs of any settlement for any claim pertaining to the incident. By the way that also includes someone deciding in 5 years that this is now relevant to their not getting a job, or them getting fired.

If any of you who are busting stews balls are willing to risk your job, your house and your savings so that two drunks who report into you are able to have a grope in front of their colleagues that -congrats on achieving Irish Liberty and good luck with minding your own business. Oh hang on a minute thats exactly what Stew's doing minding his own business, and his own career, and his own house.
Please add all the FFS in the right places if you're still not getting it.

Only opened this thread tonight, and ploughed through it all only to find my position encapsulated on page 10. You have to play it by the book in the States. It only takes one of her girlfriends, a few years down the line and hearing the story for the first time through the fog of the passage of time and a few too many glasses of vino, to convince the woman in question that she was VIOLATED by THE EVIL PATRIARCHY, and before stew'd know it all hell breaks loose.

Leg End

mcclarens first team selection... Peter crouch as a lone striker??????????wtf  and to follow that up no david beckham to give him the deliveries that proved would have came???????wtf
we're here for a good time, not a long time

Puckoon

Finding out that one of your closest friends is cheating on one of your closest friends, with another close friend. What. The. Fcuk.
Wondering what to do about it. I know I dont tell close friend number 2, but Im wondering if I approach close friends 1 or 3 about this. Im really shocked. Ive had a enough pints, but I still cant sleep.