Paddy Jackson apology

Started by yellowcard, April 06, 2018, 02:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 12, 2018, 03:56:46 PM
Quote from: seafoid on April 12, 2018, 11:59:36 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 12, 2018, 11:41:34 AM
Quote from: seafoid on April 12, 2018, 11:31:15 AM
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/rugby-must-deal-with-derogatory-behaviour-rape-crisis-centre-1.3459365?mode=amp

Irish rugby has to deal with "disrespectful and derogatory" behaviour of role models if it wants to be seen as embodying the best spirit of Ireland, a leading rape campaigner has said.

Noeline Blackwell, chief executive of the Dublin Rape Crisis Centre, said it is a "shame and a pity" that some people are calling for an end to the continuing controversy over the rugby rape trial.

The human rights lawyer said there was a "whole lot of moral harm" that has yet to be addressed amid the fall-out from the high profile case and that a full examination was needed of the behaviour of role models.

"Here is the opportunity for all of us to grow a respect for each other, to build a better understanding of how young men talk about themselves and young women," she told RTÉ's Morning Ireland.

I take it she hasnt watched the show EX on the Beach? Caught a glimpse of it the other day, the talk of the girls on that show would make your face turn red!! Never mind private messages this girl and the others were giving it large to a camera!!
Even if they were acquitted their behaviour was broadcast to everyone.
That is why the IRFU is in such a bind. Maybe other people are worse in private. That is private. The spit roasting is not.

But the spit roasting did happen in a private residence and the messages were private too.  A false allegation has allowed everything to be made public.  Surely that is not the fault of Jackson etc and wouldn't break any morality clause in a contract?

You really don't have a clue do you?

AQMP

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 12, 2018, 03:56:46 PM
Quote from: seafoid on April 12, 2018, 11:59:36 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 12, 2018, 11:41:34 AM
Quote from: seafoid on April 12, 2018, 11:31:15 AM
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/rugby-must-deal-with-derogatory-behaviour-rape-crisis-centre-1.3459365?mode=amp

Irish rugby has to deal with "disrespectful and derogatory" behaviour of role models if it wants to be seen as embodying the best spirit of Ireland, a leading rape campaigner has said.

Noeline Blackwell, chief executive of the Dublin Rape Crisis Centre, said it is a "shame and a pity" that some people are calling for an end to the continuing controversy over the rugby rape trial.

The human rights lawyer said there was a "whole lot of moral harm" that has yet to be addressed amid the fall-out from the high profile case and that a full examination was needed of the behaviour of role models.

"Here is the opportunity for all of us to grow a respect for each other, to build a better understanding of how young men talk about themselves and young women," she told RTÉ's Morning Ireland.

I take it she hasnt watched the show EX on the Beach? Caught a glimpse of it the other day, the talk of the girls on that show would make your face turn red!! Never mind private messages this girl and the others were giving it large to a camera!!
Even if they were acquitted their behaviour was broadcast to everyone.
That is why the IRFU is in such a bind. Maybe other people are worse in private. That is private. The spit roasting is not.

But the spit roasting did happen in a private residence and the messages were private too.  A false allegation has allowed everything to be made public.  Surely that is not the fault of Jackson etc and wouldn't break any morality clause in a contract?

The messages were private until they were read out in court and were in the papers.  How they got into the public domain doesn't negate the fact that the spit roasting and messaging did take place.  That's the bind for those involved.  No-one denied that the activity took place.

It's a bit like a man accused of beating his wife to death.  He admits hitting her but denies killing her saying she was still alive when he left for the pub.  The jury believes him.  Murderer? - No.  Wife beater - Yes.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: sid waddell on April 12, 2018, 02:49:56 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on April 12, 2018, 02:29:33 PM

Dara Florence's version of what she saw in the bedroom flatly contradicted the complainant's version.
It did no such thing.

It flatly contradicted Jackson.

If you believe Florence, you believe Jackson lied about having vaginal sex with the complainant.
I do, sid I sure do.
But I also said, that what the defence has to say is/was immaterial. It was up to the prosecution to prove its case and they didn't.
You either accept the rule of law or you don't.

(BTW, when you calm down a bit, you will find that Florence contradicted both parties.)
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

seafoid

The complainant must be getting some comfort from the outside world''s view of things. The lads went on the offensive in court but left the tramlines undefended.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

I don't think the baying mob will be pleased until one of the lads throws a rope up to be honest!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Syferus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 12, 2018, 07:02:41 PM
I don't think the baying mob will be pleased until one of the lads throws a rope up to be honest!

You are such an ass. Always wanting to diminish the problems this trial has highlighted and uplift the 'lads'. You are exactly the sort of fool they are protesting.

Taylor

Willie John and the guy from the supporters club came out and have their views on what they think should happen next.

It's was refreshing to hear some balance and alternate views on the situation given the media has been dominated by the Nazi feminist crew this last month.

Doubt if many others will come out given the bile that was spouted because someone dared have a different opinion.

And before the usual suspects come in I actually think it would be better for everyone concerned if the boys left Ulster for and English or French club

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Syferus on April 12, 2018, 07:33:31 PM

You are such an ass. Always wanting to diminish the problems this trial have highlighted and uplift the 'lads'. You are exactly the sort of fool they are protesting.

I'm an ass?  ;D ;D 
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Asal Mor

+1. Protest aimed at changing the system is fine but predictably it's been more about vilifying and destroying these men who were found not guilty.
They behaved badly but are surely different people now.

trileacman

Jesus lads, we won, let it go.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Asal Mor

Quote from: trileacman on April 12, 2018, 09:31:29 PM
If you google "me too suicide" there have been lots of instances of it. Check out the story of Benny Fredriksson who killed himself before police found the allegations against him were false. The justice system seems unfair against victims and very few would take issue with protests for change but the online vigilante justice system is grossly unfair against the accused.

Syferus

Quote from: Asal Mor on April 12, 2018, 09:46:24 PM
If you google "me too suicide" there have been lots of instances of it. Check out the story of Benny Fredriksson who killed himself before police found the allegations against him were false. The justice system seems unfair against victims and very few would take issue with protests for change but the online vigilante justice system is grossly unfair against the accused.

Oh dear. Now #MeToo causes sucides. Not a peep about the systematic sexual assault of women, but you hold up one or two outliers as if they are indicative of anything. I really wonder how you manage to get through a world that is 50% women and still hold these inane viewpoints. Try talking to one about what they've experienced rather than thinking you have all the answers in your own head.

moysider

How anybody could think that there was a winner here is beyond me. And who are 'we'?

imtommygunn

An absolute mess.

Maybe this has been discussed but did i hear the bank of ireland, a major sponsor, are having a meeting with the ulster ceo about the future of jackson etc?

Asal Mor

Quote from: Syferus on April 12, 2018, 09:54:20 PM
Quote from: Asal Mor on April 12, 2018, 09:46:24 PM

Oh dear. Now #MeToo causes sucides. Not a peep about the systematic sexual assault of women, but you hold up one or two outliers as if they are indicative of anything. I really wonder how you manage to get through a world that is 50% women and still hold these inane viewpoints. Try talking to one about what they've experienced rather than thinking you have all the answers in your own head.
I'm well aware there is widespread sexual harassment and abuse against women and the MeToo campaign did a lot of good in exposing this and exposing some prolific abusers who had gotten away with it for years, but it has a vindictive edge as these online campaigns tend to and this has been very much to the fore in the i believe her campaign.

I also believe that everyone has a right to defend their good name against an accusation, something that MeToo and similar movements don't allow for.

Your lack of human empathy here is blatant when you dismiss the suicide of an innocent man as an outlier as though that makes it acceptable collateral damage.