Laois Senior Football Championship 2018

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, March 09, 2018, 12:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

portlaoisekid

Quote from: Toomanygaels on October 05, 2018, 11:03:09 PM
Ha ha. That's the first time I have heard a punch (with closed fist) to the side of the head called shaking off an opponent.
I wasnt like it was a rash decision by Maurice Deegan, he took plenty of time to make his decision. It looked like he was trying his best not to get him sent off. He went to 2 umpires and 2 linesmen over it. It's not wonder our county is struggling for referees.

Quote from: Don Draper on October 05, 2018, 10:01:35 PM
Quote from: Batman!!! on October 05, 2018, 09:51:04 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on October 05, 2018, 08:31:05 PM
Quote from: Toomanygaels on October 05, 2018, 06:15:32 PM
I hear Portlaoise/Bruno are appealing the sending off tonight. I presume our county board will do as they normally do and let the player off.
He did f**k all wrong, he's dead right to appeal

I forgot striking a player in the back of the head was allowed in Laois 🙈 but it's Bruno so let him play. Nothing to see here lads
Merely a shaking off of his opponent who had fouled him. Lads need to toughen up a wee bit.
let's hope he gets off , a nothing incident . Bruno takes some amount of crap off players not able for him and not a word is said when it happens.

BobbyBoucherJr

Quote from: portlaoisekid on October 05, 2018, 11:09:32 PM

Ha ha. That's the first time I have heard a punch (with closed fist) to the side of the head called shaking off an opponent.
I wasnt like it was a rash decision by Maurice Deegan, he took plenty of time to make his decision. It looked like he was trying his best not to get him sent off. He went to 2 umpires and 2 linesmen over it. It's not wonder our county is struggling for referees.

I hear Portlaoise/Bruno are appealing the sending off tonight. I presume our county board will do as they normally do and let the player off.

I forgot striking a player in the back of the head was allowed in Laois 🙈 but it's Bruno so let him play. Nothing to see here lads
Merely a shaking off of his opponent who had fouled him. Lads need to toughen up a wee bit.
let's hope he gets off , a nothing incident . Bruno takes some amount of crap off players not able for him and not a word is said when it happens.

The umpires and referee saw f**k all 2 years ago when bruno was taken out v Stradbally!

Toomanygaels

I think the rules should be the same for everyone. Either way Portlaoise shouldn't need the services of him to much in the final. The first round of the Leinster looks like it could be a major game for them.

BobbyBoucherJr

Young lad from ballylinan (cant remember his name) got sent off in the semi final last year and his appeal was successful and played in the county final.

Don Draper

Quote from: BobbyBoucherJr on October 05, 2018, 11:17:43 PM
Quote from: portlaoisekid on October 05, 2018, 11:09:32 PM

The umpires and referee saw f**k all 2 years ago when bruno was taken out v Stradbally!
That was an abhorrent attack

Toomanygaels

It just the way our county board work and oh we happen to have a Portlaoise chairman this year. I wonder on what grounds did he get off?

BobbyBoucherJr

Who was chairman last year when kevin byrne got off?

BallyroanAbu

I have not seen the video, so can someone without an agenda or an axe to grind tell me,  was Bruno sent off correctly or incorrectly ?  if so there is no case to answer, if yes then that's another story.  The video's are pretty good as we have used them all year so if they show nothing then there was nothing.  Bruno is able to handle himself but I would not have him down as a dirty player so I was surprised at him being sent off.

As for Portlaoise working well as club,  I am not trying to throw a spanner in the works.  But PortlaoiseKid your synopsis is that of a Portlaoise man,  it's really a case of we are winning the Senior nothing to see here.  I am not saying a second club is the answer as I believe at this stage, it would have to be ran by the County Board till such a time as it can run itself.  But Clonad, Ratheniska and Heath are the solution and I think they are starting to realize this,  a super strong Portlaoise while in the short term is good for Portlaoise, I feel it is not a good long term solution for Laois or Portlaoise.  Also on this the divisional sides while a nice side show are not the solution in Laois.  I actually fear for Portlaoise long term, as there is a malaise within that club that is serious.  The Senior Team as I have said before is covering up a multitude of problems.  Maybe they will sort them out but it's been going on a while now.  Serious competition for hearts and minds in the town I feel would rejuvenate the club and in would in the long run be good for Portlaoise, but wiser heads than me think different.

Don Draper

ollie12

Did anybody here why he won his appeal? I heard a reason but it seems a very silly reason so I don't  think it's true.  I heard the ref got injured, Maurice left the line to referee it a Brendan McCann went down to do lines man but wasn't dressed in proper gear.  He was wearing  jeans and shoes and this is the technicality that got him off. This is hardly true???

merman

Quote from: ollie12 on October 06, 2018, 09:47:19 AM
Did anybody here why he won his appeal? I heard a reason but it seems a very silly reason so I don't  think it's true.  I heard the ref got injured, Maurice left the line to referee it a Brendan McCann went down to do lines man but wasn't dressed in proper gear.  He was wearing  jeans and shoes and this is the technicality that got him off. This is hardly true???

That was a joke doing the rounds last weekend. Started by a group of Portlaoise lads in the stand and back in town after.

It might seem harsh on O' Dempseys as it makes a near impossible job that much harder but I'm glad Bruno is playing. I thought a red was extreme; especially within the context of it meaning he would miss a County Final over it.

Laoiseabu

The decision has been reversed . Bruno is now suspended again . What a joke this is . Laughing stock

BallyroanAbu

Don Draper

Quote from: Batman!!! on October 06, 2018, 01:03:29 PM
It was Laois Today who got it wrong. You'd imagine they would check their favs before writing the article
If you knew the machinations that went on here, your head would explode. This would be national news if it got out.

portlaoisekid

Quote from: Batman!!! on October 06, 2018, 07:32:26 AM
Some farce. Corruption well and truly alive.
do you care to explain ? I doubt it , you I'll informed clown.