UK General Election 2017

Started by Eamonnca1, April 18, 2017, 07:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fat Angry Motorist

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on September 12, 2017, 02:17:43 PM
Quote from: Fat Angry Motorist on September 12, 2017, 08:54:49 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 11, 2017, 09:26:44 PM
If only there were some Irish MPs who could go in there and vote agen it.  Oh wait...

Vote without SF 326 - 290
Vote with SF      326 - 297

What positive effect would SF voting on this have

Actually.............

Speaker   1

Conservative   316
Democratic Unionist Party   10

Total: 326

Labour   262
Scottish National Party   35
Liberal Democrat   12
Sinn Féin   7
Plaid Cymru   4
Independent   2
Green Party   1

Total: 323

What the f**k are you on about Owen?
Give cyclists plenty of room.  It's the rules I tells ya!

Owen Brannigan

Fat Angry Motorist

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on September 12, 2017, 04:26:38 PM
Actually, he hadn't made clear that he was referring to a specific vote in parliament on 11th September 2017.

This vote was enhanced by 7 Labour MPs joining the Tories and a considerable number of them abstaining.

Which is why the argument that SF going to Westminster will make a blind bit of difference to Brexit, or anything else important is complete nonsense.
Give cyclists plenty of room.  It's the rules I tells ya!

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Fat Angry Motorist on September 14, 2017, 09:41:52 AM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on September 12, 2017, 04:26:38 PM
Actually, he hadn't made clear that he was referring to a specific vote in parliament on 11th September 2017.

This vote was enhanced by 7 Labour MPs joining the Tories and a considerable number of them abstaining.

Which is why the argument that SF going to Westminster will make a blind bit of difference to Brexit, or anything else important is complete nonsense.

Correct.  That was my point in giving the actual numbers for each party which show that the Tories plus DUP cannot be beaten with or without the DUP. 

screenexile

Quote from: screenexile on June 09, 2017, 09:37:31 AM
Where are all the t**sers who said Sinn Fein taking their seats in Westminster didn't matter anyway??!!

DUP in a f**king Coalition Government??!!

Time for Sinn Fein to get real and think about taking their seats in Westminster lest we get tramped into the ground again. Saying a meaningless oath is much less an issue for me than letting the DUP run amok!

Sinn Féin's absence badly felt tonight again in Westminster!!

GJL

Quote from: screenexile on July 16, 2018, 11:02:48 PM
Quote from: screenexile on June 09, 2017, 09:37:31 AM
Where are all the t**sers who said Sinn Fein taking their seats in Westminster didn't matter anyway??!!

DUP in a f**king Coalition Government??!!

Time for Sinn Fein to get real and think about taking their seats in Westminster lest we get tramped into the ground again. Saying a meaningless oath is much less an issue for me than letting the DUP run amok!

Sinn Féin's absence badly felt tonight again in Westminster!!

Thought that myself yesterday evening. Was it 3 votes it passed by?

Hereiam

Not gona matter as the EU are not going to accept this white paper. The DUP are callin the shots which is more worryin than brexit

AQMP

Lib Dems getting a bit of flak as Vince Cable and Tim Farron both missed the votes last night.  Also 2 SNP MPs weren't at the vote either.  Despite the vast majority of Tory MPs being Remainers "only" 14 voted against the Brexit loons amendments.

Applesisapples

Quote from: AQMP on July 17, 2018, 09:57:15 AM
Lib Dems getting a bit of flak as Vince Cable and Tim Farron both missed the votes last night.  Also 2 SNP MPs weren't at the vote either.  Despite the vast majority of Tory MPs being Remainers "only" 14 voted against the Brexit loons amendments.
and about 6 Labour MP's in addition to Field and Hoey voting with the Cons.

NAG1

Quote from: Applesisapples on July 17, 2018, 02:44:05 PM
Quote from: AQMP on July 17, 2018, 09:57:15 AM
and about 6 Labour MP's in addition to Field and Hoey voting with the Cons.

Right wing lunatic, to be expected.

imtommygunn

Labour in turmoil too. "Blairites" apparently. There is real dissent in that party.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 17, 2018, 03:09:02 PM
Labour in turmoil too. "Blairites" apparently. There is real dissent in that party.

Tony getting traction again although it may have to be a former lieutenant in David Milliband to grasp the nettle but he needs a GE first and Corbyn has proven to be a decent performer then.

The large influx of new members of the Labour party could probably face down another leadership challenge. Corbyn is safe in that regard.

imtommygunn

Yeah i think he's safe too. Just a pity he is pro brexit :(

Just a matter of time until may goes i think. She is a weak leader and quite frankly with some decisions she has made a vile woman who's only saving grace is she is less vile than gove, boris or rees mogg.

Armamike

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 17, 2018, 03:35:32 PM

Just a matter of time until may goes i think. She is a weak leader and quite frankly with some decisions she has made a vile woman who's only saving grace is she is less vile than gove, boris or rees mogg.

That bunch would remind you of the Addams family.
That's just, like your opinion man.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Armamike on July 17, 2018, 03:47:30 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 17, 2018, 03:35:32 PM

That bunch would remind you of the Addams family.

It's lose lose sadly :(