Player Opt outs for 2020 season

Started by rodney trotter, November 15, 2019, 07:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny

Quote from: Angelo on January 06, 2020, 09:10:47 PM
Quote from: lenny on January 06, 2020, 08:49:16 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on January 06, 2020, 08:37:39 PM
Martin Clarke speaking about the the situation https://t.co/J4VNI2uPaP?amp=1

Says harte's comments are comical. Clarke spoke very well, great ambassador for the gaa. Makes Hrte sound like a dinosaur.

Do you think Tomas O'Se is a dinosaur? Yes or no.

I was saying harte is a dinosaur simply because of his complete lack of knowledge and understanding of the scale of afl clubs. If you listen to the piece Martin Clarke totally rips apart everything harte says piece by piece.

CJ2017

Can see both sides on this. Can go two ways sometimes I guess.

Surely Tyrone benefited in some tiny way from the AFL namely McShanes Crows city rivals - Port Adelaide and their
high performance management department in 2015. A very highly rated and smart young coach imo.
Interesting video, see 3.31

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-19/port-adelaide-reveals-hi-tech,-cutting-edge-fitness-regime/6560204

http://w3.unisa.edu.au/unisanews/2015/August/story15.asp

redhandefender

Marty Clarke is no great ambassador for the gaa.

I totally disagree with most of what Mickey harte pedals but on this point he is correct. We should not be aiding AFL clubs, this will get worse.

And if Clarke is so unimportant and his likes why would these clubs be paying him. In the very least they are taking his advice. His comments were commical and hes certainly no big ambassador to the GAA. He had 1 decent year

southtyronegael

Quote from: CJ2017 on January 07, 2020, 08:17:35 AM
Can see both sides on this. Can go two ways sometimes I guess.

Surely Tyrone benefited in some tiny way from the AFL namely McShanes Crows city rivals - Port Adelaide and their
high performance management department in 2015. A very highly rated and smart young coach imo.
Interesting video, see 3.31

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-19/port-adelaide-reveals-hi-tech,-cutting-edge-fitness-regime/6560204

http://w3.unisa.edu.au/unisanews/2015/August/story15.asp
very interesting. Maybe Mickey didn't know he was in Australia. Monaghan have him now anyway.

Angelo

Quote from: lenny on January 07, 2020, 06:50:18 AM

Says harte's comments are comical. Clarke spoke very well, great ambassador for the gaa. Makes Hrte sound like a dinosaur.

I was saying harte is a dinosaur simply because of his complete lack of knowledge and understanding of the scale of afl clubs. If you listen to the piece Martin Clarke totally rips apart everything harte says piece by piece.

That's a deflection.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

rodney trotter

Tadhg Kennelly expects McShane to play with Tyrone in 2020, and to sign on fully with Adelaide later in the year..
https://t.co/QkdHHYY4mq?amp=1

magpie seanie

I think Harte is 100% correct here. There should be no link with Australian Rules and we shouldn't be assisting them recruiting GAA players in the same way we shouldn't be assisting Premier League soccer or Pro14 rugby in recruiting GAA players. If lads make the choice then good luck to them. When a guy makes it in pro sport you can only be very proud of them. It's the facilitation of recruitment that I disagree with.

lenny

Quote from: Angelo on January 07, 2020, 10:44:23 AM

That's a deflection.

No

Angelo

Quote from: lenny on January 07, 2020, 11:41:16 AM

That's a deflection.

No

You're contradicting yourself so. Tomas O'Se launched a far more severe broadside at Tadhg Kennelly when there was talk about Clifford going to the AFL a few years back than anything Harte said.

You have once again shown us what a sad little man you are and as someone who lets bitterness and vitriol overrule rationale and logic.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: Angelo on January 07, 2020, 12:14:31 PM

That's a deflection.

No

You're contradicting yourself so. Tomas O'Se launched a far more severe broadside at Tadhg Kennelly when there was talk about Clifford going to the AFL a few years back than anything Harte said.

You have once again shown us what a sad little man you are and as someone who lets bitterness and vitriol overrule rationale and logic.
Would you ever climb out of Hartes boxers holy ghost.. He would be a fool to pass on the opportunity and an even bigger fool to let Mickey Harte make his decision for him. End off, and stop referring back to Kerry, you sound silly

screenexile

Mickey Harte crying about poor Tyrone all over the media again . . . He's obviously not doing New Year new me then!

lenny

That's a deflection.

No

No contradiction at all. I said Harte was a dinosaur because of his total ignorance of the size and scale of the AFL clubs. I share harte's disappointment about gaa players leaving. Martin Clarke took apart harte's arguments one by one in a very calm, articulate way.

Angelo

Quote from: Pearse Blue on January 07, 2020, 12:17:15 PM

That's a deflection.

No

Would you ever climb out of Hartes boxers holy ghost.. He would be a fool to pass on the opportunity and an even bigger fool to let Mickey Harte make his decision for him. End off, and stop referring back to Kerry, you sound silly

I'm referring to different treatments of two very similar arguments by a poster who will choke some day on his own bitterness.

You're another goon who makes completely irrational, completely illogical comments to pedal an utterly baseless agenda.

McShane has as decision to make, Harte very obviously wants him to stay for vested reasons as he is the Tyrone manager and losing McShane would be a hammerblow for Tyrone football.

He's on record as saying he hopes McShane stays, but if he decides not to then he wishes him the best.

"At this moment in time, he has not committed to anything other than to go there and experience what is happening, and it'll be up to him to make that final decision. And whatever [decision] he makes, we wish him well. We wish it would be for us, but if it's not then I wish him well with his new option, his new career."

So what exactly is your contention with what Harte said?

Taylor

Regardless of players giving the AFL a shot, a much bigger concern should be the volume of players dropping out of playing IC football.

By comparison it is not something we should be worried about.

Angelo

Quote from: lenny on January 07, 2020, 12:20:50 PM

That's a deflection.

No

No contradiction at all. I said Harte was a dinosaur because of his total ignorance of the size and scale of the AFL clubs. I share harte's disappointment about gaa players leaving. Martin Clarke took apart harte's arguments one by one in a very calm, articulate way.

It's a complete and utter contradiction, you must be incredibly stupid if you fail to see that. Marty Clarke actively helps recruit GAA players for the AFL and that is an allegation that he can't deny. Maybe you should go and read what Tomas O'Se said about Tadhg Kennelly before you embarrass yourself further.