Croke Park - Bags and Shít

Started by Syferus, June 20, 2017, 03:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 22, 2017, 04:18:35 PM
I disagree with the notion of the Grab All Association. It's not been my experience at least.

Nor I. It's a lazy analysis to be fair. Heard another fella use the term because he wasn't getting his kids tickets (at €5 each!) in the middle of the lower Hogan for an all ireland semi final. True story.

T Fearon

I saw a guy in the Cusack on Saturday with a back pack the size of which you would take on a global trek.Time to charge just like Ryanair

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 31, 2017, 01:48:47 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 22, 2017, 04:18:35 PM
I disagree with the notion of the Grab All Association. It's not been my experience at least.

Nor I. It's a lazy analysis to be fair. Heard another fella use the term because he wasn't getting his kids tickets (at €5 each!) in the middle of the lower Hogan for an all ireland semi final. True story.

Mouthed usually by those with some sort of a weird grudge against the association. Fellow told me recently the he wouldn't let his son, who was walking around with a hurl, play for the Grab All Association (I presume when he will be an adult) as they won't pay their players and all the money is going to the fat cats on the board. Couldn't name one of these fat cats when asked and then I remembered the golden rule about not arguing with fools.

Only time I've heard it mouthed by supporters is in the immediate aftermath of a draw when a possible win was just denied to them.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

manfromdelmonte

they had two people checking bags on the way in for the lower hogan yesterday.
I mean, come on, two people for the whole lower hogan stand!

armaghniac

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 31, 2017, 06:52:49 PM
they had two people checking bags on the way in for the lower hogan yesterday.
I mean, come on, two people for the whole lower hogan stand!

If people didn't bring bags, as they were asked, then this would be more than sufficient.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Taylor

The powers that be can do as they please and if they say no bags then we must obey however don't dress it up with health and safety bullshit.

It's all about getting more money in the coffers

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Taylor on July 31, 2017, 07:13:34 PM
The powers that be can do as they please and if they say no bags then we must obey however don't dress it up with health and safety bullshit.

How does it get more money in? They haven't banned bags just big ones. How much room do you need to carry a few sandwiches or snacks? If it's for a group just spread it over three or four bags and carry one each.

armaghniac

Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 31, 2017, 07:21:42 PM

How does it get more money in? They haven't banned bags just big ones. How much room do you need to carry a few sandwiches or snacks? If it's for a group just spread it over three or four bags and carry one each.

Tyrone people eat a fierce amount, a wee bag is not enough. 

Taylor

So why hasn't it been implemented at all grounds?

Boycey

Being Ireland Mammy has to carry all the sandwiches for the whole family  group. Anyway what's wrong with the old way of doing it, hang sandwiches and a flask of tae at the back of the car..

armaghniac

Quote from: Taylor on July 31, 2017, 07:36:52 PM

You have to start somewhere.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Taylor on July 31, 2017, 07:36:52 PM

Usually attacks are at high profile places. As croke park is the national stadium and is situated in the capital it is probably seen by security as more at risk. You didn't answer how it generates more money by only allowing smaller bags? I could easily carry a drink, crisps, chocolate and sandwiches for myself in a plastic bag/small bag if I wanted to.

Taylor

so they implemented it on Saturday for less than 40k fans. They must be more important than the fans at the Munster Hurling final so

Rossfan

Of course they are.
Football and it's fans are much more important than hurley stuff.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Wildweasel74

The Gaa been a rip of for the past 15yrs; they be getting higher attendances if tickets were alot less! As for grants northern teams survived on the national lotto grants; dont know many who got croke park type grants!  Starting to wonder where all the money goes to be honest! The bags issue is down to security i presume!