Tyrone v Donegal - Sunday 18th June at 2pm

Started by Fuzzman, May 29, 2017, 10:43:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Yep, even though Donegal mostly won, apart from the game where Joe McMahon was sent off when Donegal hit a goal and a spurt of points midway through the second half, these games have all been up for grabs right to the end.

Plus, we don't know how the younger Donegal lads will cope in this type of match. One third of the team has not been in a game like this. Very hard to predict.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: twohands!!! on June 14, 2017, 03:26:34 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on June 13, 2017, 12:13:15 AM
Tyrone 8/11, Donegal 6/4.

Donegal seem like value to me. Expecting a tight game but I fancy Donegal by a pt or two on account on having better forwards and Tyrone not having a reliable freetaker

For me this is one to avoid on the gambling front - overall things are way too tight between the two teams and I suspect it will be whoever performs slightly better on the day.

No shit Sherlock!!
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Fuzzman

A lot has been made lately about teams saving their better forwards for the final 15 mins where they are fresh to come on and punch holes in the blanket defence who have worked hard maybe for 55 mins.
We have saw the Dubs do this for some time now and I've noticed Mickey Harte seems to do something similar lately though maybe not with the same firepower.

I'm just wondering is this were Donegal could fall down on Sunday not having great options from the bench?
I think there's not a lot between teams like Donegal, Tyrone, Monaghan and Mayo (maybe Galway) and it's that final 15 mins that will decide the winner.

Who would be the stronger Donegal subs to come on?

J70

McBrearty will probably start, so it will be under-21s coming in to the forwards, maybe the likes of Martin McElhinney into the half-forwards.

Dire Ear

Who are Donegal midfielders now? Would that be a strong sector for them?  Tyrone's is hit and miss.

Fuzzman

Wasn't it Murphy and Jason McGee against Antrim?
Murphy scored 5 frees against Antrim and one from play.
Young Thompson scored 3 frees and 1 from play

Lacey came on as a sub on the 50th min. McBrearty 52nd min scoring 1.02 and McElhinney 57th

I'm looking forward to hearing the Tyrone team tonight as Mickey has a few tough calls to make.

Despite Conal McCann doing quite well against Derry, I think many would not be that surprised if he didn't make the starting 15 this time. It will be interesting to see does Mickey stick with Mattie in the FF line again though he probably won't spend too much time in there anyway.
If McCarron comes in does Hampsey make way or McCrory?

Redhand Santa

Michael hegarty has said in today's paper that Donegal will win this game by 8 or 9 points no bother. Seems to be a lot of confidence around Donegal and that's very big talk there.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 15, 2017, 07:01:36 PM
Michael hegarty has said in today's paper that Donegal will win this game by 8 or 9 points no bother. Seems to be a lot of confidence around Donegal and that's very big talk there.

I would have huge respect for Michael Hegarty, he is one of the few players I know who makes the game look easy & he is worth the admission price any day of the week but his optimism would not be matched by most Donegal people.

Yes, we have the makings of a fine side but this year may be a year or two soon for some of them & the jury is still out on Rory Gallaghers style.

Mind you, I was talking to a few Tyrone men over the weekend & they held out very little hope for their men.

If Donegal hit their stride & Rory Gallagher loosens the shackles a bit then fair enough Donegal will do well but the memory of the second half last year will take a long time to get over

For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: BluestackBoy on June 15, 2017, 07:19:13 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 15, 2017, 07:01:36 PM

I would have huge respect for Michael Hegarty, he is one of the few players I know who makes the game look easy & he is worth the admission price any day of the week but his optimism would not be matched by most Donegal people.

Yes, we have the makings of a fine side but this year may be a year or two soon for some of them & the jury is still out on Rory Gallaghers style.

Mind you, I was talking to a few Tyrone men over the weekend & they held out very little hope for their men.

If Donegal hit their stride & Rory Gallagher loosens the shackles a bit then fair enough Donegal will do well but the memory of the second half last year will take a long time to get over

There would be element of Tyrone people who'd nearly be glad to see the team beat so they could give out about Mickey harte. Some of the same people where at it in 2008 and by the end of the year were Tyrone and Mickey harte super fans again.

Fuzzman

Very surprised no changes at all and Mickey usually doesn't bother naming dummy teams

1 – Niall Morgan – Éadan na dTorc – 60 (17)
2 – Aidan McCrory – Aireagal Chiaráin – 96 (24)
3 – Ronan McNamee – Achadh Uí Aráin – 63 (18)
4 – Pádraig Hampsey – Oileán a'Ghuail – 21 (3)
5 – Tiernan McCann – Coill an Chlochair – 55 (14)
6 – Rory Brennan – Trí Leac – 27 (9)
7 – Peter Harte – Aireagal Chiaráin – 117 (38)
8 – Colm Cavanagh – An Mhaigh – 135 (49)
9 – Conall McCann – Coill an Chlochair – 27 (5)
10 – Kieran McGeary – Cabhán a'Chaortainn – 18 (4)
11 – Niall Sludden – An Droim Mór – 28 (6)
12 – Conor Meyler – An Omaigh – 23 (6)
13 – Mark Bradley – Coill an Chlochair – 34 (13)
14 – Sean Cavanagh (c) – An Mhaigh – 235 (85)
15 – Matthew Donnelly – Trí Leac – 91 (28)

16 – Michael O'Neill – Cluain Eo – 24 (5)
17 – Lee Brennan – Trí Leac – 13 (1)
18 – Frank Burns – Cabhán a'Chaortainn – 5 (1)
19 – Michael Cassidy – Ard Bó – 1 (0)
20 – Cathal McCarron – An Droim Mór – 98 (25)
21 – Declan McClure – Cluain Eo – 10 (1)
22 – Darren McCurry – Éadan na dTorc – 73 (26)
23 – Justin McMahon – An Omaigh – 108 (38)
24 – Cathal McShane – Eoghan Ruadh Uí Néill – 27 (8)
25 – David Mulgrew – Ard Bó – 6 (1)
26 – Ronan O'Neill – An Omaigh – 64 (14)
27 – Richard Donnelly – Trí Leac – 15 (5)
28 – Cahir McCullagh – An Caisleán Glas – 6 (0)
29 – Hugh Pat McGeary – Cabhán a'Chaortainn – 8 (0)
30 – Ronan McHugh – Achadh Uí Aráin – 5 (0)
31 – Padraig McNulty – Dún Geanainn – 38 (8)

Redhand Santa

I wouldn't be surprised if there's not a change or two on the day. Sometimes he makes changes sometimes he doesn't.

I assume the first 26 are the players that can be used and the other five are just listed so they're included. Anyone missing must be injured.

skeog

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 15, 2017, 09:01:03 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if there's not a change or two on the day. Sometimes he makes changes sometimes he doesn't.

I assume the first 26 are the players that can be used and the other five are just listed so they're included. Anyone missing must be injured.

Is it just Loughran and McNabb not named there?

Is Loughran still on the panel?

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on June 15, 2017, 09:50:10 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 15, 2017, 09:01:03 PM

Is it just Loughran and McNabb not named there?

Is Loughran still on the panel?

Loughran played in in house game last week and still in panel. Must be carrying an injury, has struggled all year. Can't think of anyone else missing. With Mcaliskey, Munroe and joe gone the panel could be at 33.