Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Time Ticking Away what happened your post??
You were obviously talking through your arse so decided to remove the post  ::)

time ticking away

Quote from: seanmc123 on August 08, 2017, 02:59:22 PM
Quote from: time ticking away on August 08, 2017, 10:34:46 AM
Cuxton
Mc mahon
Mc Namee
Cooper
Mc carthy
O sullivan
Harte
C cavanagh
Fenton
Sludden
Connolly
Mannion
Rock
O callaghan
Donnelly.

However tyrone as a unit are incredibly hard to score against

Don't know where people are putting in Philly Mcmahon?? If any of use have been watching games this year he has been getting a run around. Jack mccarron roasted him on Sunday if it would not of been for clucko he would have got at least a goal to go along with his points. Overrated big time as a man marker

He is a fair bit better than our man markers to be honest. Mc crory is not good enough and mc carron has lost a yard. Always seemed to be a yard behind clarke on saturday.  Just my opinion mind you. I'm assuming you agree with the rest of the selection or do you only worry about corner backs

Edit

When I say mc crory isn't good enough it's obviously relative. I mean, he's better than me
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

time ticking away

Quote from: Taylor on August 08, 2017, 04:13:01 PM
Time Ticking Away what happened your post??
You were obviously talking through your arse so decided to remove the post  ::)

I decided to be a little less aggressive. You should try it sometime

seanmc123

Quote from: time ticking away on August 08, 2017, 04:15:41 PM
Cuxton
Mc mahon
Mc Namee
Cooper
Mc carthy
O sullivan
Harte
C cavanagh
Fenton
Sludden
Connolly
Mannion
Rock
O callaghan
Donnelly.

Don't know where people are putting in Philly Mcmahon?? If any of use have been watching games this year he has been getting a run around. Jack mccarron roasted him on Sunday if it would not of been for clucko he would have got at least a goal to go along with his points. Overrated big time as a man marker

He is a fair bit better than our man markers to be honest. Mc crory is not good enough and mc carron has lost a yard. Always seemed to be a yard behind clarke on saturday.  Just my opinion mind you. I'm assuming you agree with the rest of the selection or do you only worry about corner backs

Is he ? How do you see he is better than McNamee and McCarron? McCrory doesn't even man mark, do you follow Tyrone ? Thought McNamee and McCarron where as good as ever on sat and I know a lot of people would agree with me on that. Tiernan mccann not in your half back line either and dean rock would be no where near my full forward line, only thing the man does is take frees. Poor from play imo

Up The Middle

Quote from: seanmc123 on August 08, 2017, 04:52:29 PM
Cuxton
Mc mahon
Mc Namee
Cooper
Mc carthy
O sullivan
Harte
C cavanagh
Fenton
Sludden
Connolly
Mannion
Rock
O callaghan
Donnelly.

Is he ? How do you see he is better than McNamee and McCarron? McCrory doesn't even man mark, do you follow Tyrone ? Thought McNamee and McCarron where as good as ever on sat and I know a lot of people would agree with me on that. Tiernan mccann not in your half back line either and dean rock would be no where near my full forward line, only thing the man does is take frees. Poor from play imo

I thought McCarron was roasted on Saturday. Clarke won every ball in front of him bar one. If Clarke had more help in the forward line it would have stood out more, but hardly any scores came of his ball winning. McCarron has definitley lost a yard and is becoming more of a liability than anything else.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

seanmc123

I can recall 3 mccarron won out in front maybe il send the clips to you if you want me to ? Him and Mcnamee invaluable for tyrone. Pity they don't get the credit they deserve sometimes

time ticking away

Cuxton
Mc mahon
Mc Namee
Cooper
Mc carthy
O sullivan
Harte
C cavanagh
Fenton
Sludden
Connolly
Mannion
Rock
O callaghan
Donnelly.

Who are these lots of people who would agree with you ?
Gotta love a bit of healthy debate.
Where do I start.
Jack mc carron did not score on saturday  !
Was aiden mc crory not marking Stefan campbell  on saturday.  I'll send you a few youtube clips to prove it.
Tiernan mc cann has been excellent this year,  Is mc cann better than peter harte or James Mc carthy ?
I don't think so. Is he better than mc caffrey?
This is all airy fairy opinions. No need to get so annoyed. I think Philly mc mahon is a better corner back than cathal mc carron. Is it much odds if he is or not ?

seanmc123

ose 14

ciaran kilkenny lads come on i know big colm has been outstanding in a poor ulster championship as the blocker but is there a better all round player than kilkenny bar brian fenton and lee keegan.

BennyHarp

Quote from: ose 14 on August 09, 2017, 07:16:16 AM
ciaran kilkenny lads come on i know big colm has been outstanding in a poor ulster championship as the blocker but is there a better all round player than kilkenny bar brian fenton and lee keegan.

Kilkenny for me is the biggest waste of talent in Ireland st the minute. A super footballer given such a negative role, who spends more time running/passing backwards than forwards. For me, no player in Ireland has a bigger influence on his team than Colm Cav. The one player we can't do without.
That was never a square ball!!

nrico2006

'Up The Middle' I would just love to see the rest of your GIF.  Breaks my heart everytime I see it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Up The Middle on August 08, 2017, 04:56:52 PM
Cuxton
Mc mahon
Mc Namee
Cooper
Mc carthy
O sullivan
Harte
C cavanagh
Fenton
Sludden
Connolly
Mannion
Rock
O callaghan
Donnelly.

I thought McCarron was roasted on Saturday. Clarke won every ball in front of him bar one. If Clarke had more help in the forward line it would have stood out more, but hardly any scores came of his ball winning. McCarron has definitley lost a yard and is becoming more of a liability than anything else.

It's not that long since you were saying colm cavanagh was only getting chances on the Tyrone team because he was Sean's brother and Mickey was trying to find a place for Peter harte because he was his nephew. A lot of that talk from the clonoe lads has gone quiet.

Up The Middle

Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 09, 2017, 10:06:39 AM
Cuxton
Mc mahon
Mc Namee
Cooper
Mc carthy
O sullivan
Harte
C cavanagh
Fenton
Sludden
Connolly
Mannion
Rock
O callaghan
Donnelly.

It's not that long since you were saying colm cavanagh was only getting chances on the Tyrone team because he was Sean's brother and Mickey was trying to find a place for Peter harte because he was his nephew. A lot of that talk from the clonoe lads has gone quiet.

Youve been waiting a long time to say that. You feeling better now? God forbid someone would have a different opinion from you or Mickey. When i made those comments Cavanagh was showing no signs of the performances which he is putting in now. When he was an orthodox midfielder he looked completely out of place and probably still would. He is very good in the role in which he is playing now but by fcuk did he get some chances. Peter Harte has developed into one of the best and most consistant footballers in Ireland and fair play to him. Any other issues with Clonoe in general or is it just our outlook on the county team that irks you?
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Up The Middle on August 09, 2017, 04:46:01 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 09, 2017, 10:06:39 AM
Cuxton
Mc mahon
Mc Namee
Cooper
Mc carthy
O sullivan
Harte
C cavanagh
Fenton
Sludden
Connolly
Mannion
Rock
O callaghan
Donnelly.

Youve been waiting a long time to say that. You feeling better now? God forbid someone would have a different opinion from you or Mickey. When i made those comments Cavanagh was showing no signs of the performances which he is putting in now. When he was an orthodox midfielder he looked completely out of place and probably still would. He is very good in the role in which he is playing now but by fcuk did he get some chances. Peter Harte has developed into one of the best and most consistant footballers in Ireland and fair play to him. Any other issues with Clonoe in general or is it just our outlook on the county team that irks you?

The only problem I ever had with clonoe posters on here was they were very quick to write off non clonoe players whilst suggesting clonoe players as the alternative. Mickey harte was proven right with his faith in those players who did show signs throughout that they were capable of becoming good players.

I also have no problem with people having opinions on players but hate the nonsense talk like saying colm was only picked to keep Sean happy or Peter was only there because of his uncle. Comments like that were hugely unfair.

I do think sometimes we are too quick to write players off who aren't performing well. It can take players years to settle in as established county players and many are written of or give up too early.

The Trap

Red hand that's why people were hoping players like Kyle coney shay McGuigan Niall McKenna Harry Og Conlon plunkett Kane would be given more time and more chances but hey I guess it's a personal choice and mickey showed more faith in some than others......