Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterEli

Maybe a case of what goes around comes around for Augher. I heard they refused to change their derby with Clogher, their request was to play it at any other time that didn't clash with the full round of fixtures, later in the evening or Friday night. So I suppose how do you expect to be accommodated when you have refused to be accommodating previously yourself.

TimmyTrumpet

word on the street is that Loughmacrory are conceding the game over the weekend. if they are going into div 1 they want to bring silverware with them

Pearse Blue

Quote from: topofthesoil on November 07, 2019, 10:19:55 AM
Quote from: skeog on November 05, 2019, 04:38:34 PM
Newtonstewart will stay up imo.

If they can survive this relegation dog fight they will be in a strong place for next season. With them and Dregish joining forces youd imagine they will find themselves in Div 1 the following year.
Ignoring the bold because they will never be in Division 1. Does a new club (St Eugenes) not have to start at the bottom?? So in other words, is there any point in Newton trying to stay up as they have to go to junior level next year as a new club??? Or am i completely doating?

clarshack

Quote from: Pearse Blue on November 07, 2019, 04:02:51 PM

If they can survive this relegation dog fight they will be in a strong place for next season. With them and Dregish joining forces youd imagine they will find themselves in Div 1 the following year.
Ignoring the bold because they will never be in Division 1. Does a new club (St Eugenes) not have to start at the bottom?? So in other words, is there any point in Newton trying to stay up as they have to go to junior level next year as a new club??? Or am i completely doating?

Ballygawley joined with Glencull and got staying in Division 1.

Jim Bob

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 07, 2019, 09:42:00 AM
If lads have any sense next year they'll book their stags/holidays for July or August and they will miss f**k all football.

Away you and book a permanent holiday far far away

LeoMc

You might be.

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 28, 2019, 09:43:27 AM
Quote from: square_ball on October 28, 2019, 09:24:58 AM
If Newtownstewart stay up I assume this new amalgamation will stay in division 2? I remember when Clan na Gael formed they started life in division 3. Though maybe those clubs that joined were already in division 3? One for Fionntamhnach to answer maybe.

First, thanks GWC.

Secondly IIRC both Dunnamanagh & Aughabrack were playing at Junior level when they amalgamated to become Clann na nGael, so there was never any debate as to what division or grade they would start in. Usually in most cases concerning sports competitions, if an amalgamation between two or more clubs or teams occur where said clubs would otherwise compete in different leagues or grades the following season, the newly amalgamated side would compete in the highest league or grade one of those teams would have competed in that season, essentially as a "successor" team as that team has not effectively withdrawn from competition. So if NTS were to be in a position to remain in Division 2 & Intermediate for 2020, I'd be 99% certain the new "Naomh Eoghain" would simply take their place, while Division 3 & Junior would be reduced to 16 teams (assuming the inclusion of EC3).

southtyronegael

Quote from: Jim Bob on November 07, 2019, 06:13:13 PM
If lads have any sense next year they'll book their stags/holidays for July or August and they will miss f**k all football.

Go away and stalk someone else you moron.

Jim Bob

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 07, 2019, 09:11:26 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on November 07, 2019, 06:13:13 PM

Go away and stalk someone else you moron.

Are you cross with me STG?  :D

southtyronegael

Hardly worth gettin cross over now. Your not that important.

trailer

Please seek help immediately from a trained health professional.

Moonshine

Quote from: topofthesoil on November 07, 2019, 05:17:46 PM
Quote from: clarshack on November 07, 2019, 04:34:20 PM

Ballygawley joined with Glencull and got staying in Division 1.

what about when they joined with the rest of them?

They won 2 Ulster's and 7 championships  that's what happened old friend  ;)

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: PeterEli on November 07, 2019, 01:21:21 PM
Maybe a case of what goes around comes around for Augher. I heard they refused to change their derby with Clogher, their request was to play it at any other time that didn't clash with the full round of fixtures, later in the evening or Friday night. So I suppose how do you expect to be accommodated when you have refused to be accommodating previously yourself.
'i heard'
::)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Jim Bob

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 07, 2019, 09:37:01 PM
Hardly worth gettin cross over now. Your not that important.

Should have ignored me then, shouldn't ya?