The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esmarelda

Anyone got any insight or opinion on what's going on in Venezuela and the Americans' part, if any, in it?

J70

Quote from: whitey on June 28, 2017, 02:40:00 AM
Quote from: J70 on June 28, 2017, 02:11:36 AM
Quote from: whitey on June 28, 2017, 02:04:38 AM
O Keefe supposedly has another tape coming out tomorrow....CNN=Fake News

I think the Republicans are beginning to fight back.....looks like CNN were fed a fake story last week that led to 3 pretty senior people getting fired

Trump was right all along (and I am not a Trump supporter)

Oh no... another O'Keefe video! Boots are being quaked in, I'm sure! :)

Trump was right about WHAT, exactly?

There is actual "real FAKE" news being peddled by some in the main stream media.....its not ALL a figment of his imagination

FFS The day after inaugaration, some moron from Time Magazine reported that Trump had removed the bust of MLK from the oval office.

FFS the guy retracted it immediately. Journalists/media outlets get it wrong sometimes and have to issue retractions. Its as old as the hills and didn't start when this clown took office.

How long did it take Trump to disavow his birther nonsense? Has he ever issued a mea culpa for the Central Park five? The p***k lies through his teeth every day and we're supposed to feel bad when a news organization occasionally gets it wrong and has to retract a story? Give me a f**king break.

J70

Quote from: Esmarelda on June 28, 2017, 09:17:54 AM
Anyone got any insight or opinion on what's going on in Venezuela and the Americans' part, if any, in it?

You apparently do.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on June 28, 2017, 11:19:08 AM

I think the Republicans are beginning to fight back.....looks like CNN were fed a fake story last week that led to 3 pretty senior people getting fired

There is actual "real FAKE" news being peddled by some in the main stream media.....its not ALL a figment of his imagination

FFS The day after inaugaration, some moron from Time Magazine reported that Trump had removed the bust of MLK from the oval office.

FFS the guy retracted it immediately. Journalists/media outlets get it wrong sometimes and have to issue retractions. Its as old as the hills and didn't start when this clown took office.

How long did it take Trump to disavow his birther nonsense? Has he ever issued a mea culpa for the Central Park five? The p***k lies through his teeth every day and we're supposed to feel bad when a news organization occasionally gets it wrong and has to retract a story? Give me a f**king break.

Lol....doesn't matter....Its all fake news....CNN and NY Times now have about as much credibility as Breitbart.  Did the MSM learn nothing from the election?  They are of step with a large swath of the American Electorate and instead of working to regain credibility they're doubling down

I'm s really bizarre....it's like a train wreck in slow motion

whitey

Quote from: whitey on June 28, 2017, 11:28:14 AM

Lol....doesn't matter....Its all fake news....CNN and NY Times now have about as much credibility as Breitbart.  Did the MSM learn nothing from the election?  They are out of step with a large swath of the American Electorate and instead of working to regain credibility they're doubling down

I'ts really bizarre....it's like a train wreck in slow motion

J70

Lol....doesn't matter....Its all fake news....CNN and NY Times now have about as much credibility as Breitbart.  Did the MSM learn nothing from the election?  They are of step with a large swath of the American Electorate and instead of working to regain credibility they're doubling down

Infowars is credible for a significant part of the GOP base, never mind Breitbart.

I have little time for CNN due to their sensationalism, but the idea that a mainstream outlet like the Times (or the WSJ or Washington Post or whatever) is non-credible because they don't tell a certain part of the populous what they want to hear is ludicrous.

You want the Times to start getting into climate denialism or hyping up the dying coal industry or denouncing gay rights just so the GOP base won't be offended?

whitey

WSJ regularly features progresssive commentators

NY Times readers were out with burning pitchforks when they dared feature a conservative opinion

Progressive are all for diversity, except diversity of opinion

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/03/public-editor/bret-stephens-climate-change-liz-spayd-public-editor.amp.html

J70

Quote from: whitey on June 28, 2017, 11:55:36 AM

NY Times readers were out with burning pitchforks when they dared feature a conservative opinion

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/03/public-editor/bret-stephens-climate-change-liz-spayd-public-editor.amp.html

Yet Stephens is still employed by and being published by the Times. While David Brooks and Ross Douhat are published several times a week and have been for years.

So much for THAT line of attack... ::)

Esmarelda

Quote from: J70 on June 28, 2017, 11:19:42 AM

You apparently do.
How did you come to that conclusion?

I read what's happening per RTE news and that the president is accusing the Americans of trying to orchestrate a coup.

I wanted to know if anyone had read/heard anything further.

I hope you agree that your post was utterly pointless.

J70

Quote from: Esmarelda on June 28, 2017, 12:19:33 PM

You apparently do.

I read what's happening per RTE news and that the president is accusing the Americans of trying to orchestrate a coup.

Well, your post seemed to suggest that you had an opinion on the issue and wished to discuss it.

If you're only looking for info, there's better places than this board.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on June 28, 2017, 12:05:10 PM

Yet Stephens is still employed by and being published by the Times. While David Brooks and Ross Douhat are published several times a week and have been for years.

Yes....but they're under seige!

www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/02/conservative-columnist-under-siege-after-n-y-times-debut-on-climate-change.amp.html

Esmarelda

Quote from: J70 on June 28, 2017, 12:21:46 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on June 28, 2017, 12:19:33 PM

You apparently do.

Well, your post seemed to suggest that you had an opinion on the issue and wished to discuss it.

If you're only looking for info, there's better places than this board.
Thank you, again, for your input.

Hardy

This is the big lie that nobody calls. It's the oldest trick in the book, beloved of every demagogue and shyster who wants to pull the wool over the people's eyes. But it's just a schoolyard meme.

Your Dad's doing jail time for armed robbery.
- Your Dad got a fine for a broken tail light. He's a criminal too.

whitey

So you think The NY Times gave every candidate a fair and accurate hearing during the election?

What about the time they edited a pro Bernie article and made it into an anti Bernie article?

https://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/publiceditor/2016/03/17/new-york-times-bernie-sanders-coverage-public-editor/?referer=

"Later, former Labor Secretary Robert Reich criticized The Times on Facebook, accusing it of caving in to Hillary Clinton interests."

Talk about shysters and fraudsters.  And Chuck Schumer wonders why Breitbart has as much credibility as the Ny Times

J70

Quote from: whitey on June 28, 2017, 12:31:28 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 28, 2017, 12:05:10 PM

Yes....but they're under seige!

www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/02/conservative-columnist-under-siege-after-n-y-times-debut-on-climate-change.amp.html

They pissed off some subscribers by hiring a climate denialist (this is not about conservatism, its about science... unless you're going to bracket being anti-science with conservatism?) but brazened it out by keeping him and this somehow supports your point that they're biased and purveyors of "fake news"??