Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Did anyone hear if maddog made it?
Or do we need to organise a gaaboard wreath?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

maddog

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 28, 2010, 09:51:36 PM

No wreath required, i dragged my fat arse over the 77 mile route and i feel like i spent the weekend with boy george. Doing a 50 miler this sunday in worcester, should be handy by comparison.

Orior

Quote from: maddog on June 29, 2010, 08:59:18 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 28, 2010, 09:51:36 PM

No wreath required, i dragged my fat arse over the 77 mile route and i feel like i spent the weekend with boy george. Doing a 50 miler this sunday in worcester, should be handy by comparison.

50 mile? Ah sure just give George O'Dowd a blow anyway.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

pintsofguinness

Can any of you boys recommend a decent pump, is it worth getting one with a gauge. 
I'm sick of this piece of shit one I have and the wheels seem to go flat after no time.

Also, do any of you get stiff knees - only started to get this recently - any cures?

Puckoon

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 23, 2010, 08:54:25 PM
Can any of you boys recommend a decent pump, is it worth getting one with a gauge. 
I'm sick of this piece of shit one I have and the wheels seem to go flat after no time.

Also, do any of you get stiff knees - only started to get this recently - any cures?

Are these two issues related?

Surely it's a wheel problem.

ardmhachaabu

I think it's a tyre problem
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Puckoon on August 23, 2010, 09:20:25 PM

Are these two issues related?

Surely it's a wheel problem.
aye I don't think I get enough air/pressure in them to start with. When the bike shop does it with whatever contraception they have they're dead on for months!

The Gs Man

Anyone do any mountainbiking? Recommend any good trails for bumps and jumps? Up North preferably.
Keep 'er lit

DoireGael

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0820/1224277229259.html

Dublin - Galway would be great craic

This looks like it could be an interesting development

Been thinking for a while of starting up the cycling, had a test run on a mates and seemed good craic

http://www.facebook.com/oakleafcycleslam

Is the racing bike cheaper in the Free State or up north generally speaking?

Are places like Halfords to be avoided?

Do Brands matter in terms of the quality? Italian made? etc

cavan4sam

I have this 1

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=4949

only have it a while as I lost my old 1 but it is very good and reasonably priced.

illdecide

It looks like it's more cycling for me from now on, too many years of football and impact has reduced my exercises to non impact so cycling and swimming seems to be the future. I have a fairly good racing bike and a mountain bike but lent that out and never got it back but in fairness don't like the mountain bike i prefer the speed from the racing bike.

I haven't got into the way of cycling for hours on end, i prefer to cycle for about 30mins (8-10 mile) then turn and come home doing roughly 15-20 mile in total but doing it flat out as fast as i can go. My biggest problem is i get a sore back haunched over on the racer >:(
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Tyrones own

Quote from: illdecide on August 23, 2010, 11:16:14 PM
It looks like it's more cycling for me from now on, too many years of football and impact has reduced my exercises to non impact so cycling and swimming seems to be the future. I have a fairly good racing bike and a mountain bike but lent that out and never got it back but in fairness don't like the mountain bike i prefer the speed from the racing bike.

I haven't got into the way of cycling for hours on end, i prefer to cycle for about 30mins (8-10 mile) then turn and come home doing roughly 15-20 mile in total but doing it flat out as fast as i can go. My biggest problem is i get a sore back haunched over on the racer >:(
She obviously doesn't fit you... getting fitted to a bike is a must over here if you're actually
serious about it, especially if you intend being in the saddle for long spells.
A few tweaks here and there could sort your problem (shorter or angled Handlebar stem perhaps
or dropping the point of the saddle down a hair might be a good place to start)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Orior

Quote from: illdecide on August 23, 2010, 11:16:14 PM

I got a hybrid last year which is excellent if you suffer from a sore back.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: DoireGael on August 23, 2010, 11:01:35 PM
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0820/1224277229259.html

Dublin - Galway would be great craic

This looks like it could be an interesting development

Been thinking for a while of starting up the cycling, had a test run on a mates and seemed good craic

The Slashers aren't gonna be too happy with that...  :P
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

pintsofguinness

Quote from: cavan4sam on August 23, 2010, 11:14:40 PM

I have this 1

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=4949

only have it a while as I lost my old 1 but it is very good and reasonably priced.
good stuff, thanks

yeah orior, I bought a hybird recently - very very comfortable.