Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Sounds class, many do it? Hope you've it up on Strava til we get a look

gerry

Fair play to you that's some riding, even to compete it is a big achievement.  Having being out on the bike since the giro as I have a bit of a bug. I have new wheels ready to go on my bike but I have no energy to do even one mile.   On a plus I have nearly lost 6lb
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

JimStynes

Sounds class m4s. Would love to do something like that.

Anyone ever get a bad run of punctures? Haven't had one in 2 years then I've had 4 in the past month, all on the new bike too!!

bennydorano

Have you a good rim tape on the wheel Jim?  If it's a bit lacking (i.e shite or non-existent) it can cause punctures - run some electrical tape round the rim covering the spoke holes, can make a big difference.

Maguire01

Quote from: bennydorano on May 21, 2014, 10:10:05 PM
Have you a good rim tape on the wheel Jim?  If it's a bit lacking (i.e shite or non-existent) it can cause punctures - run some electrical tape round the rim covering the spoke holes, can make a big difference.
Yep, I had a run of punctures sorted with new rim tape.

JimStynes

The Mavics I'm using dont have spoke holes so it doesn't need rim tape. Strange

haranguerer

Would these be an option?

http://road.cc/content/review/81257-slime-smart-tube-self-healing-inner-tube

Considering them myself - first spin on the new bike there, got a puncture within a mile. There were ultremo zx's on the bike, good for racing, not for puncture protection by all accounts. Got two gatorskins there, hopefully will help, considering these tubes too.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: bennydorano on May 21, 2014, 05:50:47 PM
Sounds class, many do it? Hope you've it up on Strava til we get a look
I'll try and throw it up this evening. Would recommend it to anyone, there was about 100 of us on Sunday and then 45-50 of us for the other two days, most were staying on for the full week. Split into two groups each day, faster group averaging 31-33kph including p*ss stops. Stopped in a GAA club each day for grub and tea after about 90k.
Really well run event and relatively cheap, I paid €400 for the three days, that all in, accomodation, B&B, dinner and lunch, bus transfers and support vans. Think the full week was €1000. Great way to see the country and great craic the comradery and abuse was great, plenty of jibing
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

bennydorano

Bike sold :D

JimStynes

Might know a fella interested. I'll text him.

What you looking to buy instead?

bennydorano

Not sure yet Jim.  I love my Ribble 365 winter bike and the new Ribble Azzuro is a Summer version of it, so it's high on my list. That Planet X deal with full Ultegra 11 speed is a mighty deal and I could cycle to work scheme it.  I've fancied a CAAD 10 (or an Evo) for a while too though... or a Giant, Bianchi... etc.. too many to choose from.

I've that Ribble up on Gumtree & FB cyclist buy & sell (not live on gumtree yet)

gerry

Seen ur bike on Facebook.  Have to say I love my Ribble and I have yet to see another one if them around the Omagh area.  I must post a photo of it and my new cosmics. Great bike for the price   
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

LeoMc

Where can you buy the Ribbles?
I wouldn't be confident enough setting myself up to buy online so would still go into a shop to get guidence. Was looking at a Spezialized and a Frondriest for an upgrade.

bennydorano

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/bbg/road-track-bike/ribble-carbon-road-bikes?sub=conf_BBRC&type=RIBMO

Ribble bikebuilder, addictive. Plenty of sites offer bikebuilding. Dolan, Canyon, Rosebikes.

JimStynes

Quote from: bennydorano on May 23, 2014, 07:11:56 PM
Not sure yet Jim.  I love my Ribble 365 winter bike and the new Ribble Azzuro is a Summer version of it, so it's high on my list. That Planet X deal with full Ultegra 11 speed is a mighty deal and I could cycle to work scheme it.  I've fancied a CAAD 10 (or an Evo) for a while too though... or a Giant, Bianchi... etc.. too many to choose from.

I've that Ribble up on Gumtree & FB cyclist buy & sell (not live on gumtree yet)

An S Works as a treat for when u win the lotto! I absolutely love my Bianchi, would love some cosmics for it but no real need for them as I am not racing.