Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

The Gaaboard Strava group aint seeing much action chaps, 2 or 3 regulars and that's about it!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bennydorano on November 16, 2013, 03:15:03 PM
The Gaaboard Strava group aint seeing much action chaps, 2 or 3 regulars and that's about it!

Haven't went out much, need to get some winter gear, Madigans team have been running a novice run the last few Sat mornings but I've had things on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

I'm running at the minute so the bike has been locked in the shed for a while. Been out twice in the last 6 weeks and I'm using a garmin now so haven't used strava in ages. Heading out tomorrow morning though, probably do the bun run up to antrim and back by the lough shore road. In an around 50 mile with only a couple of hills.

When I do this marathon I will be back on the bike full time!! Much easier on the joints and much more enjoyable than running.

Anyone getting any new gear off santa?

Babe Ruth 47

There is a gaa board strava!! I must take a look.

bennydorano

There's a link a few pages back, apparently it was hard to locate.

Jim, i update Strava with my Garmin data, never used strava any other way.

maddog

Getting a few miles in these days on the old hybrid. Out on the old Dawes hybrid with mudguards for the winter and it feels like a tractor with pedals after the road bike. Can't recommend those Cree lights enough for anyone venturing out at night. I got back the other night after an hour and half ride and left them on in the garage they were still burning on full beam 2hrs later and the recharge time is only couple of hours. Shops are selling them around £80 - you can get them off ebay (Chinese imports) for about £25 or £30. 2 seasons out of them now and no problems apart from the stupid rubber rings they give you to fit them to the bars. Why are all lights and computers coming with these rings rather than a fixable bracket? Weather wise we are getting away rightly over here so far in November.

Orior

Any word yet of you taking up golf?

Cycling is wet and windy conditions is not fun, so I go jogging instead.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

bennydorano

Awful soaking & foundering this morning. Golf is shite.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bennydorano on November 17, 2013, 02:51:24 PM

Was down Monaghan/Cavan direction today, some serious headers out in that weather on their bikes, fair play lads, some soaking I'd imagine, though it was mild temp wise
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Babe Ruth 47

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 17, 2013, 08:47:17 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on November 17, 2013, 02:51:24 PM

Was down Monaghan/Cavan direction today, some serious headers out in that weather on their bikes, fair play lads, some soaking I'd imagine, though it was mild temp wise

Could have been me, I was out between 10 and 1, Newbliss, Cootehill, Ballybay, Monaghan, Clones. 75km of utter misery.

Milltown Row2

Aye could have been. Fecking headers :o

maddog

Do none of you just head for the turbo trainer if its lashing ?

Mayo4Sam

Ah you still need to get the long kms in maddog
Turbo is good and essential if you want to improve but theres also a place for low HR longer stuff

Knocked out 90k myself, average heart rate was about 110
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

grounded

Didn't know whether to put this in this thread or the ' hypocrisy of women thread '
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-25000788

If you remember this was the case were she tweeted about knocking a cyclist down, got caught out and then went on BBC to proclaim her innocence and state that she was the victim in all of this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-22636230