Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Looks like Roche is in the leader's jersey in Spain, great stage too.

bennydorano

Quote from: gerry on August 30, 2013, 11:08:14 PM
Just signed up to do this

Southwest 200
Ropey time of year for that Gerry. That's a clinker jersey tho, i'd buy that for my collection, on sale?

gerry

£50 quid for the jersey, they taken orders up to this Friday only
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

WeeDonns

Just a quick reminder of our club cycle this Sunday @9am guys. You can turn up and register on the morning - £15.
Everyone will be well fed & watered during & after

Quote from: WeeDonns on August 05, 2013, 10:28:43 AM
Guys, just in case you're interested, Drumragh Sarsfields are running a 30/60 mile cycle on 8th September through West Tyrone.
Maps and further details below, you can register online for a jersey etc or just turn up on the day and register (no jersey)
https://www.facebook.com/TheCannonballRunSportive
http://regonline.activeeurope.com/builder/site/Default.aspx?EventID=1257146

Joe Brolly is taking part if you'd like to cycle with him, although no cynically taking him out as he passes you over Scraghey, he doesn't like those sort of tactics ;)

The Cannonball Run - 60 Mile Route
Clanabogan – Omagh – Drumlegagh - Drumquin – Castlederg – Edenery - Lisnarick- Irvinestown– Dromore - Clanabogan
The Cannonball Run - 30 Mile Route
Clanabogan – Omagh – Drumlegagh - Drumquin – Dromore – Clanabogan

Orior

Most people accuse me of talking thru my arse - today they are right, as it is my arse talking.

I've had my bike about 3 years now, and according to Strava I've had 19 runs this year, covering 480 mile. Not a lot I know, but you gotta take in age and other pursuits.

My question is this: I've had a gel seat since I got the bike. Should I take the gel seat off now? If I do, what is the benefit of using the ordinary seat?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

bennydorano

Gel seat on a road bike? If you're happy with it why change, probably some aero advantages to be had if you step it up. I've a recurring saddle sore that the road bike saddle certainly isn't helping.

gerry

start to use this a few months ago, great stuff and no need for a gel seat

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/assos-chamois-cream/

LeoMc

Quote from: bennydorano on September 02, 2013, 09:21:00 PM
Gel seat on a road bike? If you're happy with it why change, probably some aero advantages to be had if you step it up. I've a recurring saddle sore that the road bike saddle certainly isn't helping.
Metanium.

bennydorano

Use Sudocream for the sore (& udderly smooth chamois cream), does the job. I got a tube of hydrocortisone for a wasp sting last week, think it's the stuff the pro's use for sores?? Mite slap it on.

Weather looking shite for Causeway, might swerve it now.

Went head over shite at the weekend too, #7 i think :o

Babe Ruth 47

My humble steed, love it, although I will be upgrading the wheels before the year is out.

Babe Ruth 47

Fantastic performance by Roche today, 6th in today's TT, back up to 2nd over all.

gerry

Great ride by nico today, his itt had improved big time since his move to saxobank.  Second on a grand tour.

laoislad

Quote from: Babe Ruth 47 on September 04, 2013, 04:06:17 PM
My humble steed, love it, although I will be upgrading the wheels before the year is out.

That grass could to with a good cut...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Mayo4Sam

And a lick of paint on the fencing wouldnt go astray

What did that set you back BR? (If you dont mind me asking, cyclists usually dont!)
Is it carbon?

And either its very new or you take excellent care of it! The chain ring and cassette are shining
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

gerry

Quote from: laoislad on September 04, 2013, 05:57:14 PM
Quote from: Babe Ruth 47 on September 04, 2013, 04:06:17 PM

Loving bike, great colour