Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog

Quote from: ziggy90 on January 26, 2012, 11:43:05 AM
Quote from: maddog on January 26, 2012, 08:10:24 AM
Quote from: ziggy90 on January 25, 2012, 10:32:06 PM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on January 25, 2012, 10:02:32 PM
Quote from: maddog on January 25, 2012, 09:37:24 PM
Did an hour and a half out in the dark with the lights on, hairy enough once outside of the city lights. As a wearer of glasses, a mixture of dark cloudy night, rain on the glasses, and the wind watering the eyes it was chancy enough. Might go back to the turbo trainer until the bright evenings.

Anyone else bother going out with the lights on ?

Not a chance.  I'll save my trips for the weekend until the longer evenings kick in. 

Do you go out on your own?

He usually starts out with someone but comes home on his own. ;)

A bit like drinking with you...........
Must disagree, I'm usually there a good while after you & if I'm not it's because you have to take me home. :o

Never to be repeated.

orangeman

Quelle surprise !!!

Spain's Alberto Contador was given a two-year ban by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) for failing a dope test during the 2010 Tour de France, the International Cycling Union have confirmed.

Contador, a Tour winner in 2007, 2009 and 2010 who tested positive for the banned anabolic agent clenbuterol, is now set to be stripped of his last title.

ludermor

The ban is backdated to when he was caught so he will be free to race in august!

bennydorano

The US Federal Prosecution of Lance has been silently dropped I see. Hardly be long before someone else has a go. I look forward to reading Walsh &/or McKimmage in the Sunday Times.... not

Bingo

Anyone know where to look about a keenly priced second hand road bike? Brother is looking one for doing a bit of cycling and for using in Duathlons and other multisport races. He's been on Donedeals and been messed about.

Any stores or locations in the north east?

rootthemout

Quote from: Bingo on February 09, 2012, 03:37:33 PM
Anyone know where to look about a keenly priced second hand road bike? Brother is looking one for doing a bit of cycling and for using in Duathlons and other multisport races. He's been on Donedeals and been messed about.

try gumtree.co.uk check out round armagh/newry sure to get something half decent bingo.

Bingo

Quote from: rootthemout on February 09, 2012, 05:20:56 PM
Quote from: Bingo on February 09, 2012, 03:37:33 PM

try gumtree.co.uk check out round armagh/newry sure to get something half decent bingo.

Cheers, will give it a look.

bennydorano

Cavendish wins his 2nd stage in the Tour of Qatar today, makes it look shockingly easy, no sign of a train delivering him to the line either. Very ominous for the rest of the sprinters. Only Griepel will live with him this year.

hassletravel

Heard there is a cycle for the Mark McGovern fund on the 14th of April, anyone know anything about it
why travel direct

gerry

http://www.lakelandcc.co.uk/cycling-589.html.

Not sure the link will work as I am posting from my phone. If you look up lakeland cycle club on facebook you will get details.

Was thinking of doing it along with a few fellows from work, it looks very hilly.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Maguire01

Quote from: gerry on March 10, 2012, 08:42:18 AM

Not sure the link will work as I am posting from my phone. If you look up lakeland cycle club on facebook you will get details.

Was thinking of doing it along with a few fellows from work, it looks very hilly.
Can't find that with the link or on facebook.

gerry

I am away on the beer this weekend so I will look it up when am back on sunday

bennydorano

First big classic of the season on Saturday in Milan- San Remo, Cavendish 3/1 fav, he's been in good enough form this season so far, largely seems to me to be fav because he's stated its a big target of his.  I'm very inclined to have a go on Cancellara at 5/1 who has lost a lot of weight and is absolutely flying (both men have won it previously).  Tom Boonen and Andre Greipel look very good bets at 15/1 apiece, could easily win it.  Gilbert has been sick and is off form, but he's the Classics king, worth watching at 13's as well.

Well done to Wiggins on his Paris-Nice win, could be a big year for him with the 2 TT's on Le Tour (3/1 2nd Fav behind Cadel at 7/4)

gerry

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 10, 2012, 09:31:03 AM

link working now

Maguire01

Quote from: gerry on March 18, 2012, 09:09:05 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on March 10, 2012, 09:31:03 AM

link working now
Looks like a tough enough one - don't think i'm up to those climbs just yet!