Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 18, 2012, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure of any specific events but there's a lot of good climbs round the glens of antrim - if you fancy a real tester I'd try torrhead.
Torr Head was on the longer route of the Giant's Causeway event last year (I only did the shorter route) - but I heard a lot of people had to get off and walk it, even people who were used to doing big distances.

AQMP

A couple of "mates" are trying to talk me into the Wicklow 200.  Anyone here ever done it?

http://www.wicklow200.ie/

Mayo4Sam

I done the distance over some of the route, it's tough going, plenty of climbing but in a big group it should give plenty of recovery in between hills
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

gaa.boy

Im looking to buy a new Boardman road bike. As they are fairly expensive to buy outright, I am considering taking one on HP. Does anyone know of anywhere that sells them on HP?

cavan4sam

What model are you looking to buy? As far as I know Boardman are sold exclusively through Halfords?

bennydorano

Or directly. HP available everywhere, usual finance checks done i'm sure.

maddog

Did an hour and a half out in the dark with the lights on, hairy enough once outside of the city lights. As a wearer of glasses, a mixture of dark cloudy night, rain on the glasses, and the wind watering the eyes it was chancy enough. Might go back to the turbo trainer until the bright evenings.

Anyone else bother going out with the lights on ?

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: maddog on January 25, 2012, 09:37:24 PM
Did an hour and a half out in the dark with the lights on, hairy enough once outside of the city lights. As a wearer of glasses, a mixture of dark cloudy night, rain on the glasses, and the wind watering the eyes it was chancy enough. Might go back to the turbo trainer until the bright evenings.

Not a chance.  I'll save my trips for the weekend until the longer evenings kick in. 

Do you go out on your own?

ziggy90

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on January 25, 2012, 10:02:32 PM

Not a chance.  I'll save my trips for the weekend until the longer evenings kick in. 

He usually starts out with someone but comes home on his own. ;)
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

bennydorano

f**k that carry on md, wouldn't chance that at all.  Turbo is a great calorie burner, got a set of weights & have been using them sporadically while on the TT fairly helps get a sweat going.

Orior

Did that years ago, but only to commute to and from work. Wouldnt have done it outside the city lights though - unless you know every pothole.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

maddog

Quote from: ziggy90 on January 25, 2012, 10:32:06 PM

A bit like drinking with you...........

maddog

No ive another lad with me who turned up last night with this little piddly light on the front - he says i didnt bother putting the new (presumably more powerful) light on as i knew you would have one :o I think i will try contact lenses at least if it rains i'll have half a chance of seeing the road. Roll on the bright evenings.

maddog

Quote from: Orior on January 25, 2012, 11:28:15 PM

Did that years ago, but only to commute to and from work. Wouldnt have done it outside the city lights though - unless you know every pothole.

Would you not think you would have a better chance of being seen out on a dark country roads as opposed to in the city where the glare of car lights often can hide a cyclist until you are nearly on them ? I dont know - i suppose there are pros and cons to both.

ziggy90

Quote from: maddog on January 26, 2012, 08:10:24 AM
Quote from: ziggy90 on January 25, 2012, 10:32:06 PM

A bit like drinking with you...........
Must disagree, I'm usually there a good while after you & if I'm not it's because you have to take me home. :o
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered