Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

What a time for Matic to score his first. 😎

Cunny Funt

Goes to show what good players can do if they work a little harder. Tough luck on Palace but they probably used up most of their energy in the 1st half.

StGallsGAA

De Gea's save at 2-2 was simply outstanding.  Nice comeback result to take into the match against the bin-dippers. 

Milltown Row2

On that first half display Liverpool will be 3 up before the break!

United players would need to take a good look at themselves after that game.

Poor Palace deserved something
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Aren't all of Mourinho games meant to be boring? Manchester City only drew and Chelsea lost in Selhurst park this season while Tottenham won 1-0 with a goal in the 88th so to come back from 2-0 down and win was a very good result. It was mostly Manchester United on the attack against Crystal Palaces defending deep in that 2nd half and in the end the positive approach was rewarded.

Farrandeelin

Winning playing poorly etc.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

magpie seanie

You can't excuse how rank they were for the most of an hour but when the substitutions were made, United started working harder as a team and Palace tired things got much better. I know the goal was late but I think United just about deserved to nick it. Big run of games coming. Lindelof and Pogba were awful..,.Pogba a disgrace again. Can't start him against Liverpool I don't think. That'll be a fast game. Need Martial and Rashford for that one.

screenexile

Are we going to talk about Sanchez?

He gave the ball away 19 times in the first half!!  :o

David McKeown

His stats are crazy poor. Comfortably given the ball away more than my other player in the PL and has feeer assists for tiger Arsenal or Utd this season than Mhkitarayn. Was very excited to see him come but now get very worried if he plays anywhere but through the middle
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

OgraAnDun

This was highlighted before he came. He does give the ball away often but it's generally not from f*cking up an easy pass (last night was a bit of an exception) but from playing a riskier ball that's more likely to open up the defence. We have Mata who is the opposite, he will prioritise retaining posesion and passing sideways or back rather than trying a riskier ball that will open the opposition but might work only once in every four or five balls. I think in games like last night, Sanchez has to realise he needs to stay wide, but I did think he played some nice balls over the top through the middle which just didn't work out as Palace had about 6 men on the esge of the square, so anybody running onto the dinked ball over the top was smothered by at least one defender and/or the keeper immediately.

What a goal from Matic to win it, when I saw him eyeing up the shot my only reaction was 'FFS' but I couldn't have been more wrong!

magpie seanie

Sanchez works his tail off though and always demands possession. I love his urgency and workrate. The goals and assists will come but his end product has been a little disappointing. As I said though, even when he has no end product he works so hard for the team. Part of the reason Palace were juiced last night was because he gave them a lot to deal with all night.

NAG1

A horrid performance last night, but this is one that the players have to take responsibility for, simple ten yard passes going astray not linking the play or taking the right option time and time again.

Credit where it is due JM went with the subs early and rejigged the team which gave them more control of the ball and the ability to build pressure.

I am not sure Alexis as with everyone as to where he fits in the team, his confidence is through the floor and even Neville was questioning what to do with him on MNF last night. Its a strange one.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 06, 2018, 08:56:05 AM
Sanchez works his tail off though and always demands possession. I love his urgency and workrate. The goals and assists will come but his end product has been a little disappointing. As I said though, even when he has no end product he works so hard for the team. Part of the reason Palace were juiced last night was because he gave them a lot to deal with all night.

I agree with that, i did say though at halftime that if Palace can continue with that workrate they'd beat Utd, and only for some serious saves from De gea they would have been sunk. I was wondering why they dont have Mata on more, he's a smarter player than most, and he worked well with Pogba when he did come on, though on that performance (and others) I think Pogba is looking away
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Taylor

Pogba is trying to prove he is a £90m player. Wont do the simple things.

Liverpool could put 3 or 4 goals past this Utd team if they are on form. That defence is terrible

AZOffaly

Quote from: Taylor on March 06, 2018, 09:36:39 AM
Pogba is trying to prove he is a £90m player. Wont do the simple things.

Liverpool could put 3 or 4 goals past this Utd team if they are on form. That defence is terrible

Not a hope. Man United's set up will frustrate Liverpool, and when United attack, they have players who can hurt you. If Liverpool got a draw at OT, I'd be delighted.