Jimmy's No Longer Winning Matches

Started by screenexile, October 04, 2014, 12:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

The money is down on James Horan taking over. 33s into favourite.

mlcollins

moysider

Quote from: mlcollins on October 06, 2014, 09:45:22 PM

get it or are you too stupid like your county team, idiot.

There you go again. You have an issue with an individual and you go insult a whole county - again. And then you get upset when I called you a p***k  ::)

Yeah. a 'stupid' county that you re wonderful team could only beat courtesy of dodgy refereeing and dodgy venue :-*

Why don t you just find like minded people to go and tell yourselves how great you all are?

moysider

Quote from: orangeman on October 06, 2014, 10:03:43 PM

That s crazy!

mlcollins

Quote from: moysider on October 06, 2014, 10:10:55 PM

There you go again. You have an issue with an individual and you go insult a whole county - again. And then you get upset when I called you a p***k  ::)

Yeah. a 'stupid' county that you re wonderful team could only beat courtesy of dodgy refereeing and dodgy venue :-*

Why don t you just find like minded people to go and tell yourselves how great you all are?
You see Moysider that hubris is yere downside, we don't have to tell ourselves how great we are, it's our history, our culture, it is Kerry, one does not have to tell, one is,  but then you wont understand.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: moysider on October 06, 2014, 10:14:46 PM

That s crazy!

The mind boggles. As Tubberman said, he has young children and put a lot of effort into the last 4 years!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

StephenC

moysider

Quote from: mlcollins on October 06, 2014, 10:18:29 PM

You see Moysider that hubris is yere downside, we don't have to tell ourselves how great we are, it's our history, our culture, it is Kerry, one does not have to tell, one is,  but then you wont understand.

I understand perfectly.
You see ye had to tell yourselves how great ye were. Spillane, Jacko etc. trying to convince themselves and others it was the most important win ever ::) What was that about ;D. Looked suspiciously like ye wanted to tell yourselves how great ye are - there wasn t exactly a queue forming from outside Kerry ;D ;D
Looks like  some people in Kerry annoyed that others have not arrived bearing gifts for the new baby king in the kingdom.

mlcollins

Quote from: moysider on October 06, 2014, 10:39:53 PM

I understand perfectly.
You see ye had to tell yourselves how great ye were. Spillane, Jacko etc. trying to convince themselves and others it was the most important win ever ::) What was that about ;D. Looked suspiciously like ye wanted to tell yourselves how great ye are - there wasn t exactly a queue forming from outside Kerry ;D ;D
Looks like  some people in Kerry annoyed that others have not arrived bearing gifts for the new baby king in the kingdom.
Moysider we don't suffer from an inferiority complex, you see all-Ireland no.37 and counting and current champions, we bear our own gifts.

moysider

Quote from: mlcollins on October 06, 2014, 10:49:30 PM
Quote from: moysider on October 06, 2014, 10:39:53 PM

I understand perfectly.
Moysider we don't suffer from an inferiority complex, you see all-Ireland no.37 and counting and current champions, we bear our own gifts.

If ye don t suffer from an inferiority complex, what is all the spin all about?

Pateen invented the term 'puke football' while spitting vitriol after a defeat to Tyrone. 11 years later he had no problem when his own county aped those puke tactics to get another precious AI. Any amount of spin wont disguise what went down this year. But hey ye did nothing wrong! Go and enjoy it. I know I would.

dlgael

Yeah. Little emphasis on the methods Kerry employed to win. But at the end of the day they won it.
Re the thread. Jimmy won 13 Ulster Championship games and lost 1.
He won
3 of 4 Quarter Finals
2 of 3 Semi Finals
1 of 2 All Ireland Finals.

In anyones books that is massive.
Respect to Jim and all who helped him.
Donegal football is in rude health right now.
Ulster should be the immediate goal of his successor.
See no major reason why this team won't continue to challenge at the top table throughout the career of Michael Murphy and perhaps even beyond.

J70

Quote from: dlgael on October 06, 2014, 11:57:20 PM
Yeah. Little emphasis on the methods Kerry employed to win. But at the end of the day they won it.
Re the thread. Jimmy won 13 Ulster Championship games and lost 1.
He won
3 of 4 Quarter Finals
2 of 3 Semi Finals
1 of 2 All Ireland Finals.

In anyones books that is massive.
Respect to Jim and all who helped him.
Donegal football is in rude health right now.
Ulster should be the immediate goal of his successor.
See no major reason why this team won't continue to challenge at the top table throughout the career of Michael Murphy and perhaps even beyond.

Don't forget a penalty against the crossbar away from an U-21 All Ireland. The man is a legend!

McFadden, Toye and Kavanagh will probably retire, but no reason Paddy McBrearty and Martin McElhinney, with Mark McHugh to come back, shouldn't be able to cement first choice places in their absence. Hopefully a couple of those minors will make the step up to the senior squad in the next year or two. We might not feature as regularly in the final four, but we are in a much better place than we were in the years leading up to Jim's appointment.

DuffleKing

You don't think Gallacher will retire J70 - I donn't think Toye will myself

Jinxy

Stick a tenner on Banty lads.
Thank me later.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ck

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 06, 2014, 10:27:06 PM
Quote from: moysider on October 06, 2014, 10:14:46 PM

That s crazy!

The mind boggles. As Tubberman said, he has young children and put a lot of effort into the last 4 years!

There's more chance of me taking over Donegal than James Horan. Such nonsense.
It'll be 2 trick pony himself Martin McHugh who goes for it. He can ensure the return of his prodigal son!
Rory Gallagher will probably be his coach. That's where the wise money will go, only an out and out luther would back Horan!