Donegal v Kerry AIQF

Started by RMDrive, July 28, 2012, 08:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank Casey

Kerry Team unchanged.

1. Brendan Kealy (Kilcummin)
2. Marc Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht) 3. Aidan O'Mahony (Rathmore), 4. Shane Enright (Tarbert)
5. Tomás Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht) 6. Eoin Brosnan (Dr. Crokes) 7. Killian Young (Renard)
8. Anthony Maher (Duagh) 9. Bryan Sheehan (St. Mary's)
10. Paul Galvin (Finuge) 11. Declan O'Sullivan (Piarsaigh Na Dromada) 12. Donnchadh Walsh (Cromane)
13. James O'Donoghue, (Killarney Legion) 14. Colm Cooper (Dr. Crokes) 15. Kieran Donaghy (Austin Stacks)

Substitutes:
16. Brian Kelly (Killarney Legion) 17. Brian Maguire (Listowel Emmet's)
18. Darran O'Sullivan (Glenbeigh/Glencar) 19. Peter Crowley (Laune Rangers)
20. Kieran O'Leary (Dr Crokes) 21. Johnny Buckley (Dr Crokes)
22. Patrick Curtin (Moyvane) 23. Jonathan Lyne (Killarney Legion)
24. Seamus Scanlon (Currow) 25. Barry John Keane (Kerins O'Rahilly's)
26. Fionn Fitzgerald (Dr Crokes) 27. Michael Geaney (Daingean Uí Chúis)
KERRY 3:7

saffron sam2

Quote from: mlcollins on August 02, 2012, 07:20:07 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on August 02, 2012, 05:20:09 PM
Ten years ago such a match would have been a foregone conclusion; all a Kerry man had to do was shout "Remember Drumboe" and that stirring call to arms would have been enough to raise sufficient fire in the belly to prevail.

Now games are won and lost neither by fire in the belly nor by having better players. They are won by those on the line and because of that (as with 03, 05 and 08) Kerry will come up short. Donegal are better prepared and have a better system than Kerry. I have yet to hear anyone asking what Donegal will have to do to beat Kerry; it is the Kingdom who have to change to be successful.

Look to at the recent records: Donegal have beaten (an admittedly mediocre) Tyrone in successive championship matches and celebrated as if someone had knocked down and killed the family cat; Kerry have never to my knowledge managed this feat and celebrate a facile single win as if it was their biggest ever win. Which, in a way, it was.

Look too at the flaws in the Kerry team; the O Ses and O'Mahony don't have the legs, Enright or O'Donoghue the experience, Young the form, Brosnan the confidence of his manager, the midfield neither mobility nor Darragh, Galvin and Donaghy the discipline, Gooch will choke. Which really only leaves Declan O'Sullivan and that won't be enough.

Donegal will win and cover the handicap.

Daly, Enright and Sullivan deserve a more peaceful rest.

What a piece of unmitigated garbage from surprise,surprise a NORDIE and imagine one of those nordies from a multi winning all-ireland county LOL,  ::)  ,As for the kerrygold add above,i'm still laughing,posted by a mayo poster and its first riposte by a langer,hillarious stuff,you couldn't write it, from the two biggest chokers in the game.

Is that it?

Apart the obligatory free dig at Gooch, I would stand over everything in my post. Where is the garbage?
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

saffron sam2

Quote from: Keane on August 02, 2012, 07:28:29 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on August 02, 2012, 06:12:15 PM
A very random post there Keane.

Rule 2. Always quote the post you're referring to.

Nice to give people a chance to correct their errors.

Makes it pretty obvious when the post directly above yours has an edit in it regardless, I imagine most suspect something fairly dumb must have been said to warrant such a move.

Most on here know I have no interest in gambling and therefore limited knowledge of correct terminology. Not a major fcuk up, but thanks for the opportunity to correct it.

mlcollins

Quote from: CorkMan on August 02, 2012, 08:59:26 PM
As for the kerrygold add above,i'm still laughing,posted by a mayo poster and its first riposte by a langer,hillarious stuff,you couldn't write it, from the two biggest chokers in the game.

Better a choker than an absoloute gobshite who lacks a sense of humour.

Contradicting your self there CHOKER.

mlcollins

Quote from: saffron sam2 on August 02, 2012, 09:06:50 PM
Ten years ago such a match would have been a foregone conclusion; all a Kerry man had to do was shout "Remember Drumboe" and that stirring call to arms would have been enough to raise sufficient fire in the belly to prevail.

Now games are won and lost neither by fire in the belly nor by having better players. They are won by those on the line and because of that (as with 03, 05 and 08) Kerry will come up short. Donegal are better prepared and have a better system than Kerry. I have yet to hear anyone asking what Donegal will have to do to beat Kerry; it is the Kingdom who have to change to be successful.

Look to at the recent records: Donegal have beaten (an admittedly mediocre) Tyrone in successive championship matches and celebrated as if someone had knocked down and killed the family cat; Kerry have never to my knowledge managed this feat and celebrate a facile single win as if it was their biggest ever win. Which, in a way, it was.

Look too at the flaws in the Kerry team; the O Ses and O'Mahony don't have the legs, Enright or O'Donoghue the experience, Young the form, Brosnan the confidence of his manager, the midfield neither mobility nor Darragh, Galvin and Donaghy the discipline, Gooch will choke. Which really only leaves Declan O'Sullivan and that won't be enough.

What a piece of unmitigated garbage from surprise,surprise a NORDIE and imagine one of those nordies from a multi winning all-ireland county LOL,  ::)  ,As for the kerrygold add above,i'm still laughing,posted by a mayo poster and its first riposte by a langer,hillarious stuff,you couldn't write it, from the two biggest chokers in the game.

Is that it?

Apart the obligatory free dig at Gooch, I would stand over everything in my post. Where is the garbage?

"Is that it?"

What a patronising cretin.

"Obligatory free dig at gooch"

What a bigoted cretin.

CorkMan

Quote from: mlcollins on August 02, 2012, 09:27:23 PM
As for the kerrygold add above,i'm still laughing,posted by a mayo poster and its first riposte by a langer,hillarious stuff,you couldn't write it, from the two biggest chokers in the game.

Where?

mlcollins

Quote from: CorkMan on August 02, 2012, 09:35:17 PM

I already stated ye were chokers which you in your own way acknowledged but no way are you humerous,there highlights the contradiction ,where my post was somewhat sardonic. Look it up in the dictionary and while your at it look up humour as well.

Where?

Farrandeelin

Jesus, you Kerry folk are fierce touchy altogether.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

saffron sam2

Quote from: mlcollins on August 02, 2012, 09:32:27 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on August 02, 2012, 09:06:50 PM

Is that it?

"Is that it?"

What a patronising cretin.

"Obligatory free dig at gooch"

What a bigoted cretin.

Can I take it that you are either not, or incapable of, debating the merits of the current Kerry team?

CorkMan

Quote from: mlcollins on August 02, 2012, 09:44:49 PM
Quote from: CorkMan on August 02, 2012, 09:35:17 PM

I already stated ye were chokers which you in your own way acknowledged but no way are you humerous,there highlights the contradiction ,where my post was somewhat sardonic. Look it up in the dictionary and while your at it look up humour as well.

Where?

Never acknowleged we were chokers. Just stated that I'd prefer to be a choker than be a tool of your level.

mlcollins

Saffron,is it not obvious by my post that i refute your ramblings,ok,ok, apart from your assertion about galvin of which i should have inserted in my last post but i was generalising.

Corkman or is that a misnomer,is there a correlation between lack of humour and tool or is it a cork thing.you have a varied vocab i see,gobshite and tool, soooooooo impresive,me soooooo hurt  :'(  8).

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: mlcollins on August 02, 2012, 10:32:24 PM
Saffron,is it not obvious by my post that i refute your ramblings,ok,ok, apart from your assertion about galvin of which i should have inserted in my last post but i was generalising.

Corkman or is that a misnomer,is there a correlation between lack of humour and tool or is it a cork thing.you have a varied vocab i see,gobshite and tool, soooooooo impresive,me soooooo hurt  :'(  8).

At least the Corkman can use correct spacing when he types.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

saffron sam2

Wasn't obvious no, but you're getting more coherent, which is nice.

I would prefer that Kerry see off Donegal, but I am not at all confident. A thoroughly intriguing game, I might even head down.

The link below is much better than any Kerry song I've ever heard.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KZEoIMy5rQY

mlcollins

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 02, 2012, 10:36:40 PM

At least the Corkman can use correct spacing when he types.

If i was you i'd concentrate on your own team of chokers, in fairness ye will still have one more match after the weekend, then as usual ye'll have yere asses handed to ye on a plate.