Allianz Football League 2017 - Division 3

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 15, 2016, 02:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyroanAbu

The reason Laois are crap in my opinion is we tend to pick footballers rather than grafters.   We tend to focus on the ball in hand rather than whats going on off it.   I don't think we have an all Ireland winning team, but it would not be too hard to get to the level of Fermanagh/Monaghan or Tipperary.  We consistently pick our players like its a computer game rather than a game of chasing, dragging and pulling.  I am pretty sure we are facing 2 defeats out of the next 3, I will be called negative but at the moment that's how it is.  Until the county board give up on this idea of pretty football and concentrate on where big gains can be made.

Butch Cassidy

We have some great footballers but they all need to up the work rate. What makes Kilkenny hurlers and Dublin footballers so good is the work rate they all put in. Last Saturday against Louth wasnt good enough and unless the intensity is raised 20-30% we're in for a bad afternoon in Armagh.

Don Draper

10 years ago we were producing too many small skillful footballers.

3 years ago we had too many tall athletic types without basic skills.

Now we are producing too many small skillful footballers.

I think we need Abortions for some, miniature American flags for others.

BallyroanAbu

No the actual charge 10 years ago was that we had no size possibly true as muscle mass and size were a bigger factor back then, now its probably speed and work rate and we are poor in both.  Say what you want but Armagh -2 on Sat is a gift,   I have had a problem with Laois Football for a while.  Until we decide to get serious about winning we will continue to be poor.  Serious about winning is a multi layered approach but at Senior, Development and most Importantly Board Level.   We need to wake up to the fact that we are on a path to our lowest level in 25 years that cannot be solved by managerial change the problem is much deeper.   

ILikeStrawberryJam

We are simply not producing enough good footballers. No outfield starter from Portlaoise on Saturday.
Was there even a thousand people there on Saturday.it will fall back to the hundreds for the next home match.
Yet you look at monaghan and they are competing at the top tier from a county with a pop of 60k.

We need a long term plan and hopefully Creedon is the man with the know how to deliver it but the likely
hood is things will get worse before they get better. Hard to keep lads interested as we struggle in the lower divisions playing in front of tiny crowds.

Agree ballyroanabu armagh -2 looks a steal ..

Butch Cassidy

What structures have Monaghan in place that has them successful?

Laois problem is the county is split 50/50 in terms of football and hurling and on top of that half the population is in Portlaoise and there's only 1 club there

Laoisguy

Quote from: Butch Cassidy on February 09, 2017, 12:41:30 PM
What structures have Monaghan in place that has them successful?

Laois problem is the county is split 50/50 in terms of football and hurling and on top of that half the population is in Portlaoise and there's only 1 club there

Agree totally with Butch.......Not enough quality out of our major towns also.....Portlaoise have slipped a bit,Portarlington,Mountmellick

town1980

creedon is not the man im hearing that they have changed the way there training now for me thats some loada bull,,,again i dont think laois are tactally aware at the minute and a few bad results are gona kill this side,,timmomn n quigley are a good bit away as is carroll,,all above no winter training done,,i hope im totally wrong but my gut says  im not,,i think theres plenty in every county but its all application and your willingness to go that extra bit hits tackles unselfish runs but at the min were showing none of the above,,we drew with meath in stradbally everyone says we were flying,,louth thrashed them as did kildare so lads were way off at the minute

Laoiseabu

People are saying we are going to lose our next two games to Armagh and Tipp after that it's Sligo away I think that will be just as tough and you wouldn't think it 4 games no points in division 3 my prediction

Laoiseabu

Antrim away is a tough one Longford at home is winnable Offaly are shite but you can be sure they will rise it for Laois in tullamore

redsetanta

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Unlaoised

I think Saturday night will be hard but after that I think we will have a good chance of taking points off teams.

Lets hope the "Laois always rise it again Armagh"factor comes into play again next Saturday night and we get a win against the odds.

We ain't as bad as people are making out!
LAOIS ABÚ

Laoiseabu

Any chance of a lift to Armagh anyone goin , bus , train etc

Unlaoised

I'm going but I will be going early and visiting relations up there first so I'm no good to you!
LAOIS ABÚ

steven seagal

QuoteI think Saturday night will be hard but after that I think we will have a good chance of taking points off teams.

QuoteI'm going but I will be going early

Bloody right you're going early, the match is on Sunday  :D