China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

I see the tracing app is now live. I downloaded it this morning.
https://www.covidtracker.ie/
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

imtommygunn

Quote from: johnnycool on July 07, 2020, 09:47:17 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 06, 2020, 07:56:21 PM
25 cases in the north this past week. Reading round they seem to reckon there's a cluster of them in crossgar.

It was reported initially as County Down but I just don't get why they don't be more specific if they have that information as it may help people in that area to be more vigilant..

Yeah they just panic people. A friend of mine lives round that area and says the "cluster" is from a house party in crossgar. That reporting would panic people anywhere in down.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 07, 2020, 10:15:00 AM
25 cases in the north this past week. Reading round they seem to reckon there's a cluster of them in crossgar.

It was reported initially as County Down but I just don't get why they don't be more specific if they have that information as it may help people in that area to be more vigilant..

Yeah they just panic people. A friend of mine lives round that area and says the "cluster" is from a house party in crossgar. That reporting would panic people anywhere in down.

Alot of modern reporting is based on this now, for clicks and views unfortunately.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-pubs-close-again-after-punters-test-positive-for-covid-19-12022747

"Pubs close again"....3, the rest are ok.

armaghniac

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on July 07, 2020, 10:26:59 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 07, 2020, 10:15:00 AM

Alot of modern reporting is based on this now, for clicks and views unfortunately.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-pubs-close-again-after-punters-test-positive-for-covid-19-12022747

"Pubs close again"....3, the rest are ok.

Most of these reports are quite informative, but the headline writer sticks something misleading on top, partly to get sensational headlines but also to cut the number of words.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

In fact ballynahinch has a cluster too. Must be all the swinging down round those parts ;D

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 07, 2020, 11:59:03 AM
In fact ballynahinch has a cluster too. Must be all the swinging down round those parts ;D

Dont think Covid-19 would even hang around to long in Ballynahinch!

armaghniac

five points

Someone doesn't like people going to bars...

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: five points on July 07, 2020, 12:54:40 PM
Someone doesn't like people going to bars...

Or organised religion.....

Should have slipped in Mexicans creeping under our wall at 9 too for full effect.

J70

When even Texas doctors are conceding that bars and large religious gatherings are hot spots for spread...

armaghniac

In South Korea, churches, bars and dodgy nightclubs have been important modes of transmission, so they are not far off the mark.

Also some of these depend on the particular conditions, going to someone else's house is one risk when they live alone, work from home and don't go to bars. It is another risk if they live with three people who work in supermarkets, drive a bus and work in a bar.

Perhaps these apps should score your risk based on the number of people you have been in contact with.

lurganblue

And there was me thinking filling stations were the devil, along with supermarkets.

five points

If supermarkets and filling stations were serious infection risks, the thing would be still running rampant.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM