China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smurfy123

Ross coming out with that line
Very predictable
Try telling that too zzzzzz
Try telling the lockdown wasn't needed to the young and healthy who have now lost jobs businesses lives and much more

thewobbler

Quote from: trailer on July 05, 2020, 07:08:44 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 05, 2020, 05:46:51 PM
Try telling that to someone who spent 2 or 3 weeks on a ventilator in an induced coma and who is suffering ongoing blood clots, fatigue etc since they recovered and got home.

Yawn

It is a rather tedious response. While every death is regrettable, sadly it is the only guaranteed outcome from living. Mother nature  and random chance spent millenia finding ways to kill us off before our time, and almost every advance in technology has increased our potential for an early ending.

Covid 19, as things stands, is another string to death's bow. It is real and it's clearly an absolute bastard if you have a weak respiratory system. But it is also extremely inefficient at killing the majority of people it infects.

Pointing this out should not see me described as a Covid denier. It clearly exists. But its context is just not a severe as initially claimed, not even close.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Smurfy123 on July 05, 2020, 07:19:47 PM
Ross coming out with that line
Very predictable
Try telling that too zzzzzz
Try telling the lockdown wasn't needed to the young and healthy who have now lost jobs businesses lives and much more

A family member is a doctor and works with covid patients (also had covid), i relayed some of your posts to her and whats she thinks of you i couldn't post on here, put mildly she shares none of your opinions.

Smurfy123

My thoughts that I said I didn't think it was as bad a virus that many were making out ?
Saying that they should have ring fenced all care homes
Saying that all the elderly and vulnerable with underlying issues should have shielded
Saying that school kids should have went back in late May to get 6 weeks before the schools closed for the summer
Sayin that the teachers union were very negative when Swann came out and said he wanted all kids back in September? I said that schools needed to work things and be positive after that statement
Saying that Swann was so badly off with his prediction of 15000 deaths
Now you tell me what is so wrong with my opinions. Opinions

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Smurfy123 on July 05, 2020, 09:05:59 PM
My thoughts that I said I didn't think it was as bad a virus that many were making out ?
Saying that all the elderly and vulnerable with underlying issues should have shielded
Saying that school kids should have went back in late May to get 6 weeks before the schools closed for the summer
Sayin that the teachers union were very negative when Swann came out and said he wanted all kids back in September? I said that schools needed to work things and be positive after that statement

you seem to fail to understand modelling and how it works... i dont know many other viruses that have been worst. you seem to fail to understand how the preventative measures taken worked. You didnt appear to understand the difference between someone saying there was an increased potential of something happening and something actually happening. i.e. lack of social distancing = increased chance of covid in a couple of weeks.. if no increase in cases then the person making the prediction doesnt know what they were talking about.

I dont think many, if anyone on here was arguing against protecting vulnerable people.

if schools were open, the possibilty of covid spreading increases (transport staff, transport staff familes, childcare, teachers, teachers spouses, colleagues of people who work with  teachers spouses and so on) and the chances of protecting vulnerable people reduces, hospitals are under more pressure and more people die.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on July 05, 2020, 09:05:59 PM

You knew all this and didn't tell WHO?

Smurphy, king of hindsight  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Smurfy123

So what is the issue with my comments on here that your relative doctor doesn't agree with?
The reopening of schools? Denmark reopened on April 14 with no affects. None. Zilch Zero
Sweden didn't lockdown and they are declining like everywhere else. Sweden had a total of 755 confirmed cases a day last week with 4 needing hospital treatment.
I said we were told that lockdown was to slow the curve no stop it. Does your relative doctor want no cases? What have I said that is my own opinion that would annoy this doctor? I don't get it
Hindsight you say? Hindsight?
No the fact that most European countries were about 4 weeks ahead of us so I seen what was happening. No hindsight it was happening in front of us

LeoMc

Reports coming out of Texas that the virus is evolving to improve its transmission.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/amp/coronavirus-evidence-growing-houston-strain-mutant-15386157.php

Spanish flu second wave was the deadly one.

armaghniac

Sweden is no example to anyone, their cases are increasing.
Coronavirus do not change as quickly as flu, but this may be moving towards easier to transmit but less deadly.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Smurfy123

And finally my point proven. Sweden's cases going up. Deaths down to single digits and 5 hospitalised on average of 1000 people catching it
So why didn't we send kids back to school even though this was known 6 weeks ago.
Look around lads
Take of the masks

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Smurfy123 on July 05, 2020, 10:36:43 PM
So what is the issue with my comments on here that your relative doctor doesn't agree with?
The reopening of schools? Denmark reopened on April 14 with no affects. None. Zilch Zero
Sweden didn't lockdown and they are declining like everywhere else. Sweden had a total of 755 confirmed cases a day last week with 4 needing hospital treatment.
I said we were told that lockdown was to slow the curve no stop it. Does your relative doctor want no cases? What have I said that is my own opinion that would annoy this doctor? I don't get it
Hindsight you say? Hindsight?
No the fact that most European countries were about 4 weeks ahead of us so I seen what was happening. No hindsight it was happening in front of us

pretty much everything i showed them.... its an old persons disease particularly, your inability to understand what i posted above..

i am not getting into this country and that country because depending on the different measures and timing of those measure etc. and social adherence etc. it differs.

yes, my relative wants zero cases i assume everyone wants that. i and i assume they dont know when the optimal time to open up everything again was/is but over the last few months when covid was much more prevalent i anyway disagreed with your opinions.

Smurfy123

And does it not effects  the elderly more than anyone?
What part of that but didn't they like? I say it as I see it. The facts show that it effects the elderly more than anyone else
Do what do you and your doctor relative say about 2009/10 where we had more influenza deaths in that year up to July than this year?

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Smurfy123 on July 05, 2020, 11:13:18 PM
And does it not effects  the elderly more than anyone?
What part of that but didn't they like? I say it as I see it. The facts show that it effects the elderly more than anyone else
Do what do you and your doctor relative say about 2009/10 where we had more influenza deaths in that year up to July than this year?

I dont know what my relative has to say about that. I dont remember 3 months of wordwide preventative measures in 2009/10...

everyone can get it... older people are more at risk of dying if they get it. i knew a 32/33 yr old who passed away in early April from Covid who only 2 weeks previous was looking forward to a session on st patricks day.  Cancer is not called an old person disease it doesnt discriminate on age either but older people are more likely to get it. most things effect the elderly more...

Smurfy123

That's my point it didn't lockdown in 2009/10
Why not?
Median age for cancer is 61 hardly old.
Still don't know what exactly your doctor relative doesn't agree with what I have said?
You said about it only effects the old i said it's a virus that generally does effect the elderly
What does the doctor relative but agree with? What am I missing here? Does it effect younger people more?

Milltown Row2

Smurphy is Covid dangerous? Can it kill? Will it continue to kill older people? Do children contract it and able to pass it on to others? Do you not care about old people? Will teachers get a better pay rise next year due to the hardship they've been Through these past few months? Did less people die because of lockdown? Are you a funeral director wanting all restrictions lifted?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea