Laois U20 Championship

Started by The Monument Road, October 06, 2019, 11:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The PRO

Quote from: Jd on November 04, 2019, 02:14:50 PM
Anyone at matches over the weekend ?? Is last 4 set in store I presume it's Portlaoise O Dempsey's Portarlington and Courtwood. Ballyroan must be disappointed I see they only lost to courtwood by a point. Are Portlaoise favourites for this or would Portarlington be
Port v Portlaoise
Courtwood Emo v O'Dempseys
That's the semi final line up.

Silkyskillssunshinee

Anyone at matches over the weekend ?? Is last 4 set in store I presume it's Portlaoise O Dempsey's Portarlington and Courtwood. Ballyroan must be disappointed I see they only lost to courtwood by a point. Are Portlaoise favourites for this or would Portarlington be

I'd imagine Ballyroan are fairly disappointed. The first day out I think they had to play with 14 players because their minors were playing in the county final. Now they only lost to Courtwood by a point.

I'd expect Courtwood to beat O'Dempsey's. The other semi could be a good game. I'll go with Portlaoise to edge it.

Laoiseabu

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on November 04, 2019, 02:48:26 PM

I'd imagine Ballyroan are fairly disappointed. The first day out I think they had to play with 14 players because their minors were playing in the county final. Now they only lost to Courtwood by a point.

I'd expect Courtwood to beat O'Dempsey's. The other semi could be a good game. I'll go with Portlaoise to edge it.
Why does everyone call them Courtwood ?😂😂😂 it's courtwood/Emo . Is there some Emo lads not commiting or what ?

The PRO

Quote from: Laoiseabu on November 04, 2019, 02:52:05 PM
Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on November 04, 2019, 02:48:26 PM

Why does everyone call them Courtwood ?😂😂😂 it's courtwood/Emo . Is there some Emo lads not commiting or what ?

😄 I gave them their full title above anyway!! Courtwood Emo in under 20 and Emo Courtwood in under 17 is how it's arranged.

Jd

Apologies just keeping it short. Think I may have referred to O Dempsey's as o Ds before and Stradbally parish gaels as Stradbally and even the minor team as Emo so obviously no offense intended

Jd

Took a stroll up to the mill field on Saturday . Courtwood Emo made bits of O Dempsey's I half expected a competitive match but this was terrible ce took off half their team at half time  or just after but the match was over after 20 mins. Port v Portlaoise should be a tight affair with I think port just shading it. Haven't seen Portlaoise but they have a few lads with senior medals in their pockets so won't be too bad

Neutralobserver

no surprise to see courtwood emo here in the final as we did predict them strong from the start. i fancy them to go on a win it now. it would be a good year for them if they did and also the future is bright following their minor success.

both them and rosenallis with the quality of young players are ones to watch for the future

SCFC

Quote from: Neutralobserver on November 11, 2019, 02:14:51 PM
both them and rosenallis with the quality of young players are ones to watch for the future
Port and Ballyroan Abbey too.

Laoiseabu

Quote from: SCFC on November 11, 2019, 07:03:46 PM
Quote from: Neutralobserver on November 11, 2019, 02:14:51 PM
Port and Ballyroan Abbey too.
And St Joseph's 😊

The PRO

I was at the B semi final last night. Not a bad game. Clonaslee won handy in the end but Na Fianna Og missed a few brilliant goal chances so it could have been a lot different.
Doesn't bode well for Crettyard, Barrowhouse and the two Arles teams that they only had 17 players between them and got beaten by a standalone intermediate club.
Not too many standout players to be honest. Centre forward for NFO was very good but had no help.

Silkyskillssunshinee

Quote from: The PRO on November 16, 2019, 08:13:33 PM
I was at the B semi final last night. Not a bad game. Clonaslee won handy in the end but Na Fianna Og missed a few brilliant goal chances so it could have been a lot different.
Doesn't bode well for Crettyard, Barrowhouse and the two Arles teams that they only had 17 players between them and got beaten by a standalone intermediate club.
Not too many standout players to be honest. Centre forward for NFO was very good but had no help.

It will certainly be difficult for the two Arles clubs to survive much longer at Senior level anyway. Clonaslee on the other hand will probably go in as favourites to win the Intermediate next year.

Jd

Has the other A semi been down payed yet

SCFC

Jd

WOW typo alert
Has the other A semi final been played yet it was down for Wednesday but a lot of stuff was called off due to weather alert

Silkyskillssunshinee

Quote from: Jd on November 18, 2019, 01:54:18 PM
WOW typo alert
Has the other A semi final been played yet it was down for Wednesday but a lot of stuff was called off due to weather alert

It's down to be played the day after the Portlaoise Seniors play in Leinster. Can't imagine Portlaoise must be too happy with the arrangement.