Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: spuds on April 14, 2019, 01:48:42 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on April 14, 2019, 01:34:50 PM
Quote from: hardstation on April 14, 2019, 01:30:05 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on April 14, 2019, 11:59:27 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 14, 2019, 10:50:31 AM
I'm sure Brigín/Kimmage will be along shortly to suggest that Duffy/Browne  were much worse.......
You do understand that claiming I'm Paul Kimmage makes you look special needs?

Is there any reason why you continually make reference to special needs?
Catch a grip of yourself ffs.

How else do you respond to a post with that level of stupidity? He shows all the hallmarks of being on the spectrum.

Or put another way, if Rainmam is happy to dish it out...
You regularly provide entertainment here claiming to be something you clearly are not and attempt to take a position of superiority but your calling other posters as "special needs" is just not on. The fact you persevere does not reflect well on you.

I would focus more on the equating of special needs with stupidity. Redolent  of 'Shamrock Rovers Ultras'. Are we dealing with a reincarnation of dublinfella?

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Rossfan on April 14, 2019, 01:44:49 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on April 14, 2019, 01:34:50 PM
Quote from: hardstation on April 14, 2019, 01:30:05 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on April 14, 2019, 11:59:27 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 14, 2019, 10:50:31 AM
I'm sure Brigín/Kimmage will be along shortly to suggest that Duffy/Browne  were much worse.......
You do understand that claiming I'm Paul Kimmage makes you look special needs?

Is there any reason why you continually make reference to special needs?
Catch a grip of yourself ffs.

How else do you respond to a post with that level of stupidity? He shows all the hallmarks of being on the spectrum.

Or put another way, if Rainmam is happy to dish it out...
Continually trying to deflect justified criticism of soccer by raising innuendos against the GAA.......
Time you moved on from the "Gah bad" mindset so beloved of so many of the Irish soccer fraternity.

But I havent fonr that, have I....? Rainman creates a strawman.

Baile Brigín 2

Indo running with a very strong story about a protected disclosure around charities. Not much substance but its getting serious now.

trailer

This whole issue has tarnished Soccer forever. It seems rotten to the core. Aside from the number of clubs folding and leaving significant debt, the association in charge seems to be the biggest culprit. It's not so much financial mismanagement, it's a deliberate use of the money to line their own pockets. There can be no doubt that lots of people are only involved for the money, much like the players are nowadays.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: trailer on April 15, 2019, 08:56:34 AM
This whole issue has tarnished Soccer forever. It seems rotten to the core. Aside from the number of clubs folding and leaving significant debt, the association in charge seems to be the biggest culprit. It's not so much financial mismanagement, it's a deliberate use of the money to line their own pockets. There can be no doubt that lots of people are only involved for the money, much like the players are nowadays.

Has the clubs folding thing not stopped?

mrdeeds

Quote from: trailer on April 15, 2019, 08:56:34 AM
Is this not an Ireland wide issue?

The FAI at the top was always rotten going back to 66 WC qualification and agreeing to play in Paris for money.

thejuice

Just catching up on the John Delaney thing. He's perhaps the underlying reason why I stopped caring about Irish football. It became abundantly clear after Saipan that it was a complete waste of time following the team as it was hampered from the beginning. The organization that was supposed to be promoting the team wasn't serious at all. The level of corruption and hypocrisy of the man is at times staggering but for the most part not at all that surprising. I don't know how he could justify it to his colleagues let alone himself what he thought he could award himself with while teams struggled for funds, while staff took pay cuts, retired staff losing pensions. Absolutely disgusting.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

AZOffaly

Delaney wasn't in charge for Saipan was he? I thought he took over in 2005?

thejuice

He was in the FAI already but not at the head of it. Either way it has long appeared to me that those that run the FAI are either incompetent or corrupted. Its not a serious organization and Ireland isn't a serious footballing country despite the high levels of interest there is in the game as a form of entertainment and our national team will never amount to anything for the foreseeable future. Happy to be proven wrong of course but I doubt it.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: thejuice on April 18, 2019, 02:05:54 AM
He was in the FAI already but not at the head of it. Either way it has long appeared to me that those that run the FAI are either incompetent or corrupted. Its not a serious organization and Ireland isn't a serious footballing country despite the high levels of interest there is in the game as a form of entertainment and our national team will never amount to anything for the foreseeable future. Happy to be proven wrong of course but I doubt it.
Soccer has twice the playing numbers of Gaelic games. I'd hate to see playing numbers if they ever did get serious...

imtommygunn

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on April 18, 2019, 03:40:16 AM
Soccer has twice the playing numbers of Gaelic games. I'd hate to see playing numbers if they ever did get serious...

At what level? Every level? Adult level? If you're right fair enough but I'd be surprised if that were true? Where does that stat come from? Are we talking 26 counties or 32 counties?

Crete Boom

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/0510/962502-report-shows-decline-in-numbers-playing-soccer/

This Sport Ireland report shows soccer as the 5th most popular participation  sport in Ireland in 2017 with Gaelic football  8th and Hurling 12th.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 18, 2019, 08:59:00 AM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on April 18, 2019, 03:40:16 AM

At what level? Every level? Adult level? If you're right fair enough but I'd be surprised if that were true? Where does that stat come from? Are we talking 26 counties or 32 counties?

Every level and 26. CSO/Sport Ireland

There is a very foolish notion out there that their grassroots isnt massively improved over the last decade.

Rossfan

Back in 1990 after the 26 Co team "won" the Soccer World Cup an excited  Athlone soccer bigot told me "Gah" was finished and no one would be playing or watching it in 15/20  years.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

Quote from: Rossfan on April 18, 2019, 07:30:36 PM
Back in 1990 after the 26 Co team "won" the Soccer World Cup an excited  Athlone soccer bigot told me "Gah" was finished and no one would be playing or watching it in 15/20  years.

He wasn't wrong if he was talking about the Leinster Championship!  ;)