Commonwealth Games

Started by Orior, April 05, 2018, 01:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

England have won six gold medals on Day One.

This means that, of all the countries which England invaded as part of their empire building project, none of them can run or swim as quick as the english. Hurrah!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

AZOffaly

Quote from: Orior on April 05, 2018, 01:44:21 PM

This means that, of all the countries which England invaded as part of their empire building project, none of them can run or swim as quick as the english. Hurrah!

If they could, they wouldn't have been invaded :)

vallankumous

They weren't all invaded, some were happily discovered.

Hardy

Quote from: vallankumous on April 05, 2018, 01:50:12 PM

They weren't all invaded, some were happily discovered.

And the locals unhappily discovered what happens when you're discovered.

vallankumous

Quote from: Hardy on April 05, 2018, 02:07:41 PM

And the locals unhappily discovered what happens when you're discovered.

That was later, at that time they didn't know they'd been discovered, savages.

Milltown Row2

Had Ireland been able to count to ten back then, it also would have invaded other lands, but we much prefered to be invaded
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 05, 2018, 02:25:54 PM
Had Ireland been able to count to ten back then, it also would have invaded other lands, but we much prefered to be invaded
And still do.

Orior

And a descendant of a native who had his land confiscated in 1610 (Ochaidh O'Hanlon, Lord of Orior), led the northern Irish team on their parade. That's cause we don't hold grudges in Armagh :-)

tiempo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 05, 2018, 02:25:54 PM

There was that one time... www.ballinagree.freeservers.com/fenianscan.html

Great bunch o lads.

BennyCake

I'm having nothing to do with their British Empire Games.

Feather-strutting Brits trying to show how many places in the world they fcuked over and enslaved. No thanks.

Rossfan

So what do you think of County footballers partaking in a "Northern Ireland" team?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on April 05, 2018, 03:53:19 PM
I'm having nothing to do with their British Empire Games.

Feather-strutting Brits trying to show how many places in the world they fcuked over and enslaved. No thanks.

Look its a tournament, Brits have been trying to strut their stuff for years and that wont change, but for some of these local grown competitors this is a fantastic event that may lead to bigger and better things or just to have a great expeirence, competing against world champions might not happen for these people, so I wouldnt dish these games.

But I understand peoples feelings for all things Britian but its a tad boring
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orior

For those who participate its a useful stepping stone to perhaps bigger things.

Like most of our baxers came through that route, so they did.

BennyCake

I've no bother for someone to use it as a stepping stone to better things or a professional career. I wouldn't criticise anyone personally for representing Norn Iron. It's just not my thing, and I won't be watching any of it.

gallsman

Thanks for taking the time to let everyone know.

We have close family friends on the netball team so will be watching and supporting where possible. Will have to scold myself for the quasi endorsement of global British tyranny.