Another Bradley twist

Started by fer fox ache, May 31, 2007, 04:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus Marillius

Bradley is now in a worst position than he was before. The DRA decesion means that he still has to serve a suspension, he did not get off.

Springfield

I do not think that the situation will arise that PB togs out/plays on sunday and then gets suspended after it.
This will not happen. By all accounts, M Convery is spouting all the threats without the backing of hardly any/if even any of the refs

Louper

PB isnt on the panel for sunday

Springfield

im only guessing but id say that panel was named tue nite before he was available.

Louper

Quote from: Springfield on June 01, 2007, 09:11:59 AM
im only guessing but id say that panel was named tue nite before he was available.

u could be right.  Derry: B Gillis, M McGoldrick, K McCloy (c), G O'Kane, P Cartin, S M Lockhart, C McKeever, F Doherty, J Conway, B McGoldrick, C Gilligan, J Diver, R Wilkinson, E Muldoon, M Lynch.

what does everybody think of the team?

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: Bogball XV on May 31, 2007, 09:12:28 PM
Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on May 31, 2007, 05:14:01 PM
Quote from: Springfield on May 31, 2007, 04:59:20 PM
since when was m convery the co. chairman or who gave him the power to make threats like this.
p bradley will im sure play against antrim and the co board surely wouldnt have the balls, or be stupid enough to suspend him again.
that would be a media disaster for them

Why would it be a media disaster for them to suspend a player for manhandling a ref?????

If the refs see that they are going to be ignored, manhandled and treated with total disrespect why should they turn up for matches???
Tbh Dubsforsam, from what i hear there was little or no physical contact, i've told this is a severe case of 'traffic-warden syndrome'.

Bogball - To my mind it shouldn't matter if the contact was absolutely minimum - the rules are that no physical contact is allowed with the ref....

Springfield

all im basing that on was that last night in glenullin i heard PC and he had been chatting about his fitness and asked him about the possibility of figuring at some stage of the match.
i see the website says that more names can be added to the panel before the weekend so id expect a late addition sun morning.

as for the team, youve got to worry bout the forward line. wilkinson??? lynch also yet to prove it and diver is good but will prob play in midfield.

OakLeaf

Quote from: hairyhog on May 31, 2007, 10:25:10 PM
is it just me or does it seem a bit absurd that the referees are now making threats. If the one at the centre of this controversy had been more competant at his job then there would be no mess. It only serves to highlight that the ref made a cockup, should he or his representatives not be keeping quiet.  Stick to counting scores lads and keep outta the legal business and papers, you're making fools of yourselves in front of the country, pointing that you're unfairly treated. It wouldnt happen if you did your job right.

First, point . . I don't know of any Derry referees that even heard about a threatened strike, prior to yesterday's comments.

Your last point is basically saying that if a referee makes a mistake you can't blame a player for man-handling him! Nice. Luckily for referees, not everyone thinks like you. How do you think it would go down if the same treatment was dished out to players that made mistakes? People make mistakes full stop. Get used to it. It doesn't give others license to do what they want, not least people who are suppoed to be setting an example for the young people in their county. Time to wise up!

hoganstandman

Long before Paddy Bradley there were many Derry players got in trouble with referees in fighting etc. Now what Im saying here is why does the county want to hang Paddy out to dry all the time?  Do you want Paddy to quit in the morning because if it made you feel better he would.  Some of you South derry men are unreal and very forgetful of your own club crimes. What about Max is he brave enough to put his name up. 

Louper

Quote from: hoganstandman on June 01, 2007, 10:46:26 AM
Now what Im saying here is why does the county want to hang Paddy out to dry all the time?  

what do u mean all the time?

Maximus Marillius

Why would I do that, its not like I have told lies, or misrepresented the truth. The guy man handled the ref, even by his own admission at the discliplinary meeting. I would love the guy to play for derry on Sunday(thats my heart talking) but my head knows that we have rules and they need to be observed. I don't see what is wrong with taking that position. Why would Bradley quit, after all he is the one who abused the ref....so why would he quit?

Fuzzman

I agree with Maximus in that the DRA have done a real Pontius Pilate and agreed with the technicality but by throwing it back to the county board now means sort it out yourself as the public eye watches on.

Cos if they let him off altogether it looks really bad that you can raise your hand to a ref but as long as its Not too bad of a slap then you can get off.

Derry and Paddy himelf must be thinking is it better to take the punishment now against Antrim and maybe Monaghan/Down and be back for the tougher games or risk it and play 20 mins v antrim where he will hardly be needed.

If ye cannae beat Antrim without him ye really are a wan man team.

I think he should sit it out and let the dust settle.
Should we beat Donegal I'd say PB will be well up for a big performance v Ricey in the Ulster final should ye get there

magpie seanie

I see nothing wrong with what the Convery fella said. Bradley would be wise to not play at the weekend cos if he does he'll more than likely have to start his ban again from then. If he doesn't play would he be back for July 7th should Derry not make the Ulster final?

fer fox ache

Convery shouldn't have opened his mouth, he may have had a case but by going public he has cut the moraloe high ground out from under himslef. I don't think he speaks for anywhere near the majority of Derry refs. I believe he's actually done Paddy a favour by prejudicing any potential re-hearing, a point which Fergal Logan will surely have noted. I can't see how Mickey can possibly be involved in the apapointing of officials for any future matches involving Paddy after this, as such I think his days as the referee's administrator are numbered.