Refereeing 2007

Started by thejuice, May 14, 2007, 06:53:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

new devil

The ref in the new york game yesterday was very bad,ever time a new york player touched a sligo player he got ticked or booked!

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Billys Boots on May 14, 2007, 04:43:14 PM
In fairness Croí, he missed a few for Longford too, and Boyle/Keane got away with murder in the first half.  I remember about halfway through the first half O'Shaughnessy was able to catch cleanly in midfield because Flanagan had hauled Hannify to the ground - no whistle, and it led directly to an easy WH point.  Swings and roundabouts, as always - I thought McEneaney was alright yesterday.

I'm sure he did miss a few for Longford as well but the one I raised above (agree completely accidental Hardy), well he was the closest person to it and still didn't raise a whisker. I couldn't (and still can't) believe it. I'd liken Boyle/Keane's performance in the first half to the job done on Dessie/Glennon in the second, i.e. close to the edge. Can anyone explain to me what Boyle was booked for by a linesman the whole width of the field away???

On the positive side for McEneaney, he was spot on for penalising players on both sides for picking the ball off the ground.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

oakleaf stateside

i agree with devil he was very bad
Dont Do It

new devil

sent out from ireland to make sure new york wouldnt win!... not that there was any danger of that  :(

Hardy

Quote from: new devil on May 14, 2007, 04:47:19 PM
every time a new york player touched a sligo player he got ticked or booked!

He should have got the message then and stopped doing it!

Smokin Joe

Quote from: 5iveTimes on May 14, 2007, 06:48:04 PM
I thought the Referee in Cavan yesterday was dire to say the least. Cavan got a lot of easy frees, including the one that McCabe scored in injury time to put them one up, while Down rarely got anything,

That is just bias if you didn't think the last free was a foul.  The Cavan player was bending down to pick up the ball when a Down player kicked at him from behind - a free all day long.

new devil

Quote from: Hardy on May 14, 2007, 07:17:58 PM
Quote from: new devil on May 14, 2007, 04:47:19 PM
every time a new york player touched a sligo player he got ticked or booked!

He should have got the message then and stopped doing it!

??? ???

Hardy

With apologies to Tommy Cooper.

SimpleSimon

I was at the Ulster hurling matches on Sunday and the refereeinh in the Derry and Armagh was a disgrace. It spoiled what wasn't a dirty game in any way!