2 weeks till it all starts

Started by his holiness nb, April 27, 2007, 12:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

QuoteSligo

Football
Connaght Finalists and qualifiers round 4.

Hurling
Rackard cup finalists

I agree completely.

tayto

Jaysus lads, its not hard to see why hurling is struggling in ulster. Do any of yez care?!?!!?

How do we think our county will do or what do we hope for?

Hurling : Give wexford a game, maybe sneak a win. Given their improved NHL i think that might be stretching it

Football : a third leinster would be an achievement, hope to god we can up the performances from the league, but fear we'll come a cropper when we meet quality oposition.

armaghniac

Armagh
football: AI semi-final by back door
hurling: reasonable result against Derry and final of Rackard cup 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

thebandit

Armagh

Football - AIF  ;D
Hurling - Bad

Monaghan
Football - AIQF (through back door)
Hurling - Worse

ONeill

Tyrone

Football: Lose to Fermanagh by 4 in the first round. Win at Westmeath in the qualifiers but lose to Meath. Mickey is hounded out of the county by the majority. He appeals the decision and wins with a sizeable population of the county forced into a plantation of Armagh. He redesigns the county and names it Tir Harte. British cartographers rebel but Mickey appeals and wins.

Hurling: Is that like rounders?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Spiritof98

Armagh

Football - Winners

Hurling - beat Derry in Ulster C'ship and win Nicky Rackard

All Ireland double!!
I'll go back if Marsdens back

westmayo

Football: All Irealnd Semi-final
Hurling: Group stages of the Ring Cup, maybe knock out stages if lucky

Mid Mon

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on April 27, 2007, 12:48:55 PM
Cavan
Football- Ulster Finalists and win a game in the qualifiers.

Hurling-to actually win a game in the Nicky Rackard Cup would be nice.

Cavan to win 3 games in the Ulster Championship!!! Are u mad???

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

An Fhairche Abu

Galway

Football: Connacht 1st round loss to Mayo, followed by backdoor wins until an All Ireland Q-final exit (unless we meet a very decent team  in the backdoor system, in which case an earlier exit).

Hurling: Depending on the avoidance of Kilkenny, an All-Ireland Semi-final apperance.

maddog

Quote from: The Bottom Brick on April 27, 2007, 01:23:45 PM

Tyrone . . .

Hurling - no idea!

Armagh
hurling - not sure

The orchard,
hurling – dunno

Armagh
Hurling: dunno

Real GAA people up there, no doubt about it.

Is there a problem with not knowing how they will cope with the step up (i.e Derry)?

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Mid Mon on April 27, 2007, 02:41:08 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on April 27, 2007, 12:48:55 PM
Cavan
Football- Ulster Finalists and win a game in the qualifiers.

Hurling-to actually win a game in the Nicky Rackard Cup would be nice.

Cavan to win 3 games in the Ulster Championship!!! Are u mad???

Down and Derry/Antrim will be tough no doubt,but its good that we will have a break and a challenge against Monaghan in between  :P

LaurelEye

Longford

Football:

Victory over Westmeath, and sure we'll see how it goes from there. If we could beat Laois, then a Leinster final place should be achievable.

Realistically, Leinster quarter-final followed by a win or two in the qualifiers.

Hurling:

Rackard Cup final.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Will Hunting

Derry

Football: Beat Antrim I suppose, then get beat by Monaghan in the semi-final (because we can't win two games in a row!). Possible All-Ireland Quarter-Final appearance after that, but that's probably about the height of it. By the way, how does the qualifier system work now if there's only 3 rounds... will the teams beaten in the first round go into the same qualifier round as the teams beaten in the provincial semi-finals (bar the division 4 teams)?

Hurling:

ExiledGael

Fermanagh

Hurling, one win if we're lucky

Football, lose to Tyrone on a replay, sneak to the All-Ireland Q/F, Charlie signs out on a high