Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

Hound

Quote from: dec on April 19, 2021, 05:34:40 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 16, 2021, 05:56:27 AM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 15, 2021, 06:10:18 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 13, 2021, 09:18:16 PM
First jab booked here for myself and herself in San Jose for Thursday morning.

1st one down - really efficient operation by the county health unit.
2nd dose booked for 3 weeks time.

i have to go to Richmond on Tuesday morning for my first dose. Coulda waited longer for something closer to San Jose, but I don't want to wait.

Supposedly anyone 16+ is eligible for the vaccine now in every state. That doesn't mean much if is so difficult to actually book an appointment.
Colleague of mine in Seattle in his early 40s, said he'd have to wait a fair while yet. But himself and his wife travelled 2.5 hours east, 'where they don't believe in Covid' and got their jabs no problem!

imtommygunn

I've heard of a few doing that. Look for the most whacky states and get your vaccine booked imminently there lol.

Eamonnca1

Got my first dose of Pfizer this morning. We'll see how I feel tomorrow.

screenexile

Got AZ Vaccine last night and everything was fine until about 2am and I woke up with severe chills a headache and feeling achey.

Lasted through the night only starting to come round now hopefully that's the end of it!! Great operation they have in the SSE in Belfast in and out very quickly plenty of people there and all very helpful!

imtommygunn

I'd that too. It went away quick enough. Main hangover a sore arm for a few days.

JohnDenver

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 21, 2021, 08:33:24 AM
I'd that too. It went away quick enough. Main hangover a sore arm for a few days.

Reminds me of school days after getting one of the boosters (BCG maybe?) and there'd be a fair few dead arm punches being dished out on the affected arm!

bennydorano

Woman in work's Husband has had some serious blood clotting related issues after his vaccination - he got Pzifer. I had to Google it there to see if there'd been any other reported cases as you don't hear much about it in comparison to AZ and J&J, but there's been 35 cases with Pzifer (4 with Moderna) https://www.statnews.com/2021/04/13/researchers-search-for-answers-in-puzzle-of-blood-clots-and-covid-vaccines-and-see-some-clues/

DrinkingHarp

Received my second Pfizer shot yesterday

24 hours later no side effects except a sore arm that had a big goose egg but has since gone down.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Eamonnca1

No side effects from me from the Pfizer. Not even a sore arm, just a very mild and barely noticeable ache.

clarshack

was reading there about an actor (Vivek) who was big in India and he took a heart attack and died the next day after his jab on the 16th April.

johnnycool

Quote from: Rich Ricci on April 13, 2021, 05:09:55 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 13, 2021, 04:36:39 PM
I got the AZ one yesterday. I have definitely felt better than I have done today.

My two, fairly aged, parents got the pfizer one (both jabs).

Got the AZ myself. Felt like shit the next day, real chills and headache. Few paracetamols and I was right as rain the next day.

Felt a bit ropey myself after the AZ one...

RedHand88

Quote from: clarshack on April 22, 2021, 10:02:46 AM
was reading there about an actor (Vivek) who was big in India and he took a heart attack and died the next day after his jab on the 16th April.

Overweight man has heart attack.

JoG2

Quote from: clarshack on April 22, 2021, 10:02:46 AM

As good a reason as I've read to not take the vaccine. Indebted

Keyser soze

Had the 1st AZ couple of weeks ago, no side effects at all.

trailer

Got the AZ a few days ago. All good in hood here. No side effects at all.